Digital Storm v. Falcon Northwest v. HP-Voodoo v. Dell-Alienware v. Build my own

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TJamesA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TJamesA
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts
Basically I'm trying to gather opinions on what gaming desktop is looked highly upon, feel free to name any, and whether it would be wiser(cheaper) to just build a rig myself, which I have never done before but would thoroughly research and discuss with knowledgeable friends. Is building my own pc really going to get more bang for the buck vs a boutique built system?
marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts
Yes here a GREAT Enthusiast Gaming pc at Low COst Il show you one https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=10572506
it just miss a cpu cooler of high quality as Thermalright 120 extreme / Cooler master V8

You can change video card for 295GTX / or Two 295GTX or Two 4870x2 as well for (MAX power) and the psu for a 1000wats if you seek a 2500$ Build pc instead of a 1800$PC build It depend of how much money you want to spend to be honest a 1800$ DO The job. then you can add another video card or Change video card into the build Selection

then also you can Add Extra Ram Once afteward to have a total of 12GIG instead of 6GB at 1600mhz but first the CPU / VIDEO CARD
aveman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 aveman1
Member since 2004 • 3383 Posts
Build your own.
marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marcthpro
just like i said :D i even made him a build that he could use or ask if he want more power just need bacon on the table :D
TJamesA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TJamesA
That's a quick build you came up with, but can it really compete with the sickness of a Voodoo Omen or perhaps the legend of a Falcon Mach V, not that I'm looking to spend over 5g, but some of those systems' brethren like a FNW Fragbox or Voodoo Firebird seem like they can handle their own.
marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 marcthpro
nothing rival with own build unless it come with a 2.5 Galon per second Triple Loop water Cooling system + MAX GPU which isa round 1200$ + 989$CPU + max ram amount under 4500$ which you won't Happen any soon buddy

if you want max power il go max power you just tell you what money you want to spend this pc is you'r if you add all to Cart ;)
nothing iv meet in past / present Does Defeat The power of a pc who make is own pc into piece and assemble it for money
even the cooling part :P you just end up having Phase cooling for Extreme Overclocking or Triple loop water cooling into a Full tower such as ATCS 840
w0lfbreeder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 w0lfbreeder
Member since 2007 • 426 Posts
build your own.
marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marcthpro
That just waht i said but he don't know how so i'lm is so called build you'r own gamespot is here for that and for any worth budget iw ill expend to get better piece example if 1500$ the limit i downscale : If it 1800$ I GO like i just builded : If it 2500$ : then il put better piece such as another video card
TJamesA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TJamesA
So nothing rivals a personal build eh, well I would not like to spend more than $2000, but I want it to perform and perform for a couple years to come, with the option of upgrading in say 2 years.
TJamesA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TJamesA
Why do people even buy pre-built gaming pcs then, I mean maybe if I won the lottery I wouldn't be thinking twice about this.
marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 marcthpro
lol yeah well anyway go with the buidl i select or change for 295GTX
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2008/11/06/overclocking-intel-core-i7-920/6
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2009/01/19/his-radeon-hd-4870-1gb-iceq4-turbo/3
TJamesA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TJamesA
time to get buildin! Thanks for the build plans marcthpro! definitely gonna go for the 295GTX, one more thing is the cooling in your original build sufficient for overclocking?
marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 marcthpro
no well not by alot you could still over clock but you should order from another store the Thermalright 120 Extreme it higly recommend else the cooler master V8 that all you need https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=10572506
Then the build is complete how ever if you still have a little Less money a big 40$ and wantt a little better case then Antec 1200
There this tower i heard it Better Then the Antec 1200 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119160
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2008/10/31/cooler-master-atcs-840-****c-review/4 According this Review tough Just letting you know all the opporunity :
Good Luck into overclocking ur cpu and Live Long And Game hard ;) instead of prosper lol

Re-EDIT : ALso Guy do you think those ram That are out of stuck are better
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226030
then G-skill 1600mhz PC-12800 3x2GB 8-8-8-21 1.65VOLTAGE
WitchE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WitchE1
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Just got a new Falcon NW Talon, fully loaded with their options. Ordered in early Nov and got it 2 weeks ago. They had issues in testing with the video card. So... we waited.. and waited. Finally it arrives. She's beautiful, runs great. Feels like I made a great 3k investment. Boot her up this morning and guess what.. one of the vid cards is squealing. WTH! As much as I paid and as long as I waited, I am livid. Anyone else have "issues during testing" and had to wait on new parts and then they just screw up? My review of them is ZERO at this point. Because I know, with the holidays, shipping, WAITING again, this PC will be out of here another 1 1./2 - 2 months! (This was my husband's Xmas gift and I stole his ram and graphics card from the old one, so no back up!) Can't wait till they open this morning! We're talking send me a return shipping lable (printable) and I want a courtesy small refund for this damned aggravation.
DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 DeX2010
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts
Falcons are great, they are fully tested and of course nothing is ever problem-free. They are the next best thing to building a PC plus you get First-Class support. Try getting a Mach-V. WitchE1, At least they tested it :-) I want to know what they do next.
mucgoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mucgoo
Member since 2010 • 317 Posts
This guys saying he got a $2000 budget and your recommending 2 gen old video cards. They can still run all game but a 460 would be more cost effective. Alos there is no reason for a 920 instead of a 760.
ravenguard90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ravenguard90
Member since 2005 • 3064 Posts

Just got a new Falcon NW Talon, fully loaded with their options. Ordered in early Nov and got it 2 weeks ago. They had issues in testing with the video card. So... we waited.. and waited. Finally it arrives. She's beautiful, runs great. Feels like I made a great 3k investment. Boot her up this morning and guess what.. one of the vid cards is squealing. WTH! As much as I paid and as long as I waited, I am livid. Anyone else have "issues during testing" and had to wait on new parts and then they just screw up? My review of them is ZERO at this point. Because I know, with the holidays, shipping, WAITING again, this PC will be out of here another 1 1./2 - 2 months! (This was my husband's Xmas gift and I stole his ram and graphics card from the old one, so no back up!) Can't wait till they open this morning! We're talking send me a return shipping lable (printable) and I want a courtesy small refund for this damned aggravation.WitchE1

Holy batman bump!

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 marcthpro
LOL ? I was the one who made Tjames A part back there oh well this bring lot of memory Ravenguard90 ! it was those month where i would post 80+ Message a week for help people
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
Self build is the most cost efficient though i wouldn't bash going with Digital or Falcon either, they make very good mahcines though it will cost you. MNPC is another company worth considering, they are gonna cost you a lot (but then are Falcon and Digital) however they're a small modding company and so they will build you literally anything you want, if you're ever seen a custom case showcasing a new GPU or CPU MNPC probably made it. HP-Voodoo and Dell-Alienware i'ld avoid for quality. Both make some good components (networking, monitors and printers) but for desktop PCs i'ld avoid them unless i needed them in bulk.
TJamesA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TJamesA

LOL, no more posting in this thread, u will probably get moderated! The guy who bumped this must not have been aware of the rules, this thread is nearly 2 years old and he just bumped it today!

Just want to say I have come to the realization that building your own is positively the way to go. However, if you do not want to or are able to build your own there are certainly top-notch companies that will build one for you (obviously for a price) and you will be charged more for parts than if you built your own. Newegg.com is the place to get started to build your own.

Like the previous poster mentioned, stay the hell away from HP and Dell Desktops or Laptops, they are very overpriced and lack the quality of the companies I list below, also they put a whole bunch of their own software and **** on the system that isn't at all necessary.

Some notable companies are:

Digital Storm

Origin PCs

Falcon Northwest

Velocity Micro