Do you replay games

Posted by urbangamez (3499 posts) 2 years, 14 hours ago

Poll: Do you replay games (38 votes)

Yes 55%
No 8%
Depends ( not diaper) :P 34%
Other 3%

depends. If I like the game I will replay it 3 or 4 times, if not no.

#1 Posted by Xtasy26 (5395 posts) -

No. Gives I have so much other games to play in my Steam and non-Steam game library that I don't have time for. So, I might as well move to the next one.

#2 Posted by Yazu13 (5185 posts) -

Life gets busy when you're an adult, so I don't have the same amount of free time that I had when I was a kid. Back then, I'd play a game multiple times without batting an eye, but now I have to mind my playtime, and consider all of the other great games I could be playing once I'm finished with a game. If anything brings me back, it's probably a huge, game-changing piece of DLC, like The Witcher 3's Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine.

#3 Posted by Yams1980 (3565 posts) -

I rarely replay them right after i finish them. I wait a while till i forget a bit of the game. If the gameplays good and i wasn't playing it for story, i can replay it right away if the game was short.

Recently started replaying Mass Effect 1-3, unfortunately i remember everything in the game so far so maybe i didn't wait long enough... and its a game with terrible gameplay so its not like you play it for the great shooting mechanics cause its just the worst. The dialog is still funny as hell, i love acting like a jerk to everyone.

Another Bioware game im gonna replay after is KOTOR, i haven't played it since its release and i know for sure it should feel pretty fresh since i can barely remember most of the storyline.

#4 Posted by Alexander4552 (147 posts) -

If it's fun or there's a shitton of mods, which makes it different each time

#5 Posted by FelipeInside (28548 posts) -

For me generally it would be a NO just because of time constraints.

This is strictly speaking about SP of course.

#6 Posted by GeryGo (12450 posts) -

If I got nothing new interesting to play then yes, I've replayed many times Diablo 2 LoD or Fallou 3 GOTY/Fallout 4.

Sometimes I've replayed games on hardest difficulty.

#7 Posted by Gallowhand (592 posts) -

Yes, I replay games that I love.

#8 Posted by RockField (473 posts) -

Yes, I replay the games that I haven't played in a long time.

#9 Posted by Gladestone1 (5695 posts) -

Once in a blue moon ill play a game over, like fallout, rpgs, other games xcom new series, so on, civ 6 i go back to, city skylines so fun, planet rollercoaster, even the movies i still play

#10 Edited by Random_Matt (4294 posts) -

Yes, multiple times.

Must of played BG 1/2 a 100 times.

#11 Edited by thedelts (71 posts) -

Yes. I've replayed Half Life more than 10 times out of nostalgia.

Avatar image for radicalbradical
#12 Posted by RadicalBradical (29 posts) -

I try my best to replay games that I love(d) playing. Classic examples for me are Final Fantasy VII, Suikoden II, Bloodborne, BioShock, and Half-Life 2. There are a ton of other fantastic games that I'd love to replay, though.

#13 Posted by skipper847 (7329 posts) -

@Gladestone1: There's a computer game called the movies. Where you can put stories together.

#14 Edited by tomana (9 posts) -

for the past 2 years I've been replaying mass effect 1 thru 3, Metro Redux series and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Then Mass Effect Andromeda came out and I haven't managed to play all the way through even once yet. I get 2/3rds the way through and the audio tracks during fire fights are just to awful to deal with so I stop playing. One of these days I'll get to Meridian. Anyways, now currently on ME 2 and Half-Life 2 while I wait for Metro Exodus next year

#15 Posted by neatfeatguy (4260 posts) -

I find myself replaying games I enjoyed, ones that I've played through multiple times. A lot of newer games just don't hold my attention and I find myself trying to get through them, but it feels more like a chore than enjoyment. I put on an older game I've played through before and I find myself lost in the game for hours and enjoying it.

#16 Posted by lucidique (580 posts) -

I don't usually replay games, unless a sequel hits I have very much been looking forward to and I want to refresh my memory on certain story elements.

Dishonored comes to mind as one of the most recent game I have replayed.

#17 Posted by appariti0n (2796 posts) -

I voted depends, but saw the (not diaper) part too late.

Can I change my vote?

#18 Edited by Articuno76 (19792 posts) -
@Yazu13 said:

Life gets busy when you're an adult, so I don't have the same amount of free time that I had when I was a kid. Back then, I'd play a game multiple times without batting an eye, but now I have to mind my playtime, and consider all of the other great games I could be playing once I'm finished with a game. If anything brings me back, it's probably a huge, game-changing piece of DLC, like The Witcher 3's Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine.

I've been feeling like this lately.

But then there's the other side of the coin: playing a new game requires learning new mechanics and adjusting, whereas playing a game again is like slipping on a pair of comfortable slippers after a long day's work.

That said, I'm talking about replaying games I played a few years ago, not literally replaying a game back-to-back (at least not normally).

#19 Posted by JimB (2520 posts) -

I replay games. Right now I am replaying Pillars of Eternity. I also replay the Dragon Age series and Mass Effect series and Skyrim.

#20 Edited by lucidique (580 posts) -

@JimB said:

I replay games. Right now I am replaying Pillars of Eternity. I also replay the Dragon Age series and Mass Effect series and Skyrim.

Damnit, I got Pillars of Eternity in a bundle. It looks good. I still have to finish The Witcher 3. It looks similar to stuff like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights.

Is it worth playing next?

#21 Posted by JimB (2520 posts) -

@lucidique said:
@JimB said:

Damnit, I got Pillars of Eternity in a bundle. It looks good. I still have to finish The Witcher 3. It looks similar to stuff like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights.

Is it worth playing next?

It is a good RPG. If you liked Baldur's Gate you will like Pillars of Eternity.

#22 Posted by RoleplayGaming (52 posts) -

Back in the day when F.E.A.R. came out, I fell in love with the SP so much I replayed it nearly 6 or 7 times. Now a days ill be lucky to even open back up a game ive already beaten once

#23 Posted by lucidique (580 posts) -

@JimB: Awesome. Will get started soon, then. Thanks!

#24 Edited by Litchie (24113 posts) -

Yes. I get the urge to play DOOM 1, 2 and 3 like once a year, for example. Currently replaying DOOM (2016) now as well. :P

#25 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31440 posts) -

Yeah a lot, but not as much as I'd like to. Because there is a constant stream of interesting new games coming out.

Games like

• Wolfenstein: The new order
  • Prey
  • Dishonored 2

Are some I loved replaying in the past year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
#26 Posted by deactivated-5bda06edf37ee (4675 posts) -

I have problems finishing games even once... too many games coming out all the time.

#27 Posted by XamiTime (2 posts) -
Loading Video...

#28 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25253 posts) -

I finished Call of Pripyat for the second time recently. Then, I installed the Call of Chernobyl mod. Now, I play it on both gaming PC and laptop.

#29 Edited by Rob27shred (73 posts) -

Now getting up in my years I will only re-play games I find extremely worthy of it. I've definitely lost all the completionist tendencies I used to have in lieu of getting through a game I am enjoying in the small amounts of free time I have nowadays. So the ideal of re-playing a game is a very tenuous one for me, that is unless it is a masterpiece of a game such as all the Witcher 3 or a smaller game with a short campaign that I really enjoy. For me the longer the campaign of the game is the higher the quality of the game & gameplay needs to be for me to consider giving it a 2nd go around at this point in my gaming career.