Destiny 2 base free (until the 18th)

#1 Posted by PredatorRules (12281 posts) -

Don't know if you aware of this or not but it's all over the net.

All you need to do is to sign for Battlenet download the client and receive the gift.

#2 Posted by attirex (1482 posts) -

Saw that. Too bad this game is universally despised.

#3 Posted by bigfootpart2 (1136 posts) -

80GB install. Game looks painfully mediocre. Free is too much for this game. Pay me an hourly rate to play it and I might waste my time. Lol at anyone who paid actual money for this trash.

#4 Posted by attirex (1482 posts) -

See? Lol.

#5 Posted by PredatorRules (12281 posts) -

@attirex: Haha I see that now, I do agree that Destiny games are poor copy cat products of Borderlands in the whole idea. (video impressions only)

But until I wait for Borderlands 3 to come out there's no better game for me to try right now, aside from replaying previous Borderlands games again.

#6 Edited by mrbojangles25 (42325 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

@attirex: Haha I see that now, I do agree that Destiny games are poor copy cat products of Borderlands in the whole idea. (video impressions only)

But until I wait for Borderlands 3 to come out there's no better game for me to try right now, aside from replaying previous Borderlands games again.

or play Warframe, a better game that scratches the same itch.

also for free.

Don't be duped, folks; they got to a certain point where they were not selling the base game, so now they have to sell DLC. How do you increase DLC sales? Get more people playing the base game. They're not doing this because they're feeling charitable, they're doing this to get your money. How much DLC did they have for Destiny 1? Like 200 dollars worth?

Free is free and I don't like to look a gift horse in the mouth, but Destiny 2 is a game I got for free (a while ago) and I STILL regret owning it.

#7 Posted by PredatorRules (12281 posts) -

@mrbojangles25: Game feels cheap, weak start - at one time violin plays sad music at start for no reason - didn't even connected to any characters? who though of this bad idea anyway? , large weapons that blocking half of the screen including huge environments and enemies (got to change the FoV), poor menu (thanks consoles), main character doesn't talk (Master Chief copy cat), people said they've copies Warframe weapons but I didn't got that far, throws grenades just like in Halo (Bungie). I just passed the tutorial and I must say I think Borderlands Pre Sequel is better than this.

#8 Posted by PETERAKO (1956 posts) -

Obviously, they are trying to 1)boost their playerbase 2)get people to buy the forsaken expansion and 3)get people to install battle.net.

As for the game, it is like borderlands, and I believe it is in a very fundamental level, where the foundation is borderlands which is then sprinkled with different mechanics. Guns are a bit boring so far. I had given it a try back when it first came out, but I cant remember much to compare it with all the changed they made. Anyway, it is not terrible or anything, but so far is not all that remarkable. For one the story is not all that great and the guns rarely go beyond your regular guns just with different stats. I am dissapointed that they havent given forsaken too, since I hear it has a better story, but ow well.

#9 Edited by Litchie (22605 posts) -

If you are like me, think the game looks an awful, repetitive, derivative and hollow but is still interested in knowing why some people like it and why it gets great reviews, and decides to play it for 5 hours now that it's free to find out - Don't.

The game is the worst piece of shit I've played in a long time, and why people like it and why review sites gives it great reviews is now an even bigger mystery. I mean, I knew the game was shit, but even I underestimated how shit it was. If this is what we have in store for future Bungie projects... wow.. The only thing that would make me play it again is if I was paid doing it. And even then I'd hesitate. <-- And that's not even hyperbole.

#10 Posted by VFighter (4012 posts) -

@Litchie: Wow great review, so full of wonderful insight such as "piece of shit", or "game was shit" or my personal favorite "how shit it was". You truly have a gift for writing and reviews, please don't waste it.

#11 Edited by Litchie (22605 posts) -
@vfighter said:

@Litchie: Wow great review, so full of wonderful insight such as "piece of shit", or "game was shit" or my personal favorite "how shit it was". You truly have a gift for writing and reviews, please don't waste it.

So where did I say that was a review exactly?

I could explain exactly why the game is terrible by doing a serious review, but figured it wasn't worth my time. Someone out there probably has already. Just wanted to warn people who were like me, thought the game looked bad but still curious. I'm sparing them the huge waste of time of trying the game out. Downloading 80GB to to be greeted by one of the worst games created in years wasn't fun.

#12 Posted by mrbojangles25 (42325 posts) -

So I beat the main campaign, now what do I do? I'm level 26, about 260 item level...power...whatever.

I'd love to party up with some folks but...no chat. There's a "local chat" but I am not sure what that does as it is dead silent all the time. No general chat, no way to ask "Hey can I join your clan?". A little frustrating, because I feel there is a solid community out there but no way to get in touch with it.

Tried some community things in random areas, they're fun for a bit but there's only about three or four of them per planet, and only about four planets. Honestly, am I the only person shocked at how small Destiny 2 is?