Does The Witcher get better?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

I played about two hours of it and I think it's kind of mediocre. Does it get better?

Also, I think I'm going to spend years of my life bashing this franchise and annoying people because I didn't like two hours.

Just kidding :P, , haha.

So, does it?

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

Yes it gets better. Give it awhile.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

It gets better after ten hours and a dumb boss fight. Have fun running in circles in the first area.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

Bored, are you?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Yes, it gets much better. Sadly, The Witcher 2 just got worse, and worse.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GeneralShowzer

Bored, are you?

SkyWard20
From the first two hours, so far.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GeneralShowzer
Yes, it gets much better. Sadly, The Witcher 2 just got worse, and worse. millerlight89
Aw common, the graphics are better and the combat is better. Why would you say that.
jobano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jobano
Member since 2003 • 5476 Posts

It does get a LOT better. By the way, some of the UI and alchemy stuff is a bit wonky, and the textures are a bit dated by now, so if you head down to http://www.moddb.com/games/the-witcherthere are a few fixes that make the game more enjoyable. The texture mods in particular make everything stand out extremely well and give it a more modern look, if your PC can handle it. Aside from that there are a few revamps and an Alchemy mod that is quite good.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SkyWard20
[QUOTE="SkyWard20"]

Bored, are you?

GeneralShowzer
From the first two hours, so far.

Gotta play Marvel vs. Capcom on my PS3 to cool down. It's what I do.
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SkyWard20

It does get a LOT better. By the way, some of the UI and alchemy stuff is a bit wonky, and the textures are a bit dated by now, so if you head down to http://www.moddb.com/games/the-witcherthere are a few fixes that make the game more enjoyable. The texture mods in particular make everything stand out extremely well and give it a more modern look, if your PC can handle it.

jobano

Of course my PC can handle it. I'm rich, after all. I've spent 1500$ on my PC though, only to go back to my PS3 and Marvel vs. Capcom to play it casually.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="jobano"]

It does get a LOT better. By the way, some of the UI and alchemy stuff is a bit wonky, and the textures are a bit dated by now, so if you head down to http://www.moddb.com/games/the-witcherthere are a few fixes that make the game more enjoyable. The texture mods in particular make everything stand out extremely well and give it a more modern look, if your PC can handle it.

SkyWard20

Of course my PC can handle it. I'm rich, after all. I've spent 1500$ on my PC though, only to go back to my PS3 and Marvel vs. Capcom to play it casually.

Must be nice owning a nice PC and multiple platforms and not being stuck on an old 8800 GT like me :( Really need to get a job one of these days instead of watching anime, haha :P.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Yes, it gets much better. Sadly, The Witcher 2 just got worse, and worse. millerlight89

This, witcher 2 was so fun at first, then it just went down hill.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SkyWard20
[QUOTE="SkyWard20"]

[QUOTE="jobano"]

GeneralShowzer

Must be nice owning a nice PC and multiple platforms and not being stuck on an old 8800 GT like me :( Really need to get a job one of these days instead of watching anime, haha :P.

I know what you mean. I try to take my PC apart and sell it every time something inconveniences me. Unfortunately I'm a minor so I can't earn much. Gotta whine to my parents so I can have something to brag about on Gamespot.
Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts

The tutorial and first section is god awful. But after you enter the main city it picks up from there.

jobano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jobano
Member since 2003 • 5476 Posts

[QUOTE="jobano"]

SkyWard20

Sweet, I also have a good rig. We should get together sometime on my yacht, put our machines together, and start our own space program. BTW I found the gameplay in Witcher to be not-so-phenomenal but the game is a lot of fun nonetheless, and it sucks you in after a point. I always play games on the hardest difficulty to start but on my third or fourth witcher playthrough I found it was actually a lot more fun andless painful just setting it to Easy and blasting through for the lulz. Alchemy and combat are the worst parts of Witcher 1 (even though its somehow still a good game) so get rid of that crap and you're left with something that'll take as long as it should, and not excessively padded with flowercollection and clickathoning. My advice is to blast through it, keep your save file, and hop over to Witcher 2. There are some neat things it does carry over even though its not as well done as some other games.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="SkyWard20"]

SkyWard20

I know what you mean. I try to take my PC apart and sell it every time something inconveniences me. Unfortunately I'm a minor so I can't earn much. Gotta whine to my parents so I can have something to brag about on Gamespot.

