Deus ex human revoliution delayed......A LOT!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Source

Something inside me just died when i saw that :(

Ill just erase this game from my hype memory and catch up again in a couple of years.

Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts

A full year just to polish a game? I hope its polished then, and not gone to waste.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

yeh it was looking great, but there are a lot of good games out in 2011 so the delay isn't that bad :)

XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
So long as it does not go the route of Duke Nukem FOREVER, I don't mind.
icyseanfitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 icyseanfitz
Member since 2006 • 2493 Posts

o god square get yer act together this game will end up vaporware just like FF versus xiii, look at bioware churning out games like crazy ye will have to get better if ye want to stay alive in the rpg market square

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dakan45
It does not make sense to me, a full year for polish when they are making preorder trailers with extra weapons?
icyseanfitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 icyseanfitz
Member since 2006 • 2493 Posts

i do think we will get it this year around may/june there is no way in hell its 2012 because for 1 the world will have ended then and 2 we already have some gameplay clips

1oh1nine1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 1oh1nine1
Member since 2007 • 779 Posts

The fiscal year is different from the calendar year. It actually ends in spring, so it should still be out in 2011.

Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts

It does not make sense to me, a full year for polish when they are making preorder trailers with extra weapons?dakan45

Don't know, maybe they're trying to avoid pulling a FF14?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Sounds a bit odd to me, all things considered.

I am beginning to get a bit cautious about this game, if we are talking about a year here, something must be very badly broken.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Hmm seems like the whole FF XIV fiasco made SE realize that unpolished games will cost them revenues. Oh well, at least my wallet will be breathing a little bit easier next year.
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

you dont need a whole year for polish. its obvious the game wasnt even complete and with Final Fantasy XIV flopping big time critically and sales wise, it has forced SE to reconsider their approach with Deus Ex which means they now want to release a good game rather than a half-assed game they originally planned to release. had Final Fantasy been good sales wise than im sure SE would have gone ahead with Deus Ex HRs originalrelease date

kingmav222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 kingmav222
Member since 2004 • 493 Posts

It is still coming out in 2011, it's been pushed back to April, that's all.

dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts

I highly doubt that it'll take a year. If they were as prepared to ship as they seemed, I can't imagine them taking more than 6 months.

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
one full year polish ? is this a joke ? i remember AP delayed for polished and then nothing was done :lol:
Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

next fiscal year starts from Q3 2011. not a full calendar year. so it's gonna be delayed about 4-6 months.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

I smell something fishy. A whole year is suspicious and I wonder what the real motiviation is. I wonder if early play testing has revealed that this game sucks and now they are doing a major rewrite. Maybe they are giving it the Duke Nukem Forever or Alan Wake treatment. And before April 2012, I am sure they will announce additional delays for even more "polish".

And to their claim that they are trying to make it true to the original, give us all a break. It can never be true to the original unless it was being developed first and foremost for the pc, which it is not. At best, it will be slightly better than that thing which Ion Storm created, but still coming up very short to the original. And the modern graphics will not hide that.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

next fiscal year starts from Q3 2011. not a full calendar year. so it's gonna be delayed about 4-6 months.

groowagon

The article said it is likely to be released before April, 2012, and the original due date was March 2011. Assuming they take the entire fiscal year to "polish" it up, it will indeed be a full year delay.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#19 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Very upset at the news for this major reason: Only god knows when we will be seeing THIEF 4!!! Upsetting!

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dakan45
[QUOTE="badtaker"]one full year polish ? is this a joke ? i remember AP delayed for polished and then nothing was done :lol:

Dont remind me, i was one of those fools who defended the delay in the excuse of getting polished. From now on, when delay is at hand, i can only think "fail to deliver" Also i get the feeling they do this because their last few games did badly and since they spend a crapload of money on deus ex trailers, they decided to spend more on the game itself. Damn, i just want for once things to go well, is that too much to ask.
pcgamer_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 pcgamer_07
Member since 2007 • 1164 Posts

Thats a shame coming so close and with all the trailers, pre-order content they've released and its legacy if the game has fallen short of the hype and expectations. Still I'd rather wait if it means making it a better game and getting it right. I voted for it in the gs most anticipated game of early 2011 category its second atm. Hope its not a full year that would be very concerning.

TruedUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TruedUp
Member since 2002 • 691 Posts

Yeah this news suck the big one. Like someone mentioned before me, not only do we have to wait, but now it really makes you wonder if the game is good enough.

We can only hope, right?

