Fallout 3 Installation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dread318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dread318
Member since 2010 • 66 Posts
Hello, I bought Fallout 3 a while back (many, many months ago, I wanna say close to a year) and I installed it on my machine and played it for several weeks before my computer had a problem (totally unrelated to Fallout 3). I loved the game to death. When I got my computer back, the tech had wiped the memory. I was really discouraged about this, but I decided to start from scratch and start reinstalling all my programs and/or games. When I got to Fallout, it wouldn't install, as a matter of fact whenever I put the disk in the drive, it won't even read it. At first I thought there was a problem with my disk drive/reader and I totally forgot about it and started playing other games. Now, I just bought my wife The Sims 3 for Valentines Day (the whole problem completely slipping my mind). It installed perfectly, with no problems what so ever. She plays it on a daily basis. So I thought that I would give Fallout 3 another shot, but it still doesn't even show up (the folder for my disk drive reads DVD-RAM ( Drive D: ) with no files in it. I tried looking all over, to see if maybe the files were hidden, or perhaps if something had happened, but I can't find ANYTHING about it. What happened? Are games now just one shot kind of things? Someone - anyone, please help.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

Hello, I bought Fallout 3 a while back (many, many months ago, I wanna say close to a year) and I installed it on my machine and played it for several weeks before my computer had a problem (totally unrelated to Fallout 3). I loved the game to death. When I got my computer back, the tech had wiped the memory. I was really discouraged about this, but I decided to start from scratch and start reinstalling all my programs and/or games. When I got to Fallout, it wouldn't install, as a matter of fact whenever I put the disk in the drive, it won't even read it. At first I thought there was a problem with my disk drive/reader and I totally forgot about it and started playing other games. Now, I just bought my wife The Sims 3 for Valentines Day (the whole problem completely slipping my mind). It installed perfectly, with no problems what so ever. She plays it on a daily basis. So I thought that I would give Fallout 3 another shot, but it still doesn't even show up (the folder for my disk drive reads DVD-RAM ( Drive D: ) with no files in it. I tried looking all over, to see if maybe the files were hidden, or perhaps if something had happened, but I can't find ANYTHING about it. What happened? Are games now just one shot kind of things? Someone - anyone, please help.Dread318

not sure, maybe the disc itself is corrupt. or damaged

Dread318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Dread318
Member since 2010 • 66 Posts
I don't think so, wouldn't it at least come up as damaged files? Or ask you to format it?
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

I don't think so, wouldn't it at least come up as damaged files? Or ask you to format it?Dread318

not neccessarily, depends on how its damaged, or where its damaged, could be a disk weight issue, (some dvd's will not even register or show up in my gf pc, we found out it was due to the weight of the disk, maybe you could try evenly taping the top side of the disk to add some weight to it and see if it does it then)

question is the disk spinning in the drive, if you dont hear it spin in the drive like other disks, then this is prolly the issue