Does anyone have experience with the Siberia v2? Also, general Headset advice.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ACx7
Member since 2007 • 6222 Posts

I'm going to be buying a gaming headset sometime in the next few months. I've been drawn to the Siberia V2 for awhile now, but I had a few questions.

1.Does the mic pick up a lot of background noise?
2.How's the overall mic/audio quality?
3.Hows the build quality?
4.Is it worth the $70-$80 price tag?

I'll most likely be pairing it with the Astro Mixamp since my main system is Xbox, with a little PC/PS3 here ad there(A lot of PC at the moment thanks to Diablo 3). Is it a better alternative then just buying the A40 system and using that headset? Or is there something that would be better than both? I have done a little research and most people seem to think the PC360 paired with the Mixamp is the best combo. But that is out of my price range. But whne it comes to the A40 vs the Siberia v2, it seems people are split. So I thought I'd ask you guys for some opinions before I spend that much money.

Max budget is $250. (Tax+Shipping excluded)

Bozanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#2 Bozanimal
Member since 2003 • 2500 Posts
Greetings, and welcome to the A/V forums! Before you get inundated with, "OMG gaming headsets are for noobs!" I wanted to let you know that the Astro Mixamp is, in fact, quite convenient for gamers using multiple platforms, especially if Dolby Headphone processing is important to you. If you do not care about Dolby Headphone, though, you might want to reconsider the Astro Mixamp. My first piece of advice is to check out the Headphone FAQ at the top of these forums. It talks a bit about alternatives to using a headset, and offers strong alternatives at multiple price points. Once you've given it a read, come back and ask any follow-up questions you might have. Spending $250 is a lot, and I believe between the Headphone FAQ and the A/V denizens, we can find you a better alternative to the Siberia V2 for your money. Happy gaming, Boz
ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ACx7
Member since 2007 • 6222 Posts

I didn't even notice that topic. I'll post this in there. Thanks.

jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

Steelseries is a horrible company. Stay away, far away.

dshfsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dshfsd
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
monster beats is on Beats by Dre Studio is so cheap,you can going to see