does anyone still play Age of Empires 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

no_name4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 no_name4
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

just wondering does anyone play age online anymore?

eclarkdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#3 eclarkdog
Member since 2004 • 1310 Posts
Interesting timing, as I re-installed the game a couple of days ago. i was bored and wanted to play it again. AOE2 was basically one of the first games that got me back into gaming several years ago. I enjoyed playing through all the campaigns at the time. Anyway, as decent as the graphics probably were then, I find them at bit hard to deal with now. Personally, the game has passed me by, but it was a great game in its time.
akeanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 akeanon
Member since 2006 • 93 Posts
We just introduced a new competition into our LAN parties that features older games. Taking a break from the modern RTS and playing games with great memories has proved a ton of fun; the most recent game has been Age of Empires II. So yes, some people still play AOEII and while it wasn't online, it was good LAN party stuff.
NatchoKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 NatchoKing
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

age of empires still freaking rocks till this day

but age of empires 3is damn good if you havent given it a try

hock3yl1f3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 hock3yl1f3
Member since 2007 • 687 Posts
That game brings back some memories...had some real fun playing it with a 56K modem. Those days PC gaming was really good and I am sure it's still played online but i would not expect a large community.Deihmos
hock3yl1f3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hock3yl1f3
Interesting timing, as I re-installed the game a couple of days ago. i was bored and wanted to play it again. AOE2 was basically one of the first games that got me back into gaming several years ago. I enjoyed playing through all the campaigns at the time. Anyway, as decent as the graphics probably were then, I find them at bit hard to deal with now. Personally, the game has passed me by, but it was a great game in its time.eclarkdog
hock3yl1f3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hock3yl1f3
We just introduced a new competition into our LAN parties that features older games. Taking a break from the modern RTS and playing games with great memories has proved a ton of fun; the most recent game has been Age of Empires II. So yes, some people still play AOEII and while it wasn't online, it was good LAN party stuff.akeanon
hock3yl1f3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hock3yl1f3

!? I nvr remeber posting this stuff!?

hock3yl1f3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hock3yl1f3
Anyway...to the topic...When i looked on gamespy arcade they had hundreds of people just for aoe 2 conqueror's. If I were to include all Aoe games up to date it would be well into the thousands area. To answer ur question, yes ppl still do play. I consider this game series a classic. Kinda of like Pac-man, but not as famous and classical...(of course).
hock3yl1f3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hock3yl1f3

Interesting timing, as I re-installed the game a couple of days ago. i was bored and wanted to play it again. AOE2 was basically one of the first games that got me back into gaming several years ago. I enjoyed playing through all the campaigns at the time. Anyway, as decent as the graphics probably were then, I find them at bit hard to deal with now. Personally, the game has passed me by, but it was a great game in its time.eclarkdog

If you think AoE II graphics are hard to handle try playing AoE. Even after playing aoe II, the first aoe's graphics look like... junk (worse then that but i dont want to get reported) :D

soadfan8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 soadfan8182
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
yah man me and my friends play it on the school servers all the time.. the game rocks.