This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gr0wl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Gr0wl
Member since 2009 • 311 Posts

I've decided to man up and play one of these :)

So I was wondering ... which one should I choose ? Which is better in terms of scare factor , graphics , gameplay , story , level design etc... ?

Thank you !

Nexustras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Nexustras
Member since 2005 • 568 Posts
dead space 1 first. you'll probably get lost with the story if you jump into ds2 right away. also, a lot of people seem to prefer the 1st one.
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

I was thinking Nintendo DS when I saw this title. You guys overuse abbreviations.

andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

I was thinking Nintendo DS when I saw this title. You guys overuse abbreviations.

Falconoffury

Agreed, I thought TC meant Dungeon Siege 1 or 2.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I've decided to man up and play one of these :)

So I was wondering ... which one should I choose ? Which is better in terms of scare factor , graphics , gameplay , story , level design etc... ?

Thank you !

Gr0wl

OBVIOUSLY play Part 1 first....so you get the story correct....

I still don't understand why people ask these questions.... why would you play Part 2 first if the first one is only a few years old?

Same with movies....

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

Dungeon Siege?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside

Dungeon Siege?

Darth_Kane
He said Scare Factor, so I think it's Dead Space....
SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#8 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts
I would DEFINITELY play both, but I would start with the first. As someone said in order to fully get the story (the "last time in Dead Space" video does pretty good, but not completely) you will want to play through the first installment.
ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
Both are a must play. BUT! DS1 HAS to be played with a gamepad because the mouse controls are horrible (this was fixed in DS2).
MrsBlunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrsBlunder
Member since 2011 • 126 Posts

I would DEFINITELY play both, but I would start with the first. As someone said in order to fully get the story (the "last time in Dead Space" video does pretty good, but not completely) you will want to play through the first installment. SerOlmy

Agreed. And actually, the "Last Time" video is extremely sketchy on some parts. Granted, it may also be an attempt from giving too much of a spoiler if you play the second one first.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Dead Space series is one of those games where you should play starting from the beginning. You'll be missing out on a great game.
SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#12 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts
Just a side note. If you buy Dead Space 1 I would highly recommend you a) either buy it on the 360 or PS3, or b) have a gamepad to play it on the PC. I bought it originally on the 360 and had all the preorder bonuses, but bought it on the PC on a recent Steam sale. The mouse controls were were not adjusted from the thumbstick references when they ported it to the PC so it is almost unplayable even under max sensitivity. The PC version is definitely inferior to the console version in this case.
giant11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 giant11
Member since 2003 • 760 Posts

I enjoyed DS1 more, but I'd recommend a newcomer to just go for DS2. The graphics are quite improved, as are the controls and their responsiveness. However, if you feel you have a lot of time, do go for DS1 as well, but don't forget to turn off V-Sync (and maybe also consider getting a 360 controller, too).

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside

I enjoyed DS1 more, but I'd recommend a newcomer to just go for DS2. The graphics are quite improved, as are the controls and their responsiveness. However, if you feel you have a lot of time, do go for DS1 as well, but don't forget to turn off V-Sync (and maybe also consider getting a 360 controller, too).

giant11
Newcomer to just go DS2? But the story dude...
giant11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 giant11
Member since 2003 • 760 Posts

It's true and I thought about this a bit. But consider that there is a gap of story between DS 1 & DS 2 missing. And frankly, DS2 raised a lot more questions than it answered, unlike DS1.

I will agree that DS1 feels way more unique, perhaps because of the story and the way its introduced - piece by piece. And Isaac never speaks, too. All the more intense.

Really, now I don't know what to think, after you brought this up. I tried DS1 (already beat once) after completing DS2, and DS1 felt lackluster in several ways. Certainly not the story, though.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside

It's true and I thought about this a bit. But consider that there is a gap of story between DS 1 & DS 2 missing. And frankly, DS2 raised a lot more questions than it answered, unlike DS1.

I will agree that DS1 feels way more unique, perhaps because of the story and the way its introduced - piece by piece. And Isaac never speaks, too. All the more intense.

Really, now I don't know what to think, after you brought this up. I tried DS1 (already beat once) after completing DS2, and DS1 felt lackluster in several ways. Certainly not the story, though.

giant11
Well with most games it's like that....they of course improve on the sequel. The BEST way to play the series is: - Watch the Movie (Downfall) - Play Dead Space 1 - Watch the Movie (Aftermath) - Play Dead Space 2
Gr0wl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gr0wl
Member since 2009 • 311 Posts

Thank you very much guys !