Does Fallout 3 have problems on Windows 7?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
#1 Posted by smokeydabear076 (22109 posts) -

Does Fallout 3 have problems on Windows 7? I ask mainly because it says on steam "Fallout 3 is not optimized for Windows 7"... not very interested in the game if it doesn't run well/has a bunch of problems.

#2 Posted by D1zzyCriminal (1839 posts) -

It works fine on Windows 7. You shouldn't have to worry.

#3 Posted by id_mew (578 posts) -

I did some reshearch myself about this issue and I found out that it varies from person to person.

some people had no issuea at all, and some people kept crashing no matter what they tried.

I decided to skip the purchase cause I played it before but I want it to try it with mods.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
#4 Posted by smokeydabear076 (22109 posts) -

I did some reshearch myself about this issue and I found out that it varies from person to person.

some people had no issuea at all, and some people kept crashing no matter what they tried.

I decided to skip the purchase cause I played it before but I want it to try it with mods.

id_mew

Any idea if it's the same for New Vegas?

#5 Posted by N30F3N1X (8923 posts) -

It has issues with handling more than two cores and multiple threads. It's a bit unstable, especially if you try to tamper with the configuration files to improve performance.

#6 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

i played it and completed it in win 7 64 bit and a quad core, so no problems

#7 Posted by Ricardo41 (1046 posts) -

Fallout New Vegas plays fine on W7, the game looks like crap but it plays. Fallout 3 - lots of folks reporting problems.

Use google, and judge for yourself.

#8 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

just about every game ever made works on W7

#9 Posted by lambalot (1798 posts) -

Fallout 3 worked for me on Win7 until about 10 hours into the game then it kept crashing every 10mins. New Vegas didnt work at all for me, i could play the starting bit but the game kept crashing after that.

As mentioned it varies from person to person.

#10 Posted by ciorlandenis (322 posts) -
Fallout 3 with tons of mods and Fallout New vegas with a MILLION mods worked just fine. have like 300 hours played at least on windows 7 64 bit.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
#11 Posted by deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9 (7779 posts) -

Nope, it's fine.

#12 Posted by bigbeebis (705 posts) -

Fallout New Vegas plays fine on W7, the game looks like crap but it plays. Fallout 3 - lots of folks reporting problems.

Use google, and judge for yourself.

Ricardo41
Word, brudah. But it's still a prime game.
#13 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10059 posts) -
Yeah I saw his as well. I hope it's not an issue for me....
#14 Posted by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -
You just need to apply a little .ini tweak so it doesn't crash on systems that have more than 2 cores. otherwise you should have little trouble with vanilla Fallout 3.
#15 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (5176 posts) -

My version crashes to desktop periodically during gameplay even with all available patches installed. New Vegas is fine though.