Diablo 3 vs. Skyrim vs. Dishonored vs. Counter Strike: GO

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Huggy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Huggy37
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I know everyone has there own personal likes and dislikes to different games, and to each their own...... I was hoping to get some players feedback on these three games as I have been out of the gaming world for awhile, the last games I got were Oblivion, Unreal Tournament and SWAT 4. These three games have to be on the top of my fav. list as well.... I have played Diablo 2 and I did enjoy it but found that I was playing it just to get to the next little cinematic movie. I really know nothing about Dishonored other then what I have seen on Gamespot , looks good but is the game one big keyboard map?? (do you have to map all the keys on the keyboard to make a good go of the game), one more into the mix Counter Strike: GO, I watched the review and seem like SWAT 4 in a way other then that I know nothing about the CS games. If I like SWAT 4 would it be safe to say I would like CS:GO?? Really guys any feedback would be good...... I am not to concerned with online play, I am more into the single player aspect of it then anything else.
SharkheadHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SharkheadHD
Member since 2012 • 227 Posts

If you hate online play then Diablo 3 is out.

If you like assassin stories get Dishonored.

If you like walking about aimlessly doing whatever you want, get Skyrim.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I really know nothing about Dishonored other then what I have seen on Gamespot , looks good but is the game one big keyboard map?? (do you have to map all the keys on the keyboard to make a good go of the game)Huggy37

Um... are you asking if the default controls are crappy? Or what? If that's the case.. no? It's pretty much a standard control scheme for a first person game. Perfectly fine. I remapped a couple things, just because I have extra buttons on my mouse that I like to use, and they're never mapped in default controls (for obvious reasons).

Anyways. If you're asking which of those games is better, honestly, they're all far too different to even bother comparing. It'd be very possible for any given person to absolutely love any one of them, and be bored to tears with the other two.

I've logged at least a couple dozen hours into all three, and still play them all regularly. Good stuff.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#4 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Diablo 3 - a steady game, you can play the whole thing with co-op but its far too safe for a developer as talented as Blizzard. The combat is fine but its very repetitive and monotonous.

Dishonored - one of the most over-hyped games of the last few years. Its like the game says to you 'you've got this many powers and you can explore here and find alternate pathways....actually don't worry about it. Those two powers will do and here's the main entrance!' Totally lacking in balance, some missions are laughably easy and can be finished in under 30 minutes.

Skyrim - great atmosphere, amazing detail in the world. There's just so much to do that its almost overwhelming. I need to play more of it.

Huggy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Huggy37
with the keyboard mapping, you answered the question fine thank you... I do see they are all far apart to make a true comparison but I think that there would be some base line likes / dislikes on all of them.... Like the Diablo 3 in the online review he said you have to be connected to the net all the time and this could make for some issues.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
I like D3 but it got boring for me, playing the same story over and over again to progress was just not a good idea in my opinion. Skyrim is awesome and I have heard good things about dishonored.
MaKillaGorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 MaKillaGorilla
Member since 2011 • 292 Posts

You know Diablo 3 was pretty good until I got to inferno. I broke both my chair and headphones from that sh*t and im not even an angry person. So it has around 100+ hrs to offer. Counter Strike GO as someone so boldly put plays like Left 4 Dead ( a game id strongly suggest if you havent) which is fine but is a little too lofty for competitive multi. Dishonored is fantastic. I love almost everything about this game. I play it with a gamepad so I have no idea how it is w/ m k/b. its a bit short honestly regardless of how you play it. If you liked Oblivion, get Skyrim. Almost too many things you can do, second life level of things.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#8 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
well considering you are concerned with single player you can forget counter-strike go entirely. Skyrim is the best of the rest, an exceptional world with loads of things to do. Bethesda are the true masters of the open world gameplay. Diablo 3 and Dishonored are capable games, a toss up to which gets second place. However if you didn't really like the D2 combat then I don't see you enjoying 90% of Diablo 3.
Huggy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Huggy37
Thanks all for the input... I picked up Skyrim tonight and will spend some time tomorrow night playing around with it.....
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#10 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Haven't tried most of them, BUT...

Diablo III is not as good as Diablo II. It's shorter, easier and the loot drops are poorly paced. I haven't played it since it first came out, so I don't know if these things have been addressed.

The other three are completely over my head at the moment. But I came away disappointed from Diablo III. The other three I would like to try eventually, particularly Skyrim.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#11 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

I think you will find, of all the games, Skyrim will give you the most hours. With tons of mods out there to enhance and extend gameplay, it's definitely worth it's value.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Hated the original counter-strike and have no intention of getting any future iterations since they're all the same anyway.

Dishonored I liked because games that allow freedom of approach always impress me.

Skyrim I liked because it's Skyrim and for the same reason as Dishonored.

Diablo 3 is just plain addictive and has Blizzard's trademark skill of immersion.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Hated the original counter-strike and have no intention of getting any future iterations since they're all the same anyway.

Dishonored I liked because games that allow freedom of approach always impress me.

Diablo 3 is just plain addictive and has Blizzard's trademark skill of immersion.

Starshine_M2A2

Hated the original counter-strike ?! 0_0. I wish the mid-age inquisition would exist till today so you get burned for your blasphemy. Hating counter-strike is like hating having been giving birth.

Let me introduce you to the history of gaming: In the beginning, there was void, no competitive multiplayer-focused warfare shooters at all. Then Counter created the heavens and the earth, and Counter said "Let there be COD; and there was COD. Let there be Battlefield; and there was Battlefield.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#14 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"]

jhonMalcovich

Hated the original counter-strike ?! 0_0. I wish the mid-age inquisition would exist till today so you get burned for your blasphemy. Hating counter-strike is like hating having been giving birth.

Let me introduce you to the history of gaming: In the beginning, there was void, no competitive multiplayer-focused warfare shooters at all. Then Counter created the heavens and the earth, and Counter said "Let there be COD; and there was COD. Let there be Battlefield; and there was Battlefield.

Ironic that you'd consider a game as soulless as Counter-Strike being a representation of birth... And few people consider the subsequent saturation of the market with military shooters to be a good thing. So, in a lot of ways Counter-Strike is actually the antichrist...