ESO - Thieves Guild Expansion Pack Released - Should I get the other DLC packs?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

Hey all,

To those with ESO. I love the game and think its a great MMO but havent gotten too far into it yet. Last sale I bought 5500 crowns to spend on DLC packs but now another DLC pack, The Thieves Guild, has released and I have to make a decision. Either get more crowns or buy just two of the three available packs. I know there arent any reviews for Thieves Guild yet and that it will take time to determine if its worth getting but what about the other DLCs? Is Imperial City or Orsinium missable? I know I want Orsinium for the PvE content and story but I also like PvP and the potential content in Imperial City and its PvP zones. Orsinium seems to add the most content. What would you guys recommend? I bought ESO for $12 a while back and now have 6000 standing Crowns. What would you do?

Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Gamesterpheonix

lol 60 views and no opinions? Someone here has to be playing ESO!

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@Gamesterpheonix: I have been bored with games lately, but I sort of got back into LoL. I have been thinking about playing ESO again, but a lot of people have told me that it just isn't worth it.

Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gamesterpheonix

@Mighty-Lu-Bu: I mean I go into bouts myself. Right now I am mainly playing MP games that keep my mind active but Im not totally into games right now either. I bought and start playing ESO for cheap so I dont have any regrets but I did buy 5500 crowns lol so I might as well use them. Thinking about it though, Thieves Guild has SP content and introduces new mechanics and skill trees to the game. That coupled with the SP content of Orsinium might be a better choice for me as Im not into PvP yet (too low level lol).

But going back to what you said, any reason why you've been bored with games? I think my rut has to do with my mental state but that may not be the case with you.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@Gamesterpheonix: Well, I could have gotten lost in Skyrim- currently I have over 700 hours into Skyrim, however, I have never actually beaten Skyrim, Oblivion or Morrowind. I got an idea that I should go back to Oblivion (I think Morrowind is too old) and play the game all over with mods and actually try to beat the game. I followed guides and I got the mods I wanted, but modding in Oblivion is about 10x harder than modding in Skyrim and I got frustrated when I couldn't get some of my mods to work- right now I feel like since I can't get my mods to work, it isn't worth playing at this point if that makes any sense at all. I feel like Oblivion should get a remaster and that Morrowind should get a remaster / remake. In total I have over 5000 hours in Oblivion which is more than any game I have ever played.

Anyways, I go through these phases mainly because when I get bored of the single player titles, a lot of my friends don't play video games so I can't fully enjoy the MP titles (however I did just get sucked back into LoL which has improved so much in the last 6 months).

Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gamesterpheonix

@Mighty-Lu-Bu: lol see thats why I stay away from mods during my full playthroughs. I know that I get bogged down with them. The same thing that happened to you with Oblivion, happened with me. Except in my case I was too obsessed with getting it to look pretty rather than enjoying the game itself. In the end though I didnt actually like the game or the ending. It was dumb. Skyrim I modded visually and then played through the whole game. 125 hrs. It wasnt that great of a story in the end but the side quests and other stuff were actually great. It was good to at least finish it. Right now Ive finished a lot of my games by just playing them and trying to have fun rather than try to hard to mod them. I like to play games as the devs intended so I know Im getting the experience that they wanted. Most of my modding now involves getting Reshade to work so it looks sexy while I play lol.