Fallout 1 Time Limit

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Nicolas101 (491 posts) -

Hi,

I have just bought Fallout 1, and it is patched to V2.0. I have read that this increases the time limit, yet for me it still says that I only have 150 days to find the waterchip. Any help?

#2 Posted by koza_76 (338 posts) -

Hi,

I have just bought Fallout 1, and it is patched to V2.0. I have read that this increases the time limit, yet for me it still says that I only have 150 days to find the waterchip. Any help?

Nicolas101
I don't remember any patch increasing the time limit. There might be a mod that allows you too. There is also a quest that may help out, or will it? The game can be finished easily in 150 game days though. I suggest play it like that so you can have some weight over your head.
#3 Posted by AFBrat77 (26275 posts) -

I do know there is a quest that gives you another 100 days as I recall.

But you should have plenty of time, if it gets close google the walkthroughs to see where the water chip is.

#4 Posted by JangoWuzHere (19032 posts) -
the game gives you more time to finish the main quest. The water chip is a quest but you will find out what you are really susposed to do later down the road.
#5 Posted by IZoMBiEI (6477 posts) -
finding the water chip is only a small part of the game and you have plenty of time to get it down. I wouldnt really worry too much about it.
#6 Posted by ShotGunBunny (2184 posts) -
Just play the game, you'll see there's nothing to worry about.
#7 Posted by Fyrhtu (199 posts) -

Hi,

Nicolas101
I'm suprised that people are still interested in very old PC games.
#8 Posted by Fyrhtu (199 posts) -
Just play the game, you'll see there's nothing to worry about.ShotGunBunny
Computer is infamous for it's technical problems. I couldn't even play STALKER for long on Vista OS.
#9 Posted by Ein-7919 (3490 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShotGunBunny"]Just play the game, you'll see there's nothing to worry about.Fyrhtu
Computer is infamous for it's technical problems. I couldn't even play STALKER for long on Vista OS.

Um...what? How does this even relate to anything in this thread?

#10 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -
I don't remember a mod to increase the time limit, but honestly you don't need it. Take you time exploring and you should still be able to find it with plenty of time to get back. I wanted to see what happened if I didn't get back in time, and remember getting bored trying to pass the time using the pipboy rest feature.
#11 Posted by Almighty-mints (5036 posts) -

Just play the game, you'll see there's nothing to worry about.ShotGunBunny

What he said.

Worst case just read a guide.

#12 Posted by Threesixtyci (4451 posts) -

This is the site I go to.... for mods and user patches... http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php

#13 Posted by ZuluEcho14 (8225 posts) -
Look for the Water Merchants in The Hub, for 1000 caps they will take a cargo of water to the vault and that will buy you 100 more days.
#14 Posted by Drazule (8694 posts) -

Look for the Water Merchants in The Hub, for 1000 caps they will take a cargo of water to the vault and that will buy you 100 more days.ZuluEcho14

[Spoilerish Warning]

The problem is that if you get the merchants you will get 100 days for the water chip, but you will then lose 100 days on the second half of the game as the location of the Vault isn't hidden anymore.

#17 Posted by Drazule (8694 posts) -

^^

Did you post in the wrong thread are are you just blind?