Do i switch back to PC for Shooters?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kyomagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kyomagi
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

So I finally moved in with my Fiance. So, i built a gaming PC. I used to play shooters like COD and BF multiplayer only on my PS3.

Basically, I want to know, does the PC shooter scene have the same population as ps3? I am trying to make sure i make the right choice

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Depends on the game really. CoD has a much larger population on consoles....as if that is something to brag about :P. BF games usually have a much larger audience on PC, and the players actually continue playing the game, unlike console games where you see many communities die our rather quickly. Let's put it this way, you are a BF fan, you have a gaming PC....so the choice is easy, PC. You are going to want to play BF3 in all of its glory, and you won't get that on a console. Well you may not get it on your PC either, but it will be a hell of a lot closer ;)
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

So I finally moved in with my Fiance. So, i built a gaming PC. I used to play shooters like COD and BF multiplayer only on my PS3.

Basically, I want to know, does the PC shooter scene have the same population as ps3? I am trying to make sure i make the right choice

kyomagi

black ops is pretty vacant mw2 isnt bad though. bfbc2 is very full and tf2 compared to the ps3 or 360's community.. ugh like night n day my man you will truly get an awakening. fps's were MADE for the pc end discussion the mouse is far more deadly than the controller in an fps. weve debated this time n time again and every time we see the ebst console fps's players go head2 head with mainstream pc players we see them get their faces ahnded to em.. time n time again.

you shouldnt play fps's on the console. there isnt a logical justification for it.

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

The PC community does have a strong community for shooters, but it is different games in many cases. Red Orchestra, Team Fortress 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Counter-Strike, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Day of Defeat are some examples of PC games with strong shooter communities. There are others, and I'm sure other posters will reply on this thread and let you know.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ In terms of FPS on Steam it's typically like this: 1. TF2 - 60k peak 2. CSS - 55k peak 3. CS 1.6 50k peak 4. COD 6 40k peak 5. COD 7 25k peak 6. BFBC2 8k peak 7. Red Orchestra 2 6k peak And all the other multiplayer FPS have under 2k peak if I'm not mistaken(at least after the week of release). It's worth keeping in mind, however, since PC has dedicated servers for many games, games that do have dedicated servers feel plenty "active" even if they have only 200 players on at a given time, for example I live in NYC, a city with 27 million people, and I can more quickly find a match in COD 4 which has dedicated servers but peaks at 1.5k usually than COD 6 which has peer to peer matchmaking but peaks at 40k usually. With games like TF2, CS, BFBC2, HL2DM, COD 4, RO2, and ARMA II, you won't have to worry about finding matches since they have dedicated servers, and for games that have dediservs, the community feels plenty alive as long there are more than a few dozen people playing.
merigoldsass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 merigoldsass
Member since 2011 • 575 Posts

switch back to pc for everything

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

Play shooters on PC, it's as simple as that. And of course keep the Ps3 for games you can't get on PC, but still want. Or to borrow/rent games on. It's what I do.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

PC shooter scene is larger than the PS3 shooter scene, no doubt about that. More games to play, more people to play with, higher quality gameplay. All in all you can't go wrong with using a PC for your online gaming.

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

The only things you should be using the consoles for is playing fighting, sport and some arcade games. Every other genre is better on PC - has a better feel, you can custumize HOW you want things to look later on with community patches and tweaks ... FPS have always been the best example for the console/PC dilema ... and PC always wins there ...

Dennislol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dennislol123
Member since 2010 • 184 Posts

So I finally moved in with my Fiance.

kyomagi

Can you please enlighten me as to how this in any way was relevant to your question?

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="kyomagi"]

Dennislol123

Can you please enlighten me as to how this in any way was relevant to your question?

That's easy. His fiance hogs all the consoles. :P
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts

[QUOTE="kyomagi"]

Dennislol123

Cause he loves her, it's a big step in his life and he wants to share the good news with the whole world?
jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

[QUOTE="Dennislol123"]

[QUOTE="kyomagi"]

m25105

Cause he loves her, it's a big step in his life and he wants to share the good news with the whole world?

This.

and yeah, the BF community on PC is great. The COD community is pretty strong. and any Vavlve game still has a large community. TF2, L4D, CS all of em.

kyomagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kyomagi
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

[QUOTE="m25105"][QUOTE="Dennislol123"]

jettpack

This.

and yeah, the BF community on PC is great. The COD community is pretty strong. and any Vavlve game still has a large community. TF2, L4D, CS all of em.

Lol thanks

I forgot to mention that when i moved in with my Fiance, i dumped my alienware laptop and built a desk top. Basically, i have more time.