Don't buy Day One: Garry's Incident! Here's why:

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by klusps (10386 posts) -

If you're considering buying the game Day One: Garry's Incident, then don't! Long story short, these developers are abusing the copyright infringement claims on Youtube and taking down any videos that negatively criticize their game. Total Biscuit's video has recently been removed from Youtube and he just uploaded another video explaining the incident. I encourage you go and watch his video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfgoDDh4kE0

The official forums and Steam forums are going crazy right now; the devs are deleting any posts that criticize them, even on Facebook. There is even a petition on change.org to request Valve to remove Day One: Garry's Incident from Steam. LOL

Can't imagine how Wild Games Studio will rebound from this.

#2 Edited by R4gn4r0k (27137 posts) -

That's disgraceful. They deserve all the hate they are getting for this. Censoring bad reviews, what a lame move.

#3 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5881 posts) -

Such a stupid move. If they hadn't done all this censorship they'd just be another developer of a shitty green light game, perfectly capable of future successes. Now they've tarnished their brand beyond all hope I'd imagine.

#4 Posted by C_Rule (9816 posts) -

Pretty damn funny.

An attempt to bury a bad review of their game has resulted in a 0.5 (and still falling) score on Metacritic).

#5 Edited by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

Even if you remove the ethics of censoring criticism, it makes no sense to go after one of the bigger YouTube personalities. Did they really think he wouldn't retaliate? Any damage Totalbiscuit's original WTF had done to their image is dwarfed by the controversy of them censoring his original video and now several gaming news organizations have picked up the story. The game has pretty much been blacklisted by significant amount of gamers on the Internet now. The developers just made their situation a heck lot worse.

#6 Posted by DJ_Headshot (6427 posts) -

Don't they realize by trying to censor reviews they only brought more negative attention to them selves.

#7 Posted by PredatorRules (11994 posts) -

I've seen worse games but still that doesn't make me wanna go play it again, I've played it for a 15 min and erased it

#8 Posted by INF1DEL (2083 posts) -

Thanks for sharing. Everyone should know when things like this happen. Bury the game and developer under a flood of low scores the same way they're trying to bury criticism.

#9 Posted by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

This needs to be watched by everyone..

#11 Edited by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

They really think they could stop the internet? Word of mouth spreads like wildfire.

#12 Posted by soolkiki (1783 posts) -

It was a crappy game anyway. Glad that they are getting so much flack for doing this.

#13 Posted by marcthpro (7927 posts) -

and it not like steam gonna close it for being preventing negative review or metacritic it will be just like a Bad Case of Infestation Survivor Story I certainly won't support a studio that behave like this even if it was 90% OFF i wonder what could they do at this point for redeem there sin and make us change our idea ? probably nothing... Game over :D

#14 Posted by R4gn4r0k (27137 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

I've seen worse games but still that doesn't make me wanna go play it again, I've played it for a 15 min and erased it

You can't erase it. It'll be on your steam list for all of eternity :'(