Early Review: Crysis 3 possibly 5hrs long, including side missions!

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by biggest_loser (24275 posts) -

This person on System Wars found an thread where someone has read the first review of Crysis 3. 

The game is rated 9/10 but the game is said to be only 5 hours long, including doing side stuff.

Original thread  

Source

#2 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (5013 posts) -

:/ I hope that's not true. Crysis 2 wasn't nearly that short. I'm not buying this game because of multiplayer so if the single player is really that short I definitely don't want the game. In 1 post you just made me second guess my pre-order. :P  Also, since when did Crysis have side missions? Is that a new thing for Crysis 3?

#3 Posted by biggest_loser (24275 posts) -

:/ I hope that's not true. Crysis 2 wasn't nearly that short. In 1 post you just made me second guess my pre-order. :P  Also, since when did Crysis have side missions? Is that a new thing for Crysis 3?

Toxic-Seahorse
With Crysis 1 there were some side stuff like 'clear this area and grab some grenades'. Not particularly long either.
#4 Posted by ferret-gamer (17476 posts) -
Its probably 8 hours long or so. Before release there was stuff saying Crysis 2 was 4-5 hours long, when it took around 8 hours for most people. I would not trust the very first review ever for the game on length. For all we know they rushed the game on easy mode so they could get the review out as fast as possible.
#5 Posted by Sokol4ever (6693 posts) -

It took me 18.5 hours to finish Crysis 2, I took a stealth route and explored the areas that were given. I rarely rush through my games but if Crysis 3 is as short as Call of Duty campaigns, I will unfortunately have to skip on it until it's much lower in price.

While I enjoyed the multiplayer beta, I played all Crysis games for their single player experience primary. We will find out soon enough, most reviews rush the game to get the review out.

#6 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -

It took me 18.5 hours to finish Crysis 2, I took a stealth route and explored the areas that were given. I rarely rush through my games but if Crysis 3 is as short as Call of Duty campaigns, I will unfortunately have to skip on it until it's much lower in price.

While I enjoyed the multiplayer beta, I played all Crysis games for their single player experience primary. We will find out soon enough, most reviews rush the game to get the review out.

Sokol4ever

This exactly.

These days websites want to get ahead by releasing the first review of a game, so they put it on easy, and skip through anything.

I'm sure the campaign will be about 7-8 hours long and will be loads of fun like Crysis 1 and 2.

#7 Posted by Gladestone1 (5673 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]

FelipeInside

This exactly.

These days websites want to get ahead by releasing the first review of a game, so they put it on easy, and skip through anything.

I'm sure the campaign will be about 7-8 hours long and will be loads of fun like Crysis 1 and 2.

If its as long as crysis 2 which i enjoyed even before the update..Than ill be find with it..It sure will be better than aliens any how lol..

#8 Posted by biggest_loser (24275 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]

FelipeInside

This exactly.

It was played on Normal.
#9 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (5013 posts) -
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]

biggest_loser

This exactly.

It was played on Normal.

No reviewer is going to admit they played it on easy...
#10 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]

biggest_loser

This exactly.

It was played on Normal.

I was talking generally. And of course they might say Normal anyway to justify the review.
#11 Posted by flipin_jackass (9770 posts) -

You can make it 2-5 times longer if you put on max setting 'cuz it'll run that much slower.

#12 Posted by The_Capitalist (10838 posts) -

It took me 20 hours to beat the original Crysis and 8 hours to beat Crysis 2. 

#13 Posted by mitu123 (155235 posts) -

It took me 20 hours to beat the original Crysis 

The_Capitalist

What the hell were you doing in all that time?O_o

#14 Posted by James161324 (8315 posts) -

Its an early review, they usually come in low, just based on they probley powered threw it 

#15 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (5013 posts) -

It took me 20 hours to beat the original CrysisThe_Capitalist

How is that even possible?

