This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrummerShane12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 DrummerShane12
Member since 2004 • 2531 Posts
ok so i HAVE A delema...the system requirements lab says i dont meet the requirements because my video card ..a nvidia GeForce Go 6150 and it says it onlt has 64mb or ram and i should have 256....my preocessor owns and so does my system ram 1000mb ....can i still run this game ???    thanks!
rascoqaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rascoqaz
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
I doubt it and if you do it'll be on low and probably choppy.
MetalAzz666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 MetalAzz666
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts

I don't thing Oblivion will run on your system. Check these stats...

Recommended:

3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor1 GB System RAMATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

Minimum System Requirements:

Windows XP512MB System RAM2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor128MB Direct3D compatible video cardand DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;8x DVD-ROM drive4.6 GB free hard disk spaceDirectX 9.0c (included)DirectX 8.1 compatible sound cardKeyboard, Mouse

You don't even make the minimum requirements, and for a graphic-heavy game like this that spells certain doom. It's called common sense...

marc5477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 marc5477
Member since 2005 • 388 Posts

ok so i HAVE A delema...the system requirements lab says i dont meet the requirements because my video card ..a nvidia GeForce Go 6150 and it says it onlt has 64mb or ram and i should have 256....my preocessor owns and so does my system ram 1000mb ....can i still run this game ??? thanks!DrummerShane12

I assume youre trying to play it on a laptop. Just for reference, the GeForce Go 6150 is a fairly old card even though it is common in a brand new systems. For reference, see this list of benchmarks

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

Joshywaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5 Joshywaa
Member since 2002 • 10991 Posts

ok so i HAVE A delema...the system requirements lab says i dont meet the requirements because my video card ..a nvidia GeForce Go 6150 and it says it onlt has 64mb or ram and i should have 256....my preocessor owns and so does my system ram 1000mb ....can i still run this game ???    thanks!DrummerShane12

It won't run too great with that video card, regardless how much ram you have.

Kiwi_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kiwi_1
Member since 2003 • 2963 Posts
Oblivion needs a mid-level video card.  It runs very poorly (slowly) on the X600 and the Geforce 6600 vanilla, whether those are "supported" or not.  The Nforce 6150 is slightly better than an Intel IGP, but not as good as the ATI Xpress200 IGP -- none can run Oblivion outdoors, in cities, and especially not in the woods or near a Gate. 
kodai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 kodai
Member since 2003 • 924 Posts

As other have said Oblivion on the PC runs very poorly on some of the older cards.  However, the most important thing to remeber about Oblivion and video cards is this.  If your card is not on the list of cards supported (or brand new cards that havent made the list yet), then IT WILL NOT WORK AT ALL.  This is one game that does not allow the user to futz around with the minimum requirments.  Your card is either on the list and works or it doesnt.  End of story.  If you are on a notebook and cant upgrade your video card then Oblivion may just be out of the question for you. 

Personaly I hate to recommend this, but if you have a 360 or PS3 then you would do well to get it for either of those if you cant upgrade your video card.  It's a great game on any system, but the PC lets it shine.  Still it's the same game on the consoles, but playing this sort of game via gamepad is not really my bag.  It's better than not playing it at all though.

Avatar image for deactivated-60a353d568bd7
deactivated-60a353d568bd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-60a353d568bd7
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts
I played it on a 128meg 6800gt for many months and it was just so close to being able to run it with the candy but every time I entered combat, the FPS struggled and sometimes it would crash. I don't think your card will go close to running it but if you were ever going to upgrade for a game... this is it. The graphics employed are out of this world, nothing before it has come close for me. You WANT to be able to stick on HDR, all the shadows, highest textures and then be able to tweak the graphics to get even more - there's almost no roof to the improvements you can make with better hardware (check out Gamespot's 'Make it Pretty' feature, for example). Do yourself a giant favour: Upgrade. Play this game.
eva89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 eva89
Member since 2004 • 807 Posts
u cant play, it will crash.
ROVABE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ROVABE
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Actually, you can! I was able to play it with an geforce 4200.  You can use a program

called oldblivion (http://www.oldblivion.com/); it makes the game run very smoothly.

have fun! 

Selrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Selrath
Member since 2005 • 3333 Posts

Mine passed the recommended but i still have quite some bad fps when inside some houses and in the wild.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts
Yeah I had a 6200 card and it was like... colorless, I can't really explain it.  It looked like a bad cartoon.  But getting something like a 7600 isn't all that expensive.
Kiwi_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kiwi_1

Actually, you can! I was able to play it with an geforce 4200. You can use a program

called oldblivion; it makes the game run very smoothly.ROVABE

OldBlivion is for "Old" video cards that only run with the earliest Pixel Shaders in Dx8, including the GF4 Titanium cards, and various Radeons in the 8500- 9000- 9100- 9200 family. It also helpd nVidia "FX" cards because those have no native SM 2 functionality (they used an independent pixel shader system).

When we are talking about newer video devices, such as IGPs from ATI and nVidia that are able to handle the SM2, those are supposed to receive only minimal benefit, if any, from OldBlivion. But the FX 5200 and the Radeon 9200/ 9250 are so slow running Dx8 shaders that Oblivion is still relatively slow running under the OldBlivion texture tradeout with those. Your GF4 card was much faster in its day than the "4200" model number seems to reflect.

At the time that the Ti-4200 was still new, model numbers had little direct relationship to GPU speed. The "Ti" part was the primary speed indicator. Compared to the FXes, a Ti-4200 was about at "5750" when both were running Dx8 code. By today, the Ti-4200 ends up being roughly in the Geforce 7300 GT's speed range just from generational improvements.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
The truth: your system does not own.
Kiwi_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kiwi_1

I played it on a 128meg 6800gt for many months and it was just so close to being able to run it with the candy but every time I entered combat, the FPS struggled and sometimes it would crash. I don't think your card will go close to running it but if you were ever going to upgrade for a game... this is it. The graphics employed are out of this world, nothing before it has come close for me. You WANT to be able to stick on HDR, all the shadows, highest textures and then be able to tweak the graphics to get even more - there's almost no roof to the improvements you can make with better hardware (check out Gamespot's 'Make it Pretty' feature, for example). Do yourself a giant favour: Upgrade. Play this game.TurambarGS

I currently have three PCs here that meet the minimums of Oblivion.  Two are above the Recommended Levels that really is what I think of as the "reasonable minimum".  One has a 6800 GT with 256 MBs of RAM.  It runs Windows2000 only, and in no combat scenes with that one have I seen serious bogging.  It does have some trouble in the deep woods, but not really "bad" there (at 1280 by 1024).  It's the one with a 6600 GT and 128 MBs that has that kind of trouble (below the recommended level).  The PC with the slowest CPU has the fastest GPU (X800 XT-Platinum), and doesn't slow down anywhere.  

I've tested two of those systems with XP as well as Win2K, and there is 10-15% better performance in Win2K.  But even in WinXP, I didn't see any slowdown anywhere with my X800 XT-PE card.   Maybe your 6800 is an "XT", which is a crippled card compared to a GT.Â