Does EVGA Precision change my GPU's voltage?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hercules321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Hercules321
Member since 2009 • 298 Posts

Just a quick question. I want to start overclocking my GTX 560 Ti since I heard its very good for OCing. However I DO NOT want to mess with the voltage at all. I'm just looking tosafely get another5-10 FPS out of my card. I downloaded the EVGA Precision tool. Before I start increasing the core clock and shader clock I just want to knowif EVGA Precision will mess with my GPU'svoltage at all or will my card and computer simply reset back to its default settings if I raise the levels to high?

viper0982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 viper0982
Member since 2007 • 555 Posts
evga precision doesn't mess with voltages. Overclocking too high will likely just result in a bsod or display adapter has stopped responding error, just lower the clocks if this happens. Never had any permanent damage just don't go crazy.
ATLReppa770

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ATLReppa770
Member since 2005 • 4208 Posts

Just a quick question. I want to start overclocking my GTX 560 Ti since I heard its very good for OCing. However I DO NOT want to mess with the voltage at all. I'm just looking tosafely get another5-10 FPS out of my card. I downloaded the EVGA Precision tool. Before I start increasing the core clock and shader clock I just want to knowif EVGA Precision will mess with my GPU'svoltage at all or will my card and computer simply reset back to its default settings if I raise the levels to high?

Hercules321
No, it won't mess w/ your voltages. You know, a notch or two in voltage shouldn't do any harm. If you're looking to get 5-10 frames, that's a pretty big overclock requirement. You can't just bump it up w/ stock voltage and achieve that goal. Check here for others' input on voltages, and clocks: http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/890903-nvidia-gtx-500-series-owners-club-24.html
Avatar image for Neo_revolution7
Neo_revolution7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Neo_revolution7
Member since 2008 • 2088 Posts

if you are trying to oc your gpu go with msi afterburner, just don't go to crazy with voltageif you are using the stock HSF.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
some cards require you to flash the bios before you can mess with the voltage anyway..