#16 Posted by Jebus213 (10014 posts) -
How do people take more then 8 hours to finish Crysis 2? All you have to do is armor mode your way through and stealth the last mission. Also that casualized trash gives you suggestions on what you should do when you open your binocs.
#17 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (5013 posts) -

How do people take more then 8 hours to finish Crysis 2? All you have to do is armor mode your way through and stealth the last mission.Jebus213
Because that's not fun. Believe it or not, people play games to have fun. Mixing up play styles is more fun than doing the same thing over and over again. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should want to.

#18 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

It took me 20 hours to beat the original CrysisToxic-Seahorse

Explore, do all the side missions. Try different approaches to each mission. Play on harder setting, etc etc. Not everyone is a super duper FPS player which can just pound thru everything.
#19 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (5013 posts) -
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

It took me 20 hours to beat the original CrysisFelipeInside

Explore, do all the side missions. Try different approaches to each mission. Play on harder setting, etc etc. Not everyone is a super duper FPS player which can just pound thru everything.

If you try a mission multiple times over with different play styles that doesn't really count towards the playthrough. Also, Crysis is nowhere near 20 hours long. It's not a case of being good or bad at FPS games, that just seems like an unrealistic amount of time to beat the game.
#20 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] How is that even possible?

If you try a mission multiple times over with different play styles that doesn't really count towards the playthrough. Also, Crysis is nowhere near 20 hours long. It's not a case of being good or bad at FPS games, that just seems like an unrealistic amount of time to beat the game.

Well, I can't really remember how long I took to beat Crysis 1. Maybe 7-8 hours or less? (straight playthrough). Maybe 20hrs is a bit over the top, but who cares? If someone wants to take their time playing, let them.
#21 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (5013 posts) -

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Explore, do all the side missions. Try different approaches to each mission. Play on harder setting, etc etc. Not everyone is a super duper FPS player which can just pound thru everything.FelipeInside

Well, I can't really remember how long I took to beat Crysis 1. Maybe 7-8 hours or less? (straight playthrough). Maybe 20hrs is a bit over the top, but who cares? If someone wants to take their time playing, let them.

Taking time is fine, but 20 hours just seems like someone is lying to try to make the game look better than it was. People love to do that for Crysis after Crysis 2 was released. After Crysis 2 suddenly Crysis was some perfect game with a great open world when it fact the game was average (excluding graphics of course) and pretty damn linear most of the time. I do think Crysis was better than Crysis 2 but people seem to exaggerate when comparing the two games. 

#22 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] If you try a mission multiple times over with different play styles that doesn't really count towards the playthrough. Also, Crysis is nowhere near 20 hours long. It's not a case of being good or bad at FPS games, that just seems like an unrealistic amount of time to beat the game.

Taking time is fine, but 20 hours just seems like someone is lying to try to make the game look better than it was. People love to do that for Crysis after Crysis 2 was released. After Crysis 2 suddenly Crysis was some perfect game with a great open world when it fact the game was average (excluding graphics of course) and pretty damn linear most of the time.

Ahhhhh, I get ur point now. Sorry, went totally over my head.
#23 Posted by Jebus213 (10014 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]How do people take more then 8 hours to finish Crysis 2? All you have to do is armor mode your way through and stealth the last mission.Toxic-Seahorse

Because that's not fun. Believe it or not, people play games to have fun. Mixing up play styles is more fun than doing the same thing over and over again. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should want to.

I shouldn't have to "make" the fun. The game should be making me mix my play style and it doesn't. Since it doesn't, I'll play it just like they obviously intended me to. An oversimplified casual piece of sh!t.
#24 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]How do people take more then 8 hours to finish Crysis 2? All you have to do is armor mode your way through and stealth the last mission.Jebus213

I shouldn't have to "make" the fun. The game should be making me mix my play style and it doesn't. Since it doesn't, I'll play it just like they obviously intended me to. An oversimplified casual piece of sh!t.

