Do the graphics of Crysis 2 get better after...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WasacreOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 WasacreOL
Member since 2008 • 391 Posts

Updating it? I'm still playin the unpatched version. Currently, the graphics really impress me at hardcore mode.

After reading a bunch of stuff. I heard patch 1.8 has an advanced graphics option.

Now im wondering if the "Ultra" of that patch is equivalent of hardcore settings?

Also I'm asking this because I plan to update it for the graphics but I heard that patch 1.9 has many crashing issues.

Please be reminded that comparing these 2 is BEFORE applying the Dx11 pack.

Thanks!

CorpseExecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CorpseExecutor
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
yea they get better with the 1.9 patch dx11 and texture pack. However, to be honest it still doesnt look that great to me. Not to mention it runs like crap; poorly optimised and clearly unfinished game. Some people say it looks better than bf3. They must be crazy because bf3 looks like its from another generation comparatively Anyways, yes it crashes but its rare (for me atleast). Bare in mind i have a crossfire setup so that influences it as well
Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
Yes, I'd say a major difference if you know what the update includes. Crytek's own website has before and after pictures and the difference is quite large, with all the new DX11 features and the like. So if you think Crysis 2 looks good now, it'll look much better after the patch. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28764507&postcount=185 Comparisions of before and after.
Phelaidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Phelaidar
Member since 2005 • 1533 Posts
Graphics do get better, performance gets worse... but nothing helps the generic art style in this game.
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Yes. They receive an update on DirectX I guess. Plus, I think there are already mods to improve the graphics even more.