Diablo 2 installation problem XP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IvanKavinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 IvanKavinski
Member since 2006 • 274 Posts

So i recently dug out my old Diablo 2/LoD CD's in order to register my CD Keys to my Battle.net account...

I tried installing from the CD and whether I put the expansion or original discs in, it would tell me to "Insert Expansion Disc" every time.

So, frustrated, I downloaded the digital copy from Battle.net... When I launch this installer it pops up with "Play Diablo 2" instead of Install Diablo 2 like it should... When I click Play or Uninstall, nothing happens... When I go to Add/Remove programs, Diablo isn't on the list...

Any suggestions?

IvanKavinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 IvanKavinski
Member since 2006 • 274 Posts

Think I figured it out... NEVERMIND!

cylon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 cylon87
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Dude, can you remember how you fixed it? I am having the same problem and can't figure it out!
Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts
I'm not sure how he fixed it but I would reccomend registering your game on battle net and then just downloading it off their website if you can't get it working with your disc.
zkaede9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zkaede9
Member since 2010 • 40 Posts
Dude, can you remember how you fixed it? I am having the same problem and can't figure it out!cylon87
pls share it..
cylon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cylon87
I downloaded it off of battle net the first time and registered it.. I don't have a disk. But i emailed blizzard support and they said it might take 72 hours for it to register and to try again until that time is up. So hopefully that will work haha
cylon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cylon87
Heard back from Blizzard and followed what they told me and it worked and my game runs fine now. Here is what they told me to do: "After you download it, you should be able to run the installation file to start that process. If it is giving you just a play screen then it is possible there are still some remnants of the game files on your computer which need to be removed before a fresh installation. Find and remove the Diablo II folder and all of its contents." hope this helps if anyone else is still having the same problem..