Dead Space, Dead SPace, Dead Space...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KINGofSCISSORS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KINGofSCISSORS
Member since 2009 • 120 Posts
Should I buy it. I read the quick review somewhere and it sounds good. My computed will play it amazingly. And plus I just got a new Speaker System... But should I buy it? Does it play well on PC? P.S Reason why I'm asking is because all I have now is Empire Total War. Thanks :)
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
Yes, it's an almost perfect game...
Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Tresca_
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

Yeah. I would recommend it as well.

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
I would also recommend it. It's an amazing experience. If it wasn't for Fallout 3, Dead Space would have been my GOTY 2008.
MrNacaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MrNacaa
Member since 2006 • 510 Posts
Currently playing it on 360, and its awesome so far. I am on Chapter 5 atm, and I am pretty thrilled that I still have so much to experience.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#6 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
many people seem to hate the close in over the shoulder view, if you don't you will like it.
Papitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Papitar
Member since 2008 • 2377 Posts

It's a bit clumsy, not that scary, lots of backtracking, but besides that, a really great game!

Mr__Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mr__Peanut
Member since 2008 • 828 Posts

The first few levels are really easy but by chapter 7ish you start getting swarmed by seemingly endless waves of monsters. It can be frustrating and unforgiving, but it's one of the few games that mosters are actually scary because they can murder you.

Mr__Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mr__Peanut
Member since 2008 • 828 Posts

appearently i can barely speak english

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

GET IT RIGHT NOW !!!

TheDuffman26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheDuffman26
Member since 2006 • 1346 Posts
I just started playing it and it's SCARY! But I'm a wuss that way so yeah. So far it's pretty good, so I recommend it.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
I just started playing it and it's SCARY! But I'm a wuss that way so yeah. So far it's pretty good, so I recommend it.TheDuffman26
Ur not a wuss,,,, it bloody scared the living life out of me.... play it with headphones, lights out....YEAH
TheDuffman26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheDuffman26
[QUOTE="TheDuffman26"]I just started playing it and it's SCARY! But I'm a wuss that way so yeah. So far it's pretty good, so I recommend it.FelipeInside
Ur not a wuss,,,, it bloody scared the living life out of me.... play it with headphones, lights out....YEAH

Wow you're a trooper if you played the game like that. I just wanted to say one more thing about this game that annoys me. The whole feel of the mouse feels off. Aiming, moving around, even navigating through the menu feels like the mouse is lagging just a bit and it throws my game off bad. I'm used to counterstrike reflexes so maybe that's just me? I don't know. Anyone else have this problem?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="TheDuffman26"]I just started playing it and it's SCARY! But I'm a wuss that way so yeah. So far it's pretty good, so I recommend it.TheDuffman26

Wow you're a trooper if you played the game like that. I just wanted to say one more thing about this game that annoys me. The whole feel of the mouse feels off. Aiming, moving around, even navigating through the menu feels like the mouse is lagging just a bit and it throws my game off bad. I'm used to counterstrike reflexes so maybe that's just me? I don't know. Anyone else have this problem?

I had it at the start....but then I got used to it. The closeness of the camera to the character is on purpose to immerse you even more. I always play Horror games with headphones (or speakers loud), by myself and light out.... why play a horror game and not get scared...
psp-freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 psp-freak
Member since 2005 • 528 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="TheDuffman26"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Ur not a wuss,,,, it bloody scared the living life out of me.... play it with headphones, lights out....YEAH

I had it at the start....but then I got used to it. The closeness of the camera to the character is on purpose to immerse you even more. I always play Horror games with headphones (or speakers loud), by myself and light out.... why play a horror game and not get scared...

Turn off V-Sync to fix the mouse...... or turn it on, i don't remember, whatever the default isn't
TheDuffman26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheDuffman26
[QUOTE="TheDuffman26"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Wow you're a trooper if you played the game like that. I just wanted to say one more thing about this game that annoys me. The whole feel of the mouse feels off. Aiming, moving around, even navigating through the menu feels like the mouse is lagging just a bit and it throws my game off bad. I'm used to counterstrike reflexes so maybe that's just me? I don't know. Anyone else have this problem?FelipeInside

Turn off V-Sync to fix the mouse...... or turn it on, i don't remember, whatever the default isn't

Turned off V-sync and now the mouse is perfect, thanks.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="TheDuffman26"] I had it at the start....but then I got used to it. The closeness of the camera to the character is on purpose to immerse you even more. I always play Horror games with headphones (or speakers loud), by myself and light out.... why play a horror game and not get scared...TheDuffman26

Worked perfect, thanks.