Oh wow, really? Lucky my parents didn't spoil me, and only buy me what I earn trough hard work at school.

I'm not a minor myself 18 years old and guaranteed government sponsorship for college...Bright future ahead.

That working out for you?

But for the meantime I'm just going to judge everyone that have a better PC than me, while I die out of jealosy :P

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 millerlight89

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Yes, it gets much better. Sadly, The Witcher 2 just got worse, and worse. GeneralShowzer
Aw common, the graphics are better and the combat is better. Why would you say that.

Easy, the game got worse and worse as it went on. Pathetic number of side quests, then let's not forget act 3. What a pile of **** that was. Never in my life have a I seen so much lameness thrown in at the last minute. Act 3 is super boring, short as hell, terrible boss fight, and one god awful ending. I truly have no idea what they were thinking, other than **** this Act, let's finish the game and make monies." Highly disappointed in that game. I had to replay the first to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="millerlight89"]Yes, it gets much better. Sadly, The Witcher 2 just got worse, and worse. millerlight89

Easy, the game got worse and worse as it went on. Pathetic number of side quests, then let's not forget act 3. What a pile of **** that was. Never in my life have a I seen so much lameness thrown in at the last minute. Act 3 is super boring, short as hell, terrible boss fight, and one god awful ending. I truly have no idea what they were thinking, other than **** this Act, let's finish the game and make monies." Highly disappointed in that game. I had to replay the first to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

They have already said there would be expansion DLC, hench the bad ending and Act 3, the Boss fight was pointless in every-way and served no purpose to the story, there no reason to kill the guy at the end.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 millerlight89
[QUOTE="millerlight89"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] Aw common, the graphics are better and the combat is better. Why would you say that.Brean24

They have already said there would be expansion DLC, hench the bad ending and Act 3, the Boss fight was pointless in every-way and served no purpose to the story, there no reason to kill the guy at the end.

IDK why you guys jump on the "OH there is da DLC" bandwagon. Who cares? Doesn't excuse a crappy ending to the main game. Yes, I just said the boss fight sucked. Crappy act is a crappy act. All there is to it I'm afraid.
Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts

[QUOTE="Brean24"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] Easy, the game got worse and worse as it went on. Pathetic number of side quests, then let's not forget act 3. What a pile of **** that was. Never in my life have a I seen so much lameness thrown in at the last minute. Act 3 is super boring, short as hell, terrible boss fight, and one god awful ending. I truly have no idea what they were thinking, other than **** this Act, let's finish the game and make monies." Highly disappointed in that game. I had to replay the first to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

millerlight89

IDK why you guys jump on the "OH there is da DLC" bandwagon. Who cares? Doesn't excuse a crappy ending to the main game. Yes, I just said the boss fight sucked. Crappy act is a crappy act. All there is to it I'm afraid.

Yes it does, the ending sets up the game for expansions, its a crappy ending because it isn't a ending. and again why did you do the boss fight in the first place?

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
The Witcher 2 is much better than The Witcher. The combat is better, though not particularly great. The sidequests are much, much better. In 2, it's like "Hey you guy! Go into the woods and destroy those monster's nests." Whereas in the first one it was all like "Hey white-haired one! Go through that village, cross the field, go into the woods to talk to the hermit, and then come back." I think I like the character development from the first one better, but everything else was better in the sequel. As for if it gets better, it picks up in Act 2, but this is a very slow game most of the time.
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] Aw common, the graphics are better and the combat is better. Why would you say that.Brean24

The bossfight was optional. It wasn't tacked on because you have a strong reason to fight the guy or leave him alone. He caused you no end of grief and killing him is arguably for the better good and falls in line with Roche's path. If you spare him it shows you don't care about that sort of thing and just wanted to clear your name and get answers which falls in line with the Elfs path.

The biggest flaw that the game has is the 'middle of a trilogy syndrome'. Now I don't know how many Witcher games there will be but they are setting up for something.

The first game established the world and focused strongly on the characters that you can relate to throughout with some details on the problems in the world. The second one ditched the character heavy approach and went for something more epic feeling. It payed off because we see more of the world and get a sense of the bigger problems. The issue here is that the characters were well developed but they felt less important then the mechanical workings of the world that CD Projekt wanted to show us.