If you didn't find the fun in Crysis 2 it's YOUR fault. And ur loss I guess....
#25 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
This doesn't bode well. I might revoke my pre-order and wait for a sale. Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider awaits!
#26 Posted by Jebus213 (10014 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] Because that's not fun. Believe it or not, people play games to have fun. Mixing up play styles is more fun than doing the same thing over and over again. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should want to.FelipeInside

Nah, not really. Crysis 2 is a really bad game.
#27 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Jebus213"] I shouldn't have to "make" the fun. The game should be making me mix my play style and it doesn't. Since it doesn't, I'll play it just like they obviously intended me to. An oversimplified casual piece of sh!t.

According to you.
#28 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (5013 posts) -

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]How do people take more then 8 hours to finish Crysis 2? All you have to do is armor mode your way through and stealth the last mission.Jebus213

I shouldn't have to "make" the fun. The game should be making me mix my play style and it doesn't.

:lol: That is bullsh*t and you know it. the game is about choices, not forcing you do do a certain thing. Why the hell would they require you to play a certain way when you don't want to? That's such a ridiculous complaint it's comical. Thanks for letting us know you're a troll though.

#29 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] If you didn't find the fun in Crysis 2 it's YOUR fault. And ur loss I guess....

According to you.

Aside from the vertical levels that I really enjoyed, it was mediocre. Vanilla graphics sucked.
#30 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (5013 posts) -

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Jebus213"] Nah, not really. Crysis 2 is a really bad game.Elann2008
According to you.

Aside from the vertical levels that I really enjoyed, it was mediocre. Vanilla graphics sucked.

You must have extremely high standards then. And I mean astronomically high. Even vanilla it's one of the best looking games around. I could see you being disappointed by them, but sucked? No way in hell. It looks better than 95% of the games that have released after it...

#31 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] According to you.Toxic-Seahorse

You must have extremely high standards then. And I mean astronomically high. Even vanilla it's one of the best looking games around. I could see you being disappointed by them, but sucked? No way in hell. It looks better than 95% of the games that have released after it...

All the blur, muddy graphics. It looks bad. And I'm sure many agree with me.. while many will agree with your side. Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. I prefer the clean-look.
#32 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Jebus213"] Nah, not really. Crysis 2 is a really bad game.

According to you.

Mediocre maybe. I personally thought it was good and fun, just a lot more closed than Crysis 1. As in ways to approach a situation. I loved the graphics though, and I had to turn some of them down.
#33 Posted by Jebus213 (10014 posts) -
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] Aside from the vertical levels that I really enjoyed, it was mediocre. Vanilla graphics sucked.Elann2008

All the blur, muddy graphics. It looks bad. And I'm sure many agree with me.. while many will agree with your side. Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. I prefer the clean-look.

I knew I wasn't alone.
#34 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] You must have extremely high standards then. And I mean astronomically high. Even vanilla it's one of the best looking games around. I could see you being disappointed by them, but sucked? No way in hell. It looks better than 95% of the games that have released after it...Jebus213

I knew I wasn't alone.

What do people mean by "muddy" graphics?
#35 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] All the blur, muddy graphics. It looks bad. And I'm sure many agree with me.. while many will agree with your side. Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. I prefer the clean-look.

I knew I wasn't alone.

Boot up Crysis 2 and everything looks like muddy painting, versus Crysis 1 or Crysis 3 where everything looks more "organic."
#36 Posted by Jebus213 (10014 posts) -
the game is about choicesToxic-Seahorse
and I chose to armor mode my way through the game. Cloak was useless and I hate having useless options. Ex. I'm almost done with Darksiders 1 and I've barely unlocked anything and I haven't used anything else other then Wars sword.
#37 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Jebus213"] I knew I wasn't alone.

Boot up Crysis 2 and everything looks like muddy painting, versus Crysis 1 or Crysis 3 where everything looks more "organic."

Organic. Crysis 1 and 3 use a lot more vegetation though. Part 1 was set on a tropical island, Part 3 the vegetation has taken over the City. A tropical island is always going to look better than a normal city, just because of the fact that we are used to a normal city landscape.
#38 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]the game is about choicesJebus213
and I chose to armor mode my way through the game. Cloak was useless and I hate having useless options.

Cloak useless? LOL.... stop saying nonsense please.
#39 Posted by Jebus213 (10014 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]the game is about choicesFelipeInside
and I chose to armor mode my way through the game. Cloak was useless and I hate having useless options.

