Diablo 3 Completed...

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

http://games.on.net/article/15604/Diablo_III_Launches_Already_Completed_in_Korea_Despite_Rocky_Start

Honeslty, why WHY WHY would you hurry?

I've waited 12 years for this game, I want it to last as long as possible. I'm going to investigate every corner, savour every dialogue, enjoy every moment...

I just don't understand these people.

Also, server problems are beginning to show....good thing I'm waiting till the weekend to buy it.

mazzwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mazzwh
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
LOL.me to .i will play diablo 3 now.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
It's fine already, having a blast :P.
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
has blizzard stated how long the average length of the single player is? Like you guys, I plan on taking my time and really Enjoy my purchase.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Just on normal right? The servers are up already? I will be playign tomorrow afternoon with my buddies. Gotta wait for my CE to arrive from amazon :). And beating it on normal is not finishing it. Hell beating it on Inferno is not finishing it. it is about loot :P.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

People play games differently, some people like to race through and be one of the first to beat the game while others like to take it slow. I wouldn't let other people's play style bother you that much even if it does seem weird to you.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside

People play games differently, some people like to race through and be one of the first to beat the game while others like to take it slow. I wouldn't let other people's play style bother you that much even if it does seem weird to you.

Croag821
Yeah I guess ur right. It's just that to me it looks like ur not taking advantage of ur purchase if it only lasts 3 hours....
Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts
[QUOTE="Croag821"]

FelipeInside
Yeah I guess ur right. It's just that to me it looks like ur not taking advantage of ur purchase if it only lasts 3 hours....

Who says they won't take advantage of it after doing the speed run? They have all the time in the world to enjoy it.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Croag821"]

Prexxus

Who says they won't take advantage of it after doing the speed run? They have all the time in the world to enjoy it.

Yes, but the first time is always the best cause everything is new.
Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Prexxus"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Yeah I guess ur right. It's just that to me it looks like ur not taking advantage of ur purchase if it only lasts 3 hours....

It's a dungeon crawler :P Nothing new here!
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Prexxus"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Prexxus"] Who says they won't take advantage of it after doing the speed run? They have all the time in the world to enjoy it.

It's a dungeon crawler :P Nothing new here!

The locations, the bosses, the story, the characters.... all new on ur first playthrough.
jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

some people have different goals.

Sentinel112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sentinel112
Member since 2006 • 571 Posts
Diablo 3 fans will get what they deserve.
dav2693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dav2693
Member since 2010 • 423 Posts

Already completed? What the hell...

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NaveedLife

dav2693

can someone please answer (if they know) me what "completed" means? If it is just normal, big woop.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

[QUOTE="dav2693"]

NaveedLife

can someone please answer (if they know) me what "completed" means? If it is just normal, big woop.

Yeah. They've beaten Normal.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="dav2693"]

NaveedLife

Means they went through the whole campaign in Normal Mode, skipping every bit they could. (as in cutscenes, dialogue etc)
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#18 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

http://games.on.net/article/15604/Diablo_III_Launches_Already_Completed_in_Korea_Despite_Rocky_Start

I've waited 12 years for this game, I want it to last as long as possible. I'm going to investigate every corner, savour every dialogue, enjoy every moment...

Also, server problems are beginning to show....good thing I'm waiting till the weekend to buy it.

FelipeInside

Hey, I recall that you're Australian, so I strongly suggest that you buy today. Dick Smith and Big W are heavily undercutting the retail price for one day only. $56 and $58 respectively.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="dav2693"]

FelipeInside

Means they went through the whole campaign in Normal Mode, skipping every bit they could. (as in cutscenes, dialogue etc)

Hahah right. To each their own, but that is not even much of an accomplishment. Completing Inferno is an accomplishment ;). Cannot wait to lose myself in DIII :). I expect to beat act 1 and maybe a bit of 2 by the end of tomorrow. I only have 5 - 6 hours probably so we will see. I am going to listen to everything the first time.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

illmatic87

Hey, I recall that you're Australian, so I strongly suggest that you buy today. Dick Smith and Big W are heavily undercutting the retail price for one day only. $56 and $58 respectively.