The sequel will probably be a more personal story focusing on Geralt, Trish, and Yennefer. Sure Nilfgaard will play a part but I don't think the next game will have the epic scale that this one does. The setting up is done and they can spend the entire next game focusing on the characters and plotlines like the Wild Hunt.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]The Witcher 2 is much better than The Witcher. The combat is better, though not particularly great. The sidequests are much, much better. In 2, it's like "Hey you guy! Go into the woods and destroy those monster's nests." Whereas in the first one it was all like "Hey white-haired one! Go through that village, cross the field, go into the woods to talk to the hermit, and then come back." I think I like the character development from the first one better, but everything else was better in the sequel. As for if it gets better, it picks up in Act 2, but this is a very slow game most of the time.

How is combat in Witcher 1 worse, when if you put some silver talents into Fast Steel, by the time you get to Murky Waters, you can wipe out 5 wolves in one round? Put some talents into Aard, you can stun and one-hit kill. Here's the biggie - WASD sucks for fistfighting. I'm replaying Witcher 1 right now, and I love having fistfighting bound to the mouse instead of the keyboard. WASD is lame as hell.:roll:
fred1266

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fred1266
Member since 2007 • 991 Posts

I played about two hours of it and I think it's kind of mediocre. Does it get better?

Also, I think I'm going to spend years of my life bashing this franchise and annoying people because I didn't like two hours.

Just kidding :P, , haha.

So, does it?

GeneralShowzer

hello yea, this is my forth playthrough

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Yes, it gets much better. Sadly, The Witcher 2 just got worse, and worse. James161324

Awww dont say that. Im halfway through Vergen and loving the game :(
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
[QUOTE="topsemag55"][QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]The Witcher 2 is much better than The Witcher. The combat is better, though not particularly great. The sidequests are much, much better. In 2, it's like "Hey you guy! Go into the woods and destroy those monster's nests." Whereas in the first one it was all like "Hey white-haired one! Go through that village, cross the field, go into the woods to talk to the hermit, and then come back." I think I like the character development from the first one better, but everything else was better in the sequel. As for if it gets better, it picks up in Act 2, but this is a very slow game most of the time.

How is combat in Witcher 1 worse, when if you put some silver talents into Fast Steel, by the time you get to Murky Waters, you can wipe out 5 wolves in one round? Put some talents into Aard, you can stun and one-hit kill. Here's the biggie - WASD sucks for fistfighting. I'm replaying Witcher 1 right now, and I love having fistfighting bound to the mouse instead of the keyboard. WASD is lame as hell.:roll:

I found the WSD fist fights extremely easy to the point where I never took a hit.
sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Yeah I'm bored with the game, never found the graphics to be that impressive (only when FOV is in the scene) and thought the combat is extremely broken, also hate how things arnt explained, be nice to have you spells in English so I actually know what they do. I had fun playing but its not the masterpeice everyone says it is.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Picks up after the first act.
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

I'm of a similar opinion as others in this thread. I felt TW1 got better as the story progressed. TW2 starts off with a bang, but becomes less interesting as the game progresses. The first and second chapters are really good, but the third just seems to taper off into crap.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
[QUOTE="topsemag55"][QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]The Witcher 2 is much better than The Witcher. The combat is better, though not particularly great. The sidequests are much, much better. In 2, it's like "Hey you guy! Go into the woods and destroy those monster's nests." Whereas in the first one it was all like "Hey white-haired one! Go through that village, cross the field, go into the woods to talk to the hermit, and then come back." I think I like the character development from the first one better, but everything else was better in the sequel. As for if it gets better, it picks up in Act 2, but this is a very slow game most of the time.

It's worse in that it is too easy. There is barely any strategy required as long as you can distinguish when an icon is glowing or not. The only thing I don't like about TW2's combat is during boss fights with weak points and QTEs like the Kraken. Well that and the somewhat inconsistent targeting. Also, there was at least once when I was dropped into a big fight without being able to down any potions which I didn't care for. As for the QTE for fistfighting, I felt like they were about even across both games. I mean, what's really the big difference between playing a QTE that requires keyboard presses or a QTE that requires mouse presses. I did turn off the difficult QTEs.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 topsemag55
[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"][QUOTE="topsemag55"][QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]The Witcher 2 is much better than The Witcher. The combat is better, though not particularly great. The sidequests are much, much better. In 2, it's like "Hey you guy! Go into the woods and destroy those monster's nests." Whereas in the first one it was all like "Hey white-haired one! Go through that village, cross the field, go into the woods to talk to the hermit, and then come back." I think I like the character development from the first one better, but everything else was better in the sequel. As for if it gets better, it picks up in Act 2, but this is a very slow game most of the time.