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 EvilSelf

I smell something fishy here...I dont know if you guys know but since SE is posting record losses/or record low profits (pick one), i think they might be trying to delay any releases coming out in the first quarter of next year due to so called "balancing the accounting books or in a way "not including Deus EX's expenses into this year's balance sheet"...I am sure somebody with more know-how in accounting will be able to give better explanation. I am coming from the fact that in different spheres (sports for example) i have witnessed players being purchased by a sports club (soccer) during one year, but the actual funds used for purchasing that "asset" (player) is transfered the next year due to tax purposes. As i said i am suspecting SE is doing something similar/trying to balance the losses by not including the expenditure for the development of Deus Ex...

Otherwise, i have never heard of a game being polished for one year...

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

A year to "further polish" the game? Something else is going on behind the scenes.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dakan45

I smell something fishy here...I dont know if you guys know but since SE is posting record losses/or record low profits (pick one), i think they might be trying to delay any releases coming out in the first quarter of next year due to so called "balancing the accounting books or in a way "not including Deus EX's expenses into this year's balance sheet"...I am sure somebody with more know-how in accounting will be able to give better explanation. I am coming from the fact that in different spheres (sports for example) i have witnessed players being purchased by a sports club (soccer) during one year, but the actual funds used for purchasing that "asset" (player) is transfered the next year due to tax purposes. As i said i am suspecting SE is doing something similar/trying to balance the losses by not including the expenditure for the development of Deus Ex...

EvilSelf
That could very well be the case. Thats why they use the fiscal year. By the way, nice Johan avatar.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 EvilSelf

[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

dakan45

That could very well be the case. Thats why they use the fiscal year. By the way, nice Johan avatar.

Thanks man. Glad you know him....

ralph2190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ralph2190
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts

Noooooo this is terrible news. Why are they doing this to us..

Only good thing out of this is that my wallet will have some relief in 2011 :)

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 EvilSelf

Noooooo this is terrible news. Why are they doing this to us..

Only good thing out of this is that my wallet will have some relief in 2011 :)

ralph2190

I looked at it this way as well...It felt kind of better.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58534 Posts

I dont care when it comes out, provided it has polish, excellent gameplay, and plenty of depth.

Plenty of games to play over the next year or two

Avatar image for deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
Member since 2004 • 4403 Posts

Now i'm curious. I wonder if Square Enix might be going into a min-panic attack over their huge decrease in revenues and would plan to protect their investment by intervening with the game design and forcing changes into the game hence the substantial delay...

hmm.....

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
It may not be delayed entirely for polishing. Companies will often delay or push products back into their next fiscal year if they expect the current one will be bad financially. Then the next year, when their newer better products do well, it looks as if the company has had a major financial recovery. I think I'm explaining this poorly, but basically: push out all the bad financial and earnings reports/news in one fiscal year, move any positive or potentially positive news into the next fiscal year. So the first fiscal year is loaded with bad news while the next fiscal year is loaded with good news, which gives the appearance the company has fully recovered and exceeded earnings expectations (which are established partially through the previous year's poor earnings).
kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts
I'm actually quite glad it's being delayed - they did the same with DX1 and Half-Life, and just look at what a little extra time can do for a game's quality.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

It may not be delayed entirely for polishing. Companies will often delay or push products back into their next fiscal year if they expect the current one will be bad financially. Then the next year, when their newer better products do well, it looks as if the company has had a major financial recovery. I think I'm explaining this poorly, but basically: push out all the bad financial and earnings reports/news in one fiscal year, move any positive or potentially positive news into the next fiscal year. So the first fiscal year is loaded with bad news while the next fiscal year is loaded with good news, which gives the appearance the company has fully recovered and exceeded earnings expectations (which are established partially through the previous year's poor earnings).cametall

yeah propably something like this. polishing for a whole year just doesn't seem right. then again, i don't see why they wouldn't just release it right after the fiscal year changes...

i'm not so sad cos it wasn't the no.1 on my list of most anticipated games of 2011. there's plenty of good titles coming next year. hope the delay pays off, though.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

What I really want to know is how "unpolished" was the product they were planning to ship? Are they just being extra careful, or were they planning to release a noticeably flawed product before the Final Fantasy failure?

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#35 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
They invested their resources in the wrong game (FF14) when they should have been working on Deus Ex. This is a HUGE push-back. Absurd if you ask me. But if it means the game will be "much better," fine. I thought Q1 2011 was way too soon for them, but I wasn't expecting to hear 2012.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
a full year? is this a joke?
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Yea a full year to polish. They either have dumb assess working on this game, or something else is up.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

A full year just to polish a game? I hope its polished then, and not gone to waste.

Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Square has been pushing games out FAR to early. Look at Final Fantasy 14. That game needs 2 more years of development before it can even be called complete. They are taking a step back and making sure this thing is done right. A smart move. The game is only going to get better because of this.