Maxpowers_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Maxpowers_32
Member since 2006 • 685 Posts

I've going through my closet and cleaning out some old things and have found a bunch of old game boxes. Is there any chance they'd be valuable? I have boxes for the original starcraft, Starcraft 2, Overwatch, fallout 1 and 2, Dawn of War, Street Fighter 2 (PC), Where in the World in Carmen Sandiego, and Mechwarrior. They look kind of cool, but I don't know if it's worth keeping them as they take up a lot of space and I'm a bit of a pack rat so I need to clear out a lot of old things.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 3766 Posts

Probably not valuable enough to waste your time to sell unless you have older game manuals and a ton of them in good shape.

People probably want Atari/Commodore, SNES, NES and maybe Sega games with manuals in good shape. Basically 80s and 90s games, anything after who cares, I wouldn't.

I sold a bunch of my Sega games with manuals and boxes few years ago, got a few bucks, but worthless really time wise. I only sold them because I knew the person wanted them and I was going to trash them and figured if someone could use them that's good.

Nobody cares about a Starcraft or Overwatch manuals, these games are way too new and not rare at all. Those games only a few years old and everyone has them. Not sure about Fallout 1 and 2, those are older but then again, PC games and people would want the boxes also, not just the manuals and you are looking at meaningless money here, like a couple dollars its not worth it. Trying to ship a PC game box to someone would cost way too much money, just not worth your time or money, its crazy actually.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12493 Posts

Still got a box from Black Ops 3, which is already account bound so I don't know, I guess I keep it because I don't usually buy game boxes no more.

It's like keeping vintage retro stuff to me :D

Maxpowers_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Maxpowers_32
Member since 2006 • 685 Posts

@Yams1980 said:

Probably not valuable enough to waste your time to sell unless you have older game manuals and a ton of them in good shape.

People probably want Atari/Commodore, SNES, NES and maybe Sega games with manuals in good shape. Basically 80s and 90s games, anything after who cares, I wouldn't.

I sold a bunch of my Sega games with manuals and boxes few years ago, got a few bucks, but worthless really time wise. I only sold them because I knew the person wanted them and I was going to trash them and figured if someone could use them that's good.

Nobody cares about a Starcraft or Overwatch manuals, these games are way too new and not rare at all. Those games only a few years old and everyone has them. Not sure about Fallout 1 and 2, those are older but then again, PC games and people would want the boxes also, not just the manuals and you are looking at meaningless money here, like a couple dollars its not worth it. Trying to ship a PC game box to someone would cost way too much money, just not worth your time or money, its crazy actually.

I do have the manuals for some games like Fallout 1 and 2. I have my Atari 7800, Genesis, and NES games saved and looked at them yesterday. Unfortunately I didn't keep any of the old gaming system boxes or manuals. Good to know I can throw out the more current PC boxes.

Would you think it's worth saving the Street Fighter PC box and manuals for DOS? I have the original disks inside it also, but it has been opened. That box takes up so much space!

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 3766 Posts

@Maxpowers_32: best to let it go unless it has some kind of emotional attachment to you. Don't hoard stuff that isn't worth the space to hold onto it.