It's worse in that it is too easy. There is barely any strategy required as long as you can distinguish when an icon is glowing or not. The only thing I don't like about TW2's combat is during boss fights with weak points and QTEs like the Kraken. Well that and the somewhat inconsistent targeting. Also, there was at least once when I was dropped into a big fight without being able to down any potions which I didn't care for. As for the QTE for fistfighting, I felt like they were about even across both games. I mean, what's really the big difference between playing a QTE that requires keyboard presses or a QTE that requires mouse presses. I did turn off the difficult QTEs.

That's another thing I liked about the first game, that you could drink a potion even in mid-battle. Not so with TW2. All of a sudden Geralt forgets how to drink a potion in the sequel.:lol:
VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Yes, it gets much better. Sadly, The Witcher 2 just got worse, and worse. James161324

Yup. Heck, even starting out, TW2's is already worse due to its crap console based design.

Far as TW1, it starts out slow and kind of dull. But the story picks up and when you start getting some abilities gameplay becomes great fun.

NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts
Yes. The Witcher is boring as hell especially in Chapter 2. Witcher 2 is way better even combat.
sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

[QUOTE="Brean24"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] Easy, the game got worse and worse as it went on. Pathetic number of side quests, then let's not forget act 3. What a pile of **** that was. Never in my life have a I seen so much lameness thrown in at the last minute. Act 3 is super boring, short as hell, terrible boss fight, and one god awful ending. I truly have no idea what they were thinking, other than **** this Act, let's finish the game and make monies." Highly disappointed in that game. I had to replay the first to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

millerlight89

Would of it been better if they called it episode one? Personally, I liked that they released us some thing rather than have us wait a few more years.

As for which game I prefer, I'm on the other side maybe because I need good gameplay in my games. The Witcher 1 gameplay was a mindless and boring click fest. The Witcher 2 gameplay is far from perfect but, it's leaps and bounds better than the first game.

I didn't like the Witcher 1 so to the TC the game doesn't get better. I found it got more boring the longer I played and I went as far as chaper 3 after 3 different tries.

The Witcher 2 on the other hand I had no problem finishing it about 2 weeks. Love every minute of it and didn't mind the ending. I also probably the one of the few that liked chapter 3 because it had the hardest boss in the game who I whooped. I liked the challenge from that boss though he was also quite cheap.

So to the TC I would say give the Witcher a few more hours but, if you're like me and need better gameplay go for the Witcher 2. Better graphics, better game play, and better story.

Edit: gamespot for some reason always ignores my spaces

Avatar image for poovannaorcbane
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 poovannaorcbane
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts
[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Yes, it gets much better. Sadly, The Witcher 2 just got worse, and worse. GeneralShowzer

in witcher the story develops very slowly- act 1 is slow, be patient. once u completed act 1 trust me u will thank me :) the story becomes very engaging from here on and there is never a dull moment ;) and i am very sure u wont stop untill the end!! the ending is very satisfying based on ur choices!!! this game can be ranked as one of the best rpgs and put it right next to DA:origins, oblivion, witcher 2 (which improves everything over 1) so u must play it !!!!!!!!!!!11
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

[QUOTE="SkyWard20"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] Must be nice owning a nice PC and multiple platforms and not being stuck on an old 8800 GT like me :( Really need to get a job one of these days instead of watching anime, haha :P.GeneralShowzer

Oh wow, really? Lucky my parents didn't spoil me, and only buy me what I earn trough hard work at school.

I'm not a minor myself 18 years old and guaranteed government sponsorship for college...Bright future ahead.

That working out for you?

But for the meantime I'm just going to judge everyone that have a better PC than me, while I die out of jealosy :P

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'M 15 AND PC WILL BE BETTER THEN YOURS CRY CRY!!!

hehe just kidding..... sorta

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

millerlight89

Don't see what was wrong with the ending. This game is obviously the "empire strikes back" of a 3 part storyline.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#40 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

For me, the first two acts were nearly unbearable. The last acts make up for it, but it's a 7.5 game for me. There's way too many things I didn't like for it to make up for.

