Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By renzhen
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

Hello,

I am seeking some buying information about drawing tablets and pens. I would like to purchase an entry level wireless/wifi/Bluetooth (any variety of wireless is fine) drawing tablet and pen. I totally want the pen to have an eraser end which I have done some initial research and found out not all pens for drawing pads/tablets have an eraser end. I am not nor ever will be an artist or using this for business – it will only be for personal/hobby use.

I plan on using it with basic programs like photo shop and maybe down the road illustrator if I can get comfortable enough with the programs. I want something inexpensive but again really want it to be wireless and the eraser end functionality is a must have. I would like to pay as far under $200 as possible. The research I have done has shown that the ones at a price point under $100 lack the eraser end is barely available (haven’t found one yet) and the wireless factor is available but not with a whole bunch of variety in models available. Important note is that I will be using it with a Windows 10 laptop.

My friend recommended me a XP-PEN Star05 https://www.amazon.com/Star05-Wireless-Graphics-Painting-Battery-free/dp/B01MAZ5FDL ,does anyone know this brand .

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Should be fine, I use the Huion Q11k. XP pen tablets in general are pretty good, so are Huion.

Eraser shouldn't be a problem, I personally use a 10keyless wireless keyboard and just have my left hand on the keyboard and my right hand on the tablet. That way you can use all the shortcuts of your keyboard while drawing/painting. I think it's a very good idea to do this as it will speed up your work flow a lot.

You will get used to having no eraser. I believe the only screenless tablets with an eraser are Wacoms. Flipping your pen over to erase will slow you down, I don't recommend it.

The cheapest Wacom tablet with an eraser I believe is the CTH480, it's discontinued so you'll have to look on something like ebay.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@renzhen: Moved to Hardware forum

Based from what I know excellent drawing tablets are Ipads and Microsoft Surface (although not a tablet but can be used as one)

You can check out this list as well: https://www.creativebloq.com/features/best-drawing-tablet, and check out top 5 sites that you get from searching "best drawing tablet" on Google.

The same tablets show up on all of those sites including XP-PEN that you've been suggested.