Driver San Francisco Deluxe $1 on Uplay today only

This topic is locked from further discussion.

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#1 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_CA/pd/productID.232373000/sac.true

It's to promo their new steam-like uplay app. There may or may not be a thread on gamespot already about this weekend deal, but I ended up finding it elsewhere even though I browse here the most. It's the last day of the sale, previous sales included Hawx2 and From Dust for $1 as well.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I missed the From Dust sale the other day. I was really bummed out about that.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Buy it, buy it and buy it again. This by far is some of the most fun i have had in a racing game in a long time

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

Buy it, buy it and buy it again. This by far is some of the most fun i have had in a racing game in a long time

James161324
Ya, downloading it right now.

Word of warning though, when you buy the game it won't appear immediately on your Uplay account. You might need to wait 30 minutes to a hour for the game to appear.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
Oh that's convenient, I just signed up for Uplay yesterday for GRO. Thanks!
Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. You can't activate it on Steam unfortunately, but for only $1, you can't beat it.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. You can't activate it on Steam unfortunately, but for only $1, you can't beat it.

dog64

Doesn't matter you still would have to launch uplay to play it anyway

Jetsfan122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jetsfan122
Member since 2011 • 124 Posts

I downloaded it . You cant go wrong for a buck.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

Uplay seems really good, if they keep doing sales like these, I can see myself using it quite often.

ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
Thanks man! Driver San Francisco was the best racer released last year.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

I downloaded it . You cant go wrong for a buck.

Jetsfan122

With HAWX 2, you can; a piece of chewing gum can keep you entertained longer.

ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts

For $1, not bad. But I doubt I'll use this service anymore after this with this ugly thing in the way:

"What is the Extended Download Service (EDS)? EDS essentially allows you to download your purchase again for up to two (2) years, in the event your computer crashes or the downloaded file becomes damaged or corrupt. It can be thought of as an insurance policy in case anything goes wrong with your computer or the downloaded product. When you have downloadable items in your order, you will see a link to add EDS to your order on the shopping cart page or the checkout page. Upon payment of the specified fee, Digital River, Inc. ("DR") agrees to provide you (the "End User") a service that enables the End User to make multiple downloads of digital computer software products (a "Product" or "Products") purchased in a single order (an "Order") and downloaded from this Web site (the "Site") for a period of two (2) years after the date the End User purchases the Product (the "Service")."

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#13 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

James161324

I've only played like an hour, but it seems like there's more cutscenes than gameplay. Hoping it gets better.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

For $1, not bad. But I doubt I'll use this service anymore after this with this ugly thing in the way:

"What is the Extended Download Service (EDS)? EDS essentially allows you to download your purchase again for up to two (2) years, in the event your computer crashes or the downloaded file becomes damaged or corrupt. It can be thought of as an insurance policy in case anything goes wrong with your computer or the downloaded product. When you have downloadable items in your order, you will see a link to add EDS to your order on the shopping cart page or the checkout page. Upon payment of the specified fee, Digital River, Inc. ("DR") agrees to provide you (the "End User") a service that enables the End User to make multiple downloads of digital computer software products (a "Product" or "Products") purchased in a single order (an "Order") and downloaded from this Web site (the "Site") for a period of two (2) years after the date the End User purchases the Product (the "Service")."

ssvegeta555
I saw that too after buying it, and thought "WTF is this ****?"... then I just said meh, regular crap that they usually pull....
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#15 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Great deal. But 275K/sec download speeds? Blech.
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#16 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Great deal. But 275K/sec download speeds? Blech.DJ_Lae
I was getting around 1mb/s usually, must be bad timing or something.

INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts

ssvegeta555

What is this I don't even

Why can't they just let us activate it on Steam? Well, I guess so they can sell an insurance policy for a digitally distributed game.... I think they've hit a new low.

agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

[QUOTE="James161324"]

cain006

I've only played like an hour, but it seems like there's more cutscenes than gameplay. Hoping it gets better.

There is a lot fewer cutscenes after the prolouge and 1st chapter.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts

[QUOTE="ssvegeta555"]

INF1DEL

What is this I don't even

Why can't they just let us activate it on Steam? Well, I guess so they can sell an insurance policy for a digitally distributed game.... I think they've hit a new low.

Yeah I got gifted AC and AC2 on Uplay and I can't DL their file downloaders anymore from Digital River.. I still have the file downloader for AC2 and it works to redownload the game, so make sure at the very least you keep that .exe. Not sure if they still work like this, I avoid Uplay.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

Why can't they just let us activate it on Steam?

INF1DEL

It's a dollar so they can get people to use THEIR service, not so they can give steam more customers. You don't like it? Then wait for an inevitable 75% steam discount instead of this 97% discount which to me is worth the extra bit of hassle.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
Out of interest, from those who did buy the game, have you been able to connect to the Ubisoft servers in game? I am trying to connect to the multiplayer but to no avail.
INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 INF1DEL

[QUOTE="INF1DEL"]

Why can't they just let us activate it on Steam?

True_Sounds

It's a dollar so they can get people to use THEIR service, not so they can give steam more customers. You don't like it? Then wait for an inevitable 75% steam discount instead of this 97% discount which to me is worth the extra bit of hassle.

And they expect us to use their service when we have to pay extra for an insurance policy to be able to redownload the games we buy? No... this is the only dollar they will get from me.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

You WILL be able to download the game anytime, anywhere for free.

The new Uplay client is not the old UbiShop.
You can see for yourself here. UbiShop gives you the installer, GamersGate style, and has a 30 days download limit. UPlay is like Origin and Steam, with no limits.

If you bought the game on UbiShop, add the key to UPlay and you'll have a UPlay copy.

INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 INF1DEL

You WILL be able to download the game anytime, anywhere for free.

The new Uplay client is not the old UbiShop.
You can see for yourself here. UbiShop gives you the installer, GamersGate style, and has a 30 days download limit. UPlay is like Origin and Steam, with no limits.

If you bought the game on UbiShop, add the key to UPlay and you'll have a UPlay copy.

Baranga

OK, that makes more sense. Now if I can just figure out why the installer won't open...

Edit: Finally worked on about the 5th try. After waiting 5 minutes for it to unpack the files each time. -_-