Deus Ex - first time

This topic is locked from further discussion.

maxblais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 maxblais
Member since 2008 • 69 Posts

I tought I would be disapointed of this game because i had good expectations after reading all the good comments on it.
It shows it's an old game (bad A.I, graphics)but if you put that aside, the game is really well designed.

-The use of powerUp to improve your character (crysis ?..)
-Your decisions really affect the game
-Nice level design, lot of details even with those old graphics, found it pretty fun to be in Hong Kong, and hear the people speak cantonese, It feels different to play somewhere else than New York like 90% of others game out here
-All the dialogs are pretty interesting/funny

Well I just arrived in Paris - Denfert-Rochereau now... Pretty cool since i've visited this place also,
don't spoil the end for me ! :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

hehe, Yeh ^^ this game is one of those that does the "graphics matter what now?" thing... It looks old, it did even when it was released. But the detail put in the world, the gameplay mechanincs, and generela flow of teh game, makes it better then most modern titles.

There is room for thought, but it aint slow, it has a few puzzles, and you have to look for ways to move about, and there are usually far more ways to do things then youd expect.

It really is a great great game which I like alot. I it not my afvorite game, but it is really high up the list.

It is nice that the game changes things up from time to time, and that the game is not just one blring slugfest with less braincells required then buttens needs pressing.