DRAM LED Flashes Red Once On Bootup

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

So I've rebuilt my PC in a new case with a new R9 290 and when I turn it on the DRAM LED flashes red once goes through the BIOS and then I get a flashing cursor where it hangs infinitely.

I've tested to make sure the RAM is seated correctly. My PC was working fine before I disassembled it. Only thing different is the GPU. Any thoughts? Very frustrating as I wanna try out the new GPU :(

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Cwagmire21 said:

So I've rebuilt my PC in a new case with a new R9 290 and when I turn it on the DRAM LED flashes red once goes through the BIOS and then I get a flashing cursor where it hangs infinitely.

I've tested to make sure the RAM is seated correctly. My PC was working fine before I disassembled it. Only thing different is the GPU. Any thoughts? Very frustrating as I wanna try out the new GPU :(

That's really weird thing to hear, specially when all you did is to replace the case.

Try reseting the MOBO (remove the little battery for 30min)

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

@Cwagmire21 said:

That's really weird thing to hear, specially when all you did is to replace the case.

Try reseting the MOBO (remove the little battery for 30min)

So I tried messing with the boot settings. For whatever reason, my PC did not want to cooperate with it booting to the CD drive as first option. So for now, I've bypassed that and had the HDD drive be the first option and it works flawlessly now.

I guess if I ever have issues in the future and need to boot from CD, I'll just have to change it back.

Anyways - I'm glad I finally have this resolved! Thanks!

awi5951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 awi5951
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

@Cwagmire21: Ok download memtest 86 on to a flash drive extract it. Then reset your computer choose that flash drive as your boot option then Memtest will run and tell you if you memory is bad.