Cloak useless? LOL.... stop saying nonsense please.

Alright fine. I used it to help hide while the generic red vignette/magic blood went away.
#40 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (5013 posts) -

So you chose to do it. It's not the game's fault like you were saying it was.
#41 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (5013 posts) -

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] Aside from the vertical levels that I really enjoyed, it was mediocre. Vanilla graphics sucked.Elann2008

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by vanilla (does that include the texture pack and DX11 update?) but my Crysis 2 doesn't look muddy, although I have both those things. At any rate, there is no way it looks bad unless you're just comparing it to the latest fantastic looking games (FC3 for example). But when you compare it to most games, especially older games, I fail to see how the graphics "sucked."

Crysis2%202013-01-31%2021-05-19-17.png

I'm not seeing the "mud" unless you're talking about the draw distance...

#42 Posted by Jebus213 (10014 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]the game is about choicesToxic-Seahorse

So you chose to do it. It's not the game's fault like you were saying it was.

It was required.
#43 Posted by Twisted14 (3497 posts) -
Steam says I have 17 hours on the first Crysis. I can't really remember how it played out for me, but I do remember getting stuck on a couple of missions. Namely the ones where you're driving around on the ice, it took a good hour or two for me to realise where I was meant to be going. I also can't remember what difficulty I played on, I think it was normal but it's possible that it was on hard, I remember dying a lot. I replayed missions a fair bit, sometimes because I would die and sometimes because I wanted to mess around and try different things. I also remember one mission where there was a small petrol station near a building that some woman was being kept in. I played that mission heaps of times, trying different ways to infiltrate the area and blowing up the petrol station in different ways.
#44 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] You must have extremely high standards then. And I mean astronomically high. Even vanilla it's one of the best looking games around. I could see you being disappointed by them, but sucked? No way in hell. It looks better than 95% of the games that have released after it...

Toxic-Seahorse

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by vanilla (does that include the texture pack and DX11 update?) but my Crysis 2 doesn't look muddy, although I have both those things. At any rate, there is no way it looks bad unless you're just comparing it to the latest fantastic looking games (FC3 for example). But when you compare it to most games, especially older games, I fail to see how the graphics "sucked."

Vanilla is without dx11 and texture pack. Dx11 and texture pack came way after release.  Open in new tab and look at the trees and the cars.. they look HORRIBLE.  Of course any game can look great with forum screenshots.  

#45 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18452 posts) -
I doubt they would make it that short.
#46 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (5013 posts) -

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] All the blur, muddy graphics. It looks bad. And I'm sure many agree with me.. while many will agree with your side. Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. I prefer the clean-look. Elann2008

Vanilla is without dx11 and texture pack. Dx11 and texture pack came way after release.  Open in new tab and look at the trees and the cars.. they look HORRIBLE.  Of course any game can look great with forum screenshots.  

The cars actually look pretty good in game. Kind of off topic but for some reason all my Crysis 2 screenshots look fuzzy. Do you see that? At first I though it was FRAPS but it isn't like that for any other game. I just loaded it up and sure enough, if you look at the screen close enough without moving there seems to be a bit of fuzz. You can't notice it moving but in screenshots it's painfully clear. It's especially noticeable on the street sign in that SS. Maybe that's what gives it a sort of muddy look. Back on topic though, I'm not sure how you think they look "HORRIBLE." What are the standards you're using? Crysis 3? They look better than 95% of games out...

#47 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

Do not care will still buy, first graphics card needed.

#48 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -

Do not care will still buy, first graphics card needed.

BattleSpectre
can I have ur old one? :P
#49 Posted by NoAssKicker47 (2851 posts) -
Cloak was useless and I hate having useless options.

It's not about the cloak being useless, it's about you not having a clue of how to use it. It's quite possibly the most useful power of the Nanosuit.
#50 Posted by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -
Crysis 2 was the worst game I've ever preordered. I don't care about the length of Crysis 3 as long as it's not CoD-inspired schlock.