Do people still play Crysis/Crysis Wars multiplayer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11821 Posts

I recently just bought maximum edition of steam for $10 :D and was wondering do people still play it?

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I dont' know about Crysis Wars (it refuses to read my DVD :( ) but Crysis the MP is dead. There's a few servers, but I think they're hacked.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11821 Posts

I dont' know about Crysis Wars (it refuses to read my DVD :( ) but Crysis the MP is dead. There's a few servers, but I think they're hacked.

ChubbyGuy40

I just tried the multiplayer and it's pretty ghost townish 3 for 2 full servers all the others empty or majorly empty I'm talking about Crysis not wars (still installing >:()

captalchol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 captalchol
Member since 2006 • 643 Posts

Neither was very popular, even right after release. Crysis 2 MP on PC is already slowed. Most of the servers left seem to be european, the chat is not usually in english.

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

I recently just bought maximum edition of steam for $10 :D and was wondering do people still play it?

NoodleFighter

Take advantage from the autodownloading system from Crysis WarS. The game came with around 20 maps (9 from Crysis mp) plus another 3-4 were freely released later (Ruins was the latest one) but there's DOZENS of custom maps and you can instantly download it just jumping into any server with one, as in UT 2004. I must have near to 90 maps in my hard disk, including remastered versions of old Far Cry mp maps as Surf, and some outstanding new maps as Quarton, Stricher Village, Kiribik, Small Compound, etc.

Sadly isn't very popular, but a few servers are still very active, mainly in Europe.

Warhearted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Warhearted
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts

Crysis MP/Crysis Wars never truly caught on. Sad, too, as I always felt the MP components shared some of the larger open-world traits of the campaigns, which helped set the MP apart as well. Unfortunately, hacking became prevalent, and even immediately following the Crysis Wars launch, 95% of the servers I'd find with any population were European, thus subject to peak hours far removed from my own, not to mention outrageous ping.

By all means, soak up those campaigns in all of their gorgeous glory. Years after release, I still do. But if it's MP you're looking for, either jump into Crysis 2 or prepare to be massively disappointed.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Crysis doubtful, Wars, perhaps. I've been playing MechWarrior Living Legends for Wars, and it's always populated. Great stuff.