Do you think there should be more Sims 2 Expansions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hekama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 Hekama
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts

I think EA games could make a lot of money (and make us happy) if they made more expansions for Sims 2. The Sims 3 has a lot of players, and potential, but many people are still attatched to Sims 2. Some people played 3 and didn't like it, so they went back. I personally think the third one looks bad, or at least not suited for my way of playing. There are lots of people who are going to keep playing Sims 2 for a looong time, so why shouldnt EA make money and make expansions? We all know they aren't exactly quality over quantity. What harm could it do?

There are lots of people still modding the Sims 2, and they are pretty much doing what EA would be profitting from. Now an obvious problem could be: "What kind of expansions could they possibly make now?"

Firstly they could make expansions FOR the expansions. There are lots of ways they could expand on the titles like Apartment Life and Seasons.

Plus, I'm sure there are lots of other packs they could make. I would be happy to hear from anyone reading if they have ideas. I'm thinking they could do a Science pack, Nature, Pirate adventure.. Really, with the number of Sims obsessed people like me there is no end. I'm also not that picky, as long as it works well. The more the merrier!

What do you think?

cluclap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 cluclap
Member since 2007 • 888 Posts
[QUOTE="Hekama"]

I think EA games could make a lot of money (and make us happy) if they made more expansions for Sims 2. The Sims 3 has a lot of players, and potential, but many people are still attatched to Sims 2. Some people played 3 and didn't like it, so they went back. I personally think the third one looks bad, or at least not suited for my way of playing. There are lots of people who are going to keep playing Sims 2 for a looong time, so why shouldnt EA make money and make expansions? We all know they aren't exactly quality over quantity. What harm could it do?

There are lots of people still modding the Sims 2, and they are pretty much doing what EA would be profitting from. Now an obvious problem could be: "What kind of expansions could they possibly make now?"

Firstly they could make expansions FOR the expansions. There are lots of ways they could expand on the titles like Apartment Life and Seasons.

Plus, I'm sure there are lots of other packs they could make. I would be happy to hear from anyone reading if they have ideas. I'm thinking they could do a Science pack, Nature, Pirate adventure.. Really, with the number of Sims obsessed people like me there is no end. I'm also not that picky, as long as it works well. The more the merrier!

What do you think?

Not with Sims 3 out... That would be going backwards.
Hekama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Hekama
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts

True, but lots of players are going backwards themselves after playing the Sims 3 and returning it. Like I said, EA isn't much for integrity if they can sell a lot.

quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

They would probably only do it if a large part of the Sims community was requesting it. Even still, I doubt they'd take a step back and start developing again for an older game unless there's a dev team that's been specifically devoted to it. Besides, I don't mind if a modding community carries the torch of its devs and continues to expand the game far beyond its original offering (for free as well, at least for some creators). That's what made SimCity 4 so great in my opinion.

Personally, I want to see them create another expansion based on my favorite one, which was Superstar for the original (full-fledged show business career track).