And while I thought the choices in the game were pretty good, I didn't really care too much about the characters. There's very little character involvement compared to some other games.

NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts
The things that I dislike about the Witcher 2 is that you can't use potions during battle, I mean what if the enemy appeared suddenly and you don't have time to meditate. And because of that I hardly use the potions in my playthroughs and I consider it as its downside. Also, the epilogue and the final chapter isn't memorable compared to the first Witcher. Boss battle is ridiculously easy and predictable. These are the major negative aspects that I've noticed while I played the game. The only thing that Witcher 2 excels at is the Combat & Graphics.
TailBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TailBlood
Member since 2011 • 944 Posts

So now the game is bad? But I thought us pc gamers liked everything that isn't consoles. Now comes witcher 2, and it's not good enough. :(

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 topsemag55

So now the game is bad? But I thought us pc gamers liked everything that isn't consoles. Now comes witcher 2, and it's not good enough. :(

TailBlood
Those of us who are PC gamers only can like a game while pointing out its flaws at the same time. I rated the game highly, but there are things I dislike about it, such as the key bindings. CDPR fixed what wasn't broken - combat was unique in the first game, and because some complained, they switched everything around. No continuity.
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

The third and fourth chapters are by far my favourite parts of The Witcher.

TailBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TailBlood
Member since 2011 • 944 Posts

[QUOTE="TailBlood"]

topsemag55

Those of us who are PC gamers only can like a game while pointing out its flaws at the same time. I rated the game highly, but there are things I dislike about it, such as the key bindings. CDPR fixed what wasn't broken - combat was unique in the first game, and because some complained, they switched everything around. No continuity.

Oddly enough all I hear is that Witcher 1's gameplay was boring. Check the steam forums. Combat was changed, and now it's not good. :roll: It's the same thing with Final Fantasy. Albieght weather you like it or not, SE trys to change the gameplay, year after because of the complaints they get. Yet it's not good enough for the fans. Developers should stop listening to haters tbh. Never going to satisfy them.

Also. All games have flaws. But I've been hearing from witcher 2 "Game was awful, game sucks". 2 different things.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#46 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
It really picks up by Chapter 2 It has a pretty lousy beginning to it.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 topsemag55

[QUOTE="topsemag55"][QUOTE="TailBlood"]

TailBlood

Oddly enough all I hear is that Witcher 1's gameplay was boring. Check the steam forums. Combat was changed, and now it's not good. :roll: It's the same thing with Final Fantasy. Albieght weather you like it or not, SE trys to change the gameplay, year after because of the complaints they get. Yet it's not good enough for the fans. Developers should stop listening to haters tbh. Never going to satisfy them.

Also. All games have flaws. But I've been hearing from witcher 2 "Game was awful, game sucks". 2 different things.

The first game had its flaws as well, but it wasn't boring. It was a pure RPG, and you had three styles of combat for each sword to level-up. You could take a potion during melee in 1, but in 2 they took that out, which makes no sense. You normally ended TW1 at Level 38 or 39, but you could grind and reach Level 40 (Master Witcher) just before the end. I did.
M4Ntan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 M4Ntan
Member since 2009 • 1438 Posts

the witcher 2 was so fun at first, but I am noticing that a lot of you guys also think it begans to lose its fun factor. Does the game pick up at all? I just got out of the first town after the prologue, at the military camp now. Is it worth playing if I have lost my ability to want to come back and play this early?

clyde2525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 clyde2525
Member since 2010 • 63 Posts
I tried to get into it, but idk wtf is going on. I don't understand the story, and I don't want to play the first game. I read up the wikipedia and it fogged everything up even more. haha
playa318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 playa318
Member since 2004 • 204 Posts
I tried to get into it, but idk wtf is going on. I don't understand the story, and I don't want to play the first game. I read up the wikipedia and it fogged everything up even more. hahaclyde2525
Yea, it's not for simpletons. The opening of The Witcher is a bit introductory and a bit slow. When chapter one opens up it picks up its pace. The Witcher is one of my favourite games of all time. I never understood many of the gripes about the game either after the enhanced edition was released. TW2's gamepad friendly UI and QTEs really pissed me off and I felt the story of the original Witcher to be preferable (not by a large margin though). One of the things I liked about it though was it didn't try to be a generic crowd pleaser.