Fallout 76 is struggling

#1 Posted by urbangamez (3394 posts) -

Bethesda games always seems to have problems, but this time it seems as if it has gotten worse, fallout 76 is being trashed by gamers. some of the bugs in the game are really funny judging from some of the posts on the web but overall the general opinion seems to be that this game is a flop.

time for elder scrolls 6

#2 Posted by with_teeth26 (9096 posts) -

I got a review copy of the game, and actually had a decent time with it. the open world is great and I really enjoyed the exploration and environmental storytelling aspect of it.

the game is very rough though, especially the multiplayer component, and enemy AI that bugs out/breaks pretty damn frequently.

it feels like a mulitplayer expansion to FO4, with a awesome map, but a lot of half-baked ideas, and the typical Bethesda bugs.

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (38355 posts) -

Time for Bethesda to get the slap they've been deserving for a long time. Look at how they handled the 200$ CE bag fiasco

#4 Edited by mrbojangles25 (42325 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Time for Bethesda to get the slap they've been deserving for a long time. Look at how they handled the 200$ CE bag fiasco

Yeah a slap for sure.

But at the same time, Bethesda and ZeniMax (parent company) have had some incredible hits, not just commercially but critically. Wolfenstein, Prey, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout up until now.

As a gamer, I respect them a lot, it's tough to ask them to change their ways just because of mediocre Fallout 4 (which, granted, was still a lot of fun) and a terrible Fallout 76.

We'll see how Rage 2 turns out....

#5 Posted by warmblur (1083 posts) -

@mrbojangles25 said:
@MonsieurX said:

Yeah a slap for sure.

But at the same time, Bethesda and ZeniMax (parent company) have had some incredible hits, not just commercially but critically. Wolfenstein, Prey, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout up until now.

As a gamer, I respect them a lot, it's tough to ask them to change their ways just because of mediocre Fallout 4 (which, granted, was still a lot of fun) and a terrible Fallout 76.

We'll see how Rage 2 turns out....

My biggest fear with Rage 2 is that it might be exclusive to Bethesda crappy digital store and not on Steam that could be a deal breaker for me.

#6 Posted by mrbojangles25 (42325 posts) -

@warmblur said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@MonsieurX said:

...We'll see how Rage 2 turns out....

My biggest fear with Rage 2 is that it might be exclusive to Bethesda crappy digital store and not on Steam that could be a deal breaker for me.

We will see. Not sure if the Bethesda thing is for their online games only (TESO, Fallout 76) or for all future games. I don't see why it would be for all games, but you never know.

#7 Edited by Maxpowers_32 (620 posts) -

I don't quite understand the appeal of Fallout 76. What I enjoyed about the original Fallout games (and to a lesser extent the newer ones) was interacting with the NPCs and the crazy situations and clever writing you had along the way. A multiplayer only game with a lot of base building seems like a different game to me.