Does Far Cry 3 have item storage?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

C2N2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 C2N2
Member since 2012 • 759 Posts

Just curious... I have been going completionist hardcore and doing everything I can do, but I am constantly reaching the money cap and item caps... I go into the store, but I have mostly already bought everything and I just started the game... So now I have been discarding stuff and don't really want to, especially since most of what I get now are leaves and skins...

So yeah, is there like a storage container I can unlock at safehouses later or anything like that?

SharkheadHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SharkheadHD
Member since 2012 • 227 Posts

I don't think so. When you unlock weapons it just says "Owned" in the gun locker and you can pick them up at any time for free. All loot however has to be carried on the person, and you run out of loot slots fast so I highly recommend hunting the right animals to extend your inventory to its maximum capacity.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
Nope. A partial solution is to simply stop looting. You'll probably still clear stuff out once in awhile though, if you learned the talent that allows auto-looting upon take down.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
Just go back every now and then and sell your stuff. There is no point really in trying to gain money through loot items. Worth pretty much nothing anyway. Make money from whatever minigame you do best at. Other than that start getting all your bags upgraded.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
money is pointless apart from ammo restocks.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I've found the lack of item storage and and lack of things to spend money on to be pretty dissappointing. The whole "buy a gun once and have infinite numbers of them, for free, from any vending machine or store in the world" thing is pretty lame. Breaks immersion completely. Not to mention you don't even have to buy them. Pick one up from a dead pirate, and it's unlocked to get for free everywhere. Complete missions and scale radio towers, and guns are just unlocking left and right. The game would seriously be so much more immersive if you had to purchase new guns to replace yours every time you lost one, and you had a stash box of some kind in your safe houses.

Like, so, if you have the AK47, and you want to use an MP5 instead, you can put your AK in your stash, and it will be available to you from your stash later, but if you're out in the middle of the jungle, killing pirates, and you drop your AK, replacing it with an MP5, then that AK is gone, and you'll have to buy another if you want to use the AK again.

Not too big of a deal though. Wouldn't really change the core action of the game, which is certainly great. I just think it would add a great level of depth to the overall experience.

Hopefully this game develops a good modding community, and we get some kind of super hardcore "immersive" mod, which turns off the HUD (or at least just the enemy indicator arrows), disables target tagging, and makes obtaining and keeping guns a bit more realistic.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

I've found the lack of item storage and and lack of things to spend money on to be pretty dissappointing. The whole "buy a gun once and have infinite numbers of them, for free, from any vending machine or store in the world" thing is pretty lame. Breaks immersion completely. Not to mention you don't even have to buy them. Pick one up from a dead pirate, and it's unlocked to get for free everywhere. Complete missions and scale radio towers, and guns are just unlocking left and right. The game would seriously be so much more immersive if you had to purchase new guns to replace yours every time you lost one, and you had a stash box of some kind in your safe houses.

Like, so, if you have the AK47, and you want to use an MP5 instead, you can put your AK in your stash, and it will be available to you from your stash later, but if you're out in the middle of the jungle, killing pirates, and you drop your AK, replacing it with an MP5, then that AK is gone, and you'll have to buy another if you want to use the AK again.

Not too big of a deal though. Wouldn't really change the core action of the game, which is certainly great. I just think it would add a great level of depth to the overall experience.

Hopefully this game develops a good modding community, and we get some kind of super hardcore "immersive" mod, which turns off the HUD (or at least just the enemy indicator arrows), disables target tagging, and makes obtaining and keeping guns a bit more realistic.

the_bi99man
I completely agree. The game is still great but having a stash and a better weapons system would make it a lot better.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I completely agree. The game is still great but having a stash and a better weapons system would make it a lot better. Toxic-Seahorse

Yeah, it's great fun, easy contender for GOTY, and immediately one of my favorites of recent years, but there are some odd design choices. It's like they couldn't decide if they wanted it to be an immerisve, realistic experience, or an arcade shooter, so they just kind of threw in elements of both. It plays quite well, but on a presentation level, some of the designs seriously conflict each other.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Gather animal hide and skins and expand all your ammo pouches, main bag, syringe kit, quiver, etc. That's what I did early on in the game and it helped quite a bit. But I guess that's the great part of it, it gives it a survival aspect to it so you're not like a walking vending machine. I felt like they could have done more with the weapon and equipment system though. At times, it felt a bit arcade-y.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Just upgrade all your holsters, pouches, bags and wallets and whatnot. Once you reach the limit, sell off whatever you don't need, or don't because once you reach a point where you've maxed all your inventory you probably should just stop looting since you're rich.