This topic is locked from further discussion.

shert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shert
Member since 2008 • 561 Posts

Has bioware announced a Dragon age 2 in the works? Are they planning to make a sequel? I really hope so and if they do I really want it to continue off this story and not just start a brand new story with completley different characters, I mean don't get me wrong, some new characters would be great but they should keep many of the old ones.

Well I'm getting ahead of myself, what I really want to know is if there planning on making a sequel?

pecanin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 pecanin
Member since 2008 • 863 Posts

Has bioware announced a Dragon age 2 in the works? Are they planning to make a sequel? I really hope so and if they do I really want it to continue off this story and not just start a brand new story with completley different characters, I mean don't get me wrong, some new characters would be great but they should keep many of the old ones.

Well I'm getting ahead of myself, what I really want to know is if there planning on making a sequel?

shert

Yeah ,one of their Execs even said something about keeping your save from first game so you can continue story :D

MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MadCat46
Member since 2004 • 1494 Posts

[QUOTE="shert"]

pecanin

Yeah ,one of their Execs even said something about keeping your save from first game so you can continue story :D

Eh? Where did you see that?

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts

[QUOTE="pecanin"]

[QUOTE="shert"]

MadCat46

Well if there was a sequel that would have to be the case, there's so many different endings possible.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

That's Mass Effect 2, they said nothing about Dragon Age and saves and no they didn't say anything about a sequel.

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

Bioware plans on a Dragon Age 2 of some sort, they have set too much in motion with Origins to simply let it go. They also mentioned we still haven't seen everything from some characters, so unless they plan to release a truckload of expansions and DLCs a sequel is highly likely to happen.

NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts

Well maybe they're planning for a sequel or a DLC. I'm not sure.

dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

One of the endings suggests that the story could go on. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it will be announced next year.

pecanin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pecanin

[QUOTE="pecanin"]

[QUOTE="shert"]

MadCat46

Here http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2009/10/09/keep-your-save-game-for-dragon-age-2/
chapman86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 chapman86
Member since 2004 • 583 Posts

I heard Bioware spent 3-4 years making Dragon Age Origin, if Dragon Age 2 should come, it will be on 2012-2013. defintely not any time soon.

ironman388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ironman388
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

I heard Bioware spent 3-4 years making Dragon Age Origin, if Dragon Age 2 should come, it will be on 2012-2013. defintely not any time soon.

chapman86

i think part of that time was used to make a new engine. they wouldnt make another engine for DA2, so i suspect it would take a 1-2 years

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#12 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
Its not surprising there will be a Dragon Age 2. If anyone were to look at the in game map, you will notice other territories that arent yet seen. The devs got smart and to give themselves plenty of room to expand the lore. My hope for Dragon Age 2 is to expand the actual meaning to the title by making a story line that is heavily influenced by dragons.
Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#13 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

chapman86
its going to be easier for Bioware to make Dragon Age 2, since all they need to do is recycle most of the textures and movements from all the characters. Plus they might have already started working on the sequel months before Dragon Age was released so that way they can put it out within two years.
XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
I think we will see Dragon Age 2 in the future. They really wanted to depart from the traditional DnD stuff to make their own IP. This is their baby, and it makes sense for them to expand on what they created. The setting still has potential areas to explore as far as a sequel goes, so I'm certain it'll happen.
MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MadCat46

[QUOTE="MadCat46"]

[QUOTE="pecanin"]

pecanin

Here http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2009/10/09/keep-your-save-game-for-dragon-age-2/

Thank you much, hadn't seen that before. Good to know as the talk over at the Bioware forums is that they may use canon endings for a sequel si this is a bit of nice news, though rather old.

As for Dragon Age taking so long. Remember not only did they build a design an egine from scratch but they also had to sit back and create the lore for the entire universe, and once those two major tasks were complete build and write the game. Aside from an upgrade to the engine all there aren't any additional tasks needed to be done for the sequel aside from write the story and develop it. They have 2 years of DLC planned so I can see a sequel being dropped in 2 years, which is about as long as ME 2 took.

pecanin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pecanin

[QUOTE="pecanin"][QUOTE="MadCat46"] Eh? Where did you see that?

MadCat46

Thank you much, hadn't seen that before. Good to know as the talk over at the Bioware forums is that they may use canon endings for a sequel si this is a bit of nice news, though rather old.

As for Dragon Age taking so long. Remember not only did they build a design an egine from scratch but they also had to sit back and create the lore for the entire universe, and once those two major tasks were complete build and write the game. Aside from an upgrade to the engine all there aren't any additional tasks needed to be done for the sequel aside from write the story and develop it. They have 2 years of DLC planned so I can see a sequel being dropped in 2 years, which is about as long as ME 2 took.

Actually they are going to re-use engine and some levels(maps) as it is continuing story,it can be done much faster than original they will announce start of work some time next year along with few add on packs for original
kimkim01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kimkim01
Member since 2009 • 704 Posts

I want to see Orleis. And all those french-accented women. And a Grey Warden whose level of badassery is equal to Riordan's.