Thanks MAN !!! I just rang Dick Smith and they are reserving one for me for tomorrow ($59). Ur awesome, EB Games has it at $88.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#21 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
No probs. Even though I was a dollar off :P. I should really start nagging retailers by calling them.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside

No probs. Even though I was a dollar off :P. I should really start nagging retailers by calling them.illmatic87

Dick Smith

The guy said that every Dick Smith store has ordered 30 copies of D3 (except the really small stores).

antics101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 antics101
Member since 2010 • 56 Posts

There might be an achievement for beating all of D3 under 6hrs... lol

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I'm going to start my first playthrough on Nightmare. And then start up another playthrough on HELL with some friends. :D
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside
I'm going to start my first playthrough on Nightmare. And then start up another playthrough on HELL with some friends. :DElann2008
What are the difficulty levels and what do each mean/feature?
James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

I'm going to start my first playthrough on Nightmare. And then start up another playthrough on HELL with some friends. :DElann2008

You can't skip difficulty levels like that.

• Normal - 1-30
  • Nightmare - 31-50
  • Hell - 51-60
  • Inferno - 60 only
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I'm going to start my first playthrough on Nightmare. And then start up another playthrough on HELL with some friends. :DJames00715

• Normal - 1-30
  • Nightmare - 31-50
  • Hell - 51-60
  • Inferno - 60 only

Ok, so basically EVERYONE has to start on Normal? And then when they get past level 30 they can go to Nightmare and so on?
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I'm going to start my first playthrough on Nightmare. And then start up another playthrough on HELL with some friends. :DJames00715

• Normal - 1-30
  • Nightmare - 31-50
  • Hell - 51-60
  • Inferno - 60 only

Damn! Well I hope Normal 1-30 isn't a walk in the park.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Elann2008
[QUOTE="James00715"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I'm going to start my first playthrough on Nightmare. And then start up another playthrough on HELL with some friends. :DFelipeInside

• Normal - 1-30
  • Nightmare - 31-50
  • Hell - 51-60
  • Inferno - 60 only

Ok, so basically EVERYONE has to start on Normal? And then when they get past level 30 they can go to Nightmare and so on?

Yeah seems so. Looks like they have difficulty level switch "on the fly."
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="James00715"]

• Normal - 1-30
  • Nightmare - 31-50
  • Hell - 51-60
  • Inferno - 60 only
Elann2008

I like it. It's like a big leveling game so you always have something to look forward to.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 XaosII

Ok, so basically EVERYONE has to start on Normal? And then when they get past level 30 they can go to Nightmare and so on?Elann2008

Not exactly. Those are the level ranges recommended for you to start those difficulties. You can certainly beat Normal at level 28 or 29. Beating the game in one mode will unlock the next difficulty. Those are roughly the level ranges you should start and end at.

Normal is likely going to be fairly easy. Anyone, from the most casual of players, should be able to beat normal. Its intended for you to play the game and see the entirety of the story. Inferno will be the balls-to-the-walls difficult.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Elann2008
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Ok, so basically EVERYONE has to start on Normal? And then when they get past level 30 they can go to Nightmare and so on?

I like it. It's like a big leveling game so you always have something to look forward to.

Absolutely. :)
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Ok, so basically EVERYONE has to start on Normal? And then when they get past level 30 they can go to Nightmare and so on?XaosII

Not really. Those are the level ranges recommended for you to start those difficulties. You can certainly beat Normal at level 28 or 29. Beating the game in one mode will unlock the next difficulty. Those are roughly the level ranges you should start and end at.

Normal is likely going to be fairly easy. Anyone, from the most casual of players, should be able to beat normal. Its intended for you to play the game and see the entirety of the story. Inferno will be the balls-to-the-walls difficult.

