Edge Enhancement Has Literally Ruined My Television....

SnPzFresh-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 SnPzFresh-
Member since 2019 • 150 Posts

Edge Enhancement is the DEVIL!

Okay, so with this TV, Edge Enhancement is not listed anywhere. The only way to turn off Edge Enhancement, Is to switch Preset to PC. Edges look smooth! Wow it's amazing. The only thing is the colors look like crap! Everything looks muted, and blacks lose their crispness. I even calibrated the TV, with PC mode, and it still looks muted.

So, now every time i turn on this TV I'm on the fence, whether i want good color reproduction, or smoother edges. This is really bothering me, because my phone looks better than my TV! Of course, because of higher PPI, but this TV looks dreadful! I want to know if there anyway to make PC mode look better?

Thanks for reading, and understanding. All help is very much appreciated!

TV specs, below.

Television: TOSHIBA 32C120U 720p HD-READY TV https://www.cnet.com/reviews/toshiba-32c120u-review/

Picture Mode: Dynamic

Standard

Movie

PC

Preference

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

It's a really cheap TV you get what you pay for. It's also 3 years old.

You won't be able to fix the colour, even in the review they say colour accuracy is terrible. Edge enhancement looking through other forums in permanently on and cannot even be switched off in the service menu. Your stuck sorry mate.

SnPzFresh-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SnPzFresh-

@npiet1: Alright, well that sucks. I'm going to get a 1080p Monitor, soon. Thanks for replying.

SnPzFresh-

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#4 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@snpzfresh-: Time for a new TV! There must be a lot of sales right now! It’s January!

SnPzFresh-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SnPzFresh-

@npiet1: @kadin_kai: ok, so i figured the problem. I looked up the calibration settings for this TV model. I put the TV in Standard mode, and changed the settings to the correct value. When i did that, it made colors pop, but not over saturated. It still had Edge Enhancement on, but it wasn't even that bad. Edges were relatively, smooth. Before, i had Contrast set too high, plus i had Dynamic Contrast set to HIGH. That's what made edges look so choppy. To go on that, colors weren't even vibrant they were washed out, from extreme Contrast.

Bad Settings: Contrast: 100

Backlight: 100

DynaLight: Off

Brightness: 50

Color: (85) To compensate with Dynamic Contrast

Tint: 0

Sharpness: (10) 20 is the max

Advanced Settings: Dynamic Contrast HIGH

Static Gamma: 0

Color Tempurature: Cool

B Drive: 0

G Drive: 0

Correct Settings: Contrast: 80

Backlight: 100

DynaLight: On

Brightness: 55

Color: 47

Tint: -10

Sharpness: (10) 20 is the max

Advanced Settings: Dynamic Contrast Off

Static Gamma: 3

Color Tempurature: Warm

B Drive: -12

G Drive -2

That's about it. Thanks for reading, and take care:)