Does the game speed affect the game difficulty in Warcraft III?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ameer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ameer27
Member since 2009 • 369 Posts

So I coinsidentally discovered the option to alter the game speed in the game pause menu. I found that it was set to fast, so I lowered it down to medium, taking into account that it will make the game easier. Although I play on medium difficulty - and sometimes I have to choose the reduce difficulty option after I get beaten - I still sometimes encounter difficulty even when playing on medium. So, I just want to know the game speed option's role in the game, and whether it affects the difficulty of the game or not. And if it does, how does it affect it?

Thanks in advance..

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

Nope. It simply affect the time it takes to build stuff and so on. The whole game will move slower. So yes, your opponent will move slower, but so will you. They used to have a game speed setting in a lot of RTS, I know the option was in most of the Westwood C&C games.

ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts

It doesn't really affect the games difficulty. But if you set it low enough, it would give you an advantage because you'll have that much longer to make the small and quick decisions. Micro-managing units would be easier, essentially.

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
It actually does affect difficulty in the sense that you have more time to think and react, especially for micromanagement. So I would say that yes, making the game slower does make it easier. If your problem with the game is not being able to react fast enough, slowing it down a bit might help.
knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 knight0151
Member since 2008 • 1205 Posts

Game speed affects game speed.