Ahh I see. Thank you.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
I plan on beating it 3 times before I put it down. I want to unlock Inferno.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FelipeInside
I plan on beating it 3 times before I put it down. I want to unlock Inferno.SKaREO
Inferno u need a grp of level 60 right?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FelipeInside
I'm really torn between BARBARIAN and WITCH DOCTOR. I used Paladin in Diablo1+2 and therefore like to bash things like the Barbarian. But I loved my Undead Warlock in WoW and I love creating dead minions so I just don't know...
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 XaosII

[QUOTE="SKaREO"]I plan on beating it 3 times before I put it down. I want to unlock Inferno.FelipeInside

Enemies scale to your group; Each additional party member increases enemy damage and health by quite a bit. You can, theoretically, beat inferno by yourself. It'll likely be harder than in a group. Even though the enemies deal less damage and have less health by yourself, a group will have a wider range of abilitie sand utility skills to deal with challenges.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Elann2008

I'm really torn between BARBARIAN and WITCH DOCTOR. I used Paladin in Diablo1+2 and therefore like to bash things like the Barbarian. But I loved my Undead Warlock in WoW and I love creating dead minions so I just don't know...FelipeInside

I'm going with Barbarian, and I'm deadset on it. Initially, I wanted to start off with Demon Hunter or Monk, but Barbarian is really just my thing. I always start a game with a Warrior-like character unless there's a Paladin class.

I was torn between Monk and Barbarian. Monk has swift movements and abilities, with auras. So it's like a Paladin+Assassin? I don't know if that's the proper way to classify it. But you really can't go wrong with Monk.

Witch doctor looks like a lot of fun. You can summon all sorts of creatures and minions like the fire-birds, frogs, and the Gargantuan! If you do plan to play as a Witch Doctor, you have a Barb-player right here at your access. :P

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SKaREO

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="SKaREO"]I plan on beating it 3 times before I put it down. I want to unlock Inferno.XaosII

Enemies scale to your group; Each additional party member increases enemy damage and health by quite a bit. You can, theoretically, beat inferno by yourself. It'll likely be harder than in a group. Even though the enemies deal less damage and have less health by yourself, a group will have a wider range of abilitie sand utility skills to deal with challenges.

I'm sure it could be done solo, but you're definitely going to want a group for the utility. Sometimes a combination of abilities and spells will make a huge difference. To be honest, Inferno is not something I would want to do solo. There's just not enough inventory for potions when your character can potentially experience a permanent death.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="XaosII"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Inferno u need a grp of level 60 right?SKaREO

I'm sure it could be done solo, but you're definitely going to want a group for the utility. Sometimes a combination of abilities and spells will make a huge difference. To be honest, Inferno is not something I would want to do solo. There's just not enough inventory for potions when your character can potentially experience a permanent death.

Permanent Death?
jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

I hope this was worth the $60 unlike Tortanic.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 XaosII

Permanent Death?FelipeInside

Beating the game once unlocks the next difficulty and an optional "Hardcore Mode"

You can make a new Level 1 character with hardcore mode after that. Dieing in hardcore mode is a permanent death.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Elann2008

jakes456
How dare you compare Diablo 3 to TORtanic? xD (I kid).
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Elann2008

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Permanent Death?XaosII

Beating the game once unlocks the next difficulty and an optional "Hardcore Mode"

You can make a new Level 1 character with hardcore mode after that. Dieing in hardcore mode is a permanent death.

Holy ballz.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SKaREO
[QUOTE="SKaREO"][QUOTE="XaosII"]

FelipeInside

Permanent Death?

Yeah after you beat the game on Normal you can play in Hardcore mode which means that if your character dies, it is permanent.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FelipeInside

jakes456
Why WHY WHY f****** compare? Why does every thread have to have SWTOR in it.
ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts
I thought getting to level 10 unlocks hardcore?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FelipeInside
I thought getting to level 10 unlocks hardcore?ssvegeta555
Everyone is saying Hardcore Mode unlocks when you beat the game once. Which would make sense.