No remember....lights off, sound loud....and the Ambulance number ready for heart attacks...lol
TheDuffman26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheDuffman26
[QUOTE="TheDuffman26"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Turn off V-Sync to fix the mouse...... or turn it on, i don't remember, whatever the default isn'tFelipeInside
Worked perfect, thanks.

No remember....lights off, sound loud....and the Ambulance number ready for heart attacks...lol

K I'll do it. But call 911 for me if I don't post again within 24hrs lol
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="TheDuffman26"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="TheDuffman26"] Worked perfect, thanks.

K I'll do it. But call 911 for me if I don't post again within 24hrs lol

Damn...Im in Australia....so I'll call 000, Ambulance might take a while though....
ollism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 ollism
Member since 2003 • 120 Posts

It's a bit clumsy, not that scary, lots of backtracking, but besides that, a really great game!

Papitar

Bah dont agree with any of that :P

Great game on stage 6, still brilliant, still scary as hell :) def. recommend

ollism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ollism
Member since 2003 • 120 Posts

[QUOTE="Papitar"]

ollism

Bah dont agree with any of that :P

Great game on stage 6, still brilliant, still scary as hell :) def. recommend

Apart from the bit about it being a really great game of course :)

KINGofSCISSORS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KINGofSCISSORS
Yeah, I might get then. But what about the gameplayh. One of you mentiones it's sort of messed up or something?
hrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hrah
Member since 2003 • 1375 Posts

great game, get it, I play it in the dark with the speakers volume on high, it scares the hell out of me, you think you're alone then you hear a noise and when you turn, a monster jumps at you, I love it !!!

dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

Definitely it's a must have!In my opinion gameplay is just fine for this type of game. ;)

cooldude1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#25 cooldude1888
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts

Dead Space is a great game but you need to be brave. If your one of those survival horror wimps then you'll

crap yourself with fright. Dead Space is still an amazing game putting aside the bits that make you wee your

pants with fright. You're gonna get one hell of a fright though. Still, get it cause its a great gory bloody violant

horror game that has trophies. Fantastic, get it and there some good offers on www.Amazon.com. Try it out now.

knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 knight0151
Member since 2008 • 1205 Posts

Yeah, I would recommend it too.

Oh, and every, stop exaggerating. Right now. I mean it. It's not that scary, really, I played loudly with headphones with lights off. It's scary for the first chapter and um...that's it...

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

It was one of the best games of '08. The sound was the most impressive aspect (you need a surround sound system to fully appreciate). I thought it was relatively scary, or least tense, throughout. The whole survival horror, with constant limited health and ammo, is what made the fright factor. A big nag about the game is that several of the cutscenes are unskippable, which means several die-reload-rewatch cutscene-replay moments in the game. For the life of me I don't get why developers do that.

TheDuffman26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheDuffman26
[QUOTE="KINGofSCISSORS"]Yeah, I might get then. But what about the gameplayh. One of you mentiones it's sort of messed up or something?

Yeah the mouse movement was messed up for me, but I turned off Vsync and now it plays great.
KINGofSCISSORS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KINGofSCISSORS

I'll get used to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#30 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
it's a pretty good game. if all you have is empire total war, i recommend you get the orange box on steam before dead space. you'll have tf2 for online play, and a lot of single player as well. then get dead space.
denter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 denter21
Member since 2003 • 1283 Posts
Fantastic game, provided you take the time to tweak the controls to you liking. Most people start the game up, move their mouse for a few seconds and then ragequit. it's nigh-on unplayable before you fiddle with the sensitivity and disable vsync, but after those simple changes it is without a doubt one of the best games I have ever played.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

Hell yes! If it wasn't for left 4 dead, it would be my favorite game of last year (beating out gta and mgs4)

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Yes,it's a great game.
wigginender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wigginender
Member since 2003 • 644 Posts

Awsome game. Especially if you are fan of sci-fi. The over-the-shoulder camera view and character/mouse movements do take getting used to but once you do you will enjoy the game.

BTW, I was thinking this would have been a great Battlestar Galactica FPS game if you change the aliens to cyclons and then make changes to the ship Ishimura to seem more like Galatica...

Astaroth2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Astaroth2k
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts

Great game..although i feel they could have made it a tad more epic...one of those games where the sky is the limit.Hopefully there is a dead space 2.

DarkFadi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 DarkFadi
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts
Yes you should buy it, it is a great game.