desktop or laptop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metroid_mario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 metroid_mario
Member since 2005 • 1913 Posts
Which type of computer would you buy it laptop or desktop computer budget $1200
CYSYKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 CYSYKO
Member since 2003 • 573 Posts
desktop! if you compared a $1200 laptop and a $1200 desktop. unless there was some extreme cirumstance the desktop would smoke the laptop. you can build a nice desktop PC with $1200.
metroid_mario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 metroid_mario
desktop! if you compared a $1200 laptop and a $1200 desktop. unless there was some extreme cirumstance the desktop would smoke the laptop. you can build a nice desktop PC with $1200.CYSYKO
yeah your right about that my current computer is almost 5 year old got it way back in 2001 dell 4300 p4 1.6 , 512 ram, fx 5200 120 gb..
SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts
I had been asking myself the same question for the past few weeks but decided to go with a dektop, which I just ordered yesterday. I'm assuming you want it for gaming based on the forum you're in, so a dektop is definitly the way to go considering the fact that gaming laptops are very expensive. For $1200 you'll be able to get a nice desktop with a higher-end GeForce 7 series card. I'm about to be the happy owner of a GeForce 8800GTS when my PC comes, but that pushed my final price to over $2000. But anyway, my recommendation is definitly a desktop.
metroid_mario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 metroid_mario
I had been asking myself the same question for the past few weeks but decided to go with a dektop, which I just ordered yesterday. I'm assuming you want it for gaming based on the forum you're in, so a dektop is definitly the way to go considering the fact that gaming laptops are very expensive. For $1200 you'll be able to get a nice desktop with a higher-end GeForce 7 series card. I'm about to be the happy owner of a GeForce 8800GTS when my PC comes, but that pushed my final price to over $2000. But anyway, my recommendation is definitly a desktop.SuddenlyTragic
nice man for $1200 without monitor offcrouse I can get a laptop but wont match agenist a desktop spec for same price i am paying for laptop Right... and latop arent fixable no upgradele like desktop..... those are my problem i see on laptop.Offcrous I want to play crysis,Download music,movie,etc stuff like that.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Def, desktop......but I have both Desktop and laptop. I have a gamingPC custom built, not done yet, it will be in two days cuz Im getting a better graphicscard.

-You have enough money for a nice gamingPC for sure. Yeah, $1600 to $2000 is what you'll see a real nice one.

Avatar image for christhepenguin
christhepenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 christhepenguin
Member since 2005 • 583 Posts
Desktop is superior when it cmoes to gaming.  When I'm working though, an Apple laptop is fantastic.  That's mostly because the only thing Macs are good at is work crap.
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 Cerza
Member since 2005 • 1946 Posts
I would build a desktop. Labtops don't work for gaming.
zeeinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 zeeinc
Member since 2004 • 163 Posts
Desktop..