Duty Calls - CoD parody from the makers of Bulletstorm

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#1 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

Duty Calls: The Calm Before the Storm is a CoD parody from the creators of Bulletstorm.

You can watch a trailer and download the full game here:

http://www.thedutycalls.com/download.html

EDIT: I was unaware that this was already posted. If someone could be kind enough to report this so a mod can close this thread, I would appreciate that.

Super-Trooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Super-Trooper
Member since 2004 • 1591 Posts

Duty Calls: The Calm Before the Storm is a CoD parody from the creators of Bulletstorm.

NoAssKicker47

Search is a pretty cool feature of the site

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"]

Super-Trooper

Search is a pretty cool feature of the site

Didn't find anything about it in the search, only a bunch of threads about COD

Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_nqhViIDN0

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Congratulations you are the 456.647.289th user who posted that on gamespot.
GuitarPAaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GuitarPAaron
Member since 2006 • 1368 Posts

How long is this game? It's an 8 gig file when installed lol

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

I udnerstand a lot of people here are gonna like this because theyre like "Yay! Pointlessly antagonizing stuff is cool! RUFFLE DEM FEATHERS!" or "HAHAH They made fun of call of doody"

but this is just lame.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

I udnerstand a lot of people here are gonna like this because theyre like "Yay! Pointlessly antagonizing stuff is cool! RUFFLE DEM FEATHERS!" or "HAHAH They made fun of call of doody"

but this is just lame.

mrbojangles25
It's not only making fun of call of duty, it is making fun of FPS games in general. CoD just happens to be the most popular. I thought it was pretty funny.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

but this is just lame.

SF_KiLLaMaN

It's not only making fun of call of duty, it is making fun of FPS games in general. CoD just happens to be the most popular. I thought it was pretty funny.

isn't that a little self-defeating, considering BUlletstorm is an FPS?

either way, I would notcall this publicity stunt making fun of FPS game in general; it was definately targeted at one specifice franchise, and one specific installment of that franchise as well.

I saw the humor, I even laughed a little, but this was pretty fracking dumb, like worse than Family Guy, and that is the bottom limit of where funny turns into stupid.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SF_KiLLaMaN

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"][QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

but this is just lame.

mrbojangles25

either way, I would notcall this publicity stunt making fun of FPS game in general; it was definately targeted at one specifice franchise, and one specific installment of that franchise as well.

I saw the humor, I even laughed a little, but this was pretty fracking dumb, like worse than Family Guy, and that is the bottom limit of where funny turns into stupid.

Part of the appeal is that it is self demeaning. It is a good thing to laugh at yourself once in a while. It shows that the developers have a sense of humor, and a lot of people can connect with this because usually developers are seen as these people locked in a room that make games and you never hear from them again unless they want to release a map pack for more money. It is nice to have developers who like to make jokes and what not. People can connect with the developers, and believe it or not, that helps sell games. Yes, it does look like it was just ripping on call of duty (mostly because of the name) but the other things they make fun of in the game are also found in other games besides call of duty.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

but the other things they make fun of in the game are also found in other games besides call of duty.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Including Bulletstorm.

Loved the thumbs up at the end.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SF_KiLLaMaN

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

but the other things they make fun of in the game are also found in other games besides call of duty.

Baranga

Including Bulletstorm.

Loved the thumbs up at the end.

exactly.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"][QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

but this is just lame.

mrbojangles25

You're overanalyzing it.

DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DudeNtheRoom
Member since 2010 • 1276 Posts
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

but this is just lame.

But, that video is actually funny....b/c it's true. I never can get into COD stories. It really is like "blah, blah, blah - secret base etc. etc."
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"] It's not only making fun of call of duty, it is making fun of FPS games in general. CoD just happens to be the most popular. I thought it was pretty funny.True_Sounds

You're overanalyzing it.

naw, I Just really hate any marketing associated with "Cliffy B"

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

Looks like call of duty

dangamit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dangamit
Member since 2010 • 664 Posts
wtf? They used a pic from the bad company 2 theme in the background?
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"] It's not only making fun of call of duty, it is making fun of FPS games in general. CoD just happens to be the most popular. I thought it was pretty funny.SF_KiLLaMaN

Part of the appeal is that it is self demeaning. It is a good thing to laugh at yourself once in a while. It shows that the developers have a sense of humor, and a lot of people can connect with this because usually developers are seen as these people locked in a room that make games and you never hear from them again unless they want to release a map pack for more money. It is nice to have developers who like to make jokes and what not. People can connect with the developers, and believe it or not, that helps sell games. Yes, it does look like it was just ripping on call of duty (mostly because of the name) but the other things they make fun of in the game are also found in other games besides call of duty.

Well put. I agree.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

What's funny about this is what my brother pointed out to me... they had time to make a parody game, but apparently a PC demo for Bulletstorm couldn't be done.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

What's funny about this is what my brother pointed out to me... they had time to make a parody game, but apparently a PC demo for Bulletstorm couldn't be done.

smokeydabear076

Yeah I was just thinking that. Odd, and kind of annoying, because if I buy Bulletstorm, it will be on PC, and I'd like to see how it works on here first.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_nqhViIDN0

Mr_BillGates
ROFL :LOL: ROFL :LOL ROFL :LOL: WTF IS THIS?!?!?!? I've loled so much I can't stop
ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts

I want a full fledged Duty Calls game! I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

Bulletstorm is probably going to be one of the weakest shooters of the year. The 360 demo was meh. Guess they need the extra publicity.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dakan45
It's not only making fun of call of duty, it is making fun of FPS games in general. CoD just happens to be the most popular. I thought it was pretty funny.SF_KiLLaMaN
To be honest when it was talking about story and generic secret base, we all count to you crap. All i could think was city interactive's fps. They all got a cheap ass story that is just an excuse to kill terrorists. When it showed the plenty ranks of sargeant, i could only think combat arms, it has like, 6 sargeant ranks or something.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dakan45

smokeydabear076
Wait a minute.... DAMN YOU CLIFFY B :( Also i played it on ps3 and during loadscreens it says this: "For playing the demo, you will receive UNIQUE bonus items in the full game" Damn it :( Might as well buy it for ps3.