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mograine

And a Grey Warden whose level of badassery is equal to Riordan's.

kimkim01

No wait. That's just wrong :P

kimkim01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kimkim01

[QUOTE="kimkim01"]

And a Grey Warden whose level of badassery is equal to Riordan's.

Mograine

No wait. That's just wrong :P

Dual wielding badassery is never wrong! =D

savetehhaloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#20 savetehhaloz
Member since 2007 • 2373 Posts
There will be a Dragon Age 2. Do you think the devs are going to let a great game go without a sequel? such is the videogame industry
gussu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gussu
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I would love to see a Dragon Age 2 but it would be better if they put as much effort into the sequel as they did in this and dont compromise the story to rush the release, also it should not be shallow by any means and worthy of the predecessor.

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mograine

Dual wielding badassery is never wrong! =D

kimkim01

You don't need Riordan for that.

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#23 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

Well, i just finished the game literally about 2 minutes ago and I can say that from my ending, there will be a sequel. I saved my save because I have a feeling since it's a bioware game, my save will continue on.

narf101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 narf101
Member since 2003 • 1091 Posts

I thought I read somewhere that Bioware was planning on turing Dragon Age into a trilogy or something. I mean just look at the name "origins" they obviously intended this to the the first part of a series.

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#25 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

I thought I read somewhere that Bioware was planning on turing Dragon Age into a trilogy or something. I mean just look at the name "origins" they obviously intended this to the the first part of a series.

narf101
So i guess we can all basically say that Dragon Age 2 is coming out. Now, the question is when.
Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mograine

narf101

Mass Effect is a trilogy, afaik.

Dragon Age has a lot of potential. I find it hard to believe they would stop at three games, and surely hope it's not so. They have started a huge world, after all.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Of course there will be a sequel, perhaps a trilogy.

Reason: Bioware went to great lengths to mastermind not only a Character Creator, but an uber-Toolkit completely unique: the first that allows you to engineer your own cinematics.

They are not about to let this game go for a while yet.:P

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

At the rate I have been going, I still will not have completed DAO before the next one comes out. Extremely time consuming. Gameplay content-wise, it really doesn't cover that much territory, but all the dialogue and the pause and play make it so long.

MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MadCat46

[QUOTE="narf101"]

Mograine

Mass Effect is a trilogy, afaik.

Dragon Age has a lot of potential. I find it hard to believe they would stop at three games, and surely hope it's not so. They have started a huge world, after all.

Agree, there is no reason to stop this at three games. This is their own universe they created from scratch, so long as they can keep it fresh and interesting there isn't any reason for them to stop. Mass Effect is more the story of Commander Shepard, Dragon Age seems more a story about the world of Thedas then that of any true individual, meaning it can continue on indefintly, or at least until it becomes stale and ideas run out, though Gaider is a talented individual so that could be a while.
Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
Oh I'm sure they are working on DA2 game they just won't tell us lol.
dont-read-this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dont-read-this
Member since 2009 • 825 Posts
They changed the name from Dragon Age to Dragon Age: Origins during development, they explained that this was going to be the first game in the Dragon Age saga.
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
They changed the name from Dragon Age to Dragon Age: Origins during development, they explained that this was going to be the first game in the Dragon Age saga.dont-read-this
Seriously? Where did you read that my friend?
kimkim01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kimkim01

I think it's safe to assume a trilogy, in various codex entries in the game I seem to remember reading that there have been 4 Blights in total before the one in the game, and there used to be seven old gods. That leaves three more, one of which is in the Origins game.

BUT, I would like to see the next Dragon Age as a game set in a more peaceful time (well, as peaceful as the continent can get haha), something like a personal storyline i.e. Planescape Torment, and not another "Stop the Blight" type of story. We could still have Darkspawn but the emissaries would be missing since there's no Blight (YES!!!) and they can prominently feature other things like the Orlesian armies and such. Maybe a Maleficar-centric story?

Zeran_kariashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 Zeran_kariashi
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
"And remember, the adventure doesn't have to end just because you've finished the Throne of Bhaal, Neverwinter Nights will allow you to export your characters to continue your epic adventures" - Loading screen from BG2 Throne of Bhaal. Not the first time Bioware/Black isle has promised to allow you to use a character from a previous game. That aside, they really need to concentrate on working more content for this game before they bother with a sequel, it's way too short for it's price, and that 1 week 1/2 price drop before christmas doesn't cut it, heck I had to pay the original 50 bucks, and it's just not worth that much...and since it's computer software, no refunds, so they better get cracking. New races, more classes, new origins, alot more side quests, FOR FREE, screw that payment garbage, I could buy 150-250 hours worth of play in other game titles for what all the currently avaiable DLC costs, and they only add a grand total of maybe 3-4 hours to the game experience.
MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MadCat46

Well Gaider has said a few times over at the offical forums that once this story is wrapped up the blight wouldn't be the center focus of anymore stories, they wouldn't want to keep rehashing the same general villians and plots. So this blight is, I'm assuming, the last we'll see for a while.

Zeran, you are a terrible troll man. I mean, you're not even really trying hard there. Go back, create a new account, and try again.