DayZ Standalone has released!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Oh did they fix the whole "never being able to run away from zombies once they are a meter behind you"?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@blangenakker said:

Oh did they fix the whole "never being able to run away from zombies once they are a meter behind you"?

Not sure what you mean by this. In the mod, you could always easily lose zombies by running away from them. All you had to do was run around a building or run through bushes until they stopped following. In fact, a problem in the mod was that zombies were too ineffective. They're still relatively ineffective. If they're chasing you, you can still lose them by running around buildings. They're not as susceptible to foliage, so if you're in an open field, you'd have to engage in combat.

Thankfully, it's fairly easy to take on a zombie in fist combat without taking much damage.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts
@KHAndAnime said:

@blangenakker said:

Not sure what you mean by this. In the mod, you could always easily lose zombies by running away from them. All you had to do was run around a building or run through bushes until they stopped following. In fact, a problem in the mod was that zombies were too ineffective. They're still relatively ineffective. If they're chasing you, you can still lose them by running around buildings. They're not as susceptible to foliage, so if you're in an open field, you'd have to engage in combat.

Thankfully, it's fairly easy to take on a zombie in fist combat without taking much damage.

When I played it when it was just a mod, I could never get away from the zombies because once they were a metre or two behind you they will chase you forever

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#155 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@vfibsux said:

I'm done with you because you accuse me of trolling when I offered an opinion that called no one or any particular game out in any rude manner at all. You have been completely irrational and I have no desire to continue this conversation with you.

I'm just asking for an elaboration dude. The first time I asked, you replied to me with lies and misinformation. How is that not trolling? Let's go back to your first elaboration

Show me where it said "50% off if you help us test the game." I missed that one. You really think this is going to sell for $60 on release? You paid them to test their game, something traditionally done for free. You can sugarcoat it however you like, they got your money AND your alpha testing services.

Why not just be honest? You say we're paying money to test a game and we're not saving any money on it. The truth is that nobody has to test the game. The fact is, people are merely pre-ordering the game for up to half off so they can save money. So, care to elaborate again?

I'm not taking sides! I swear.. but I agree with KHAndAnime on this one.. we are pre-ordering a game and we have an option to test it if we want. The way I see it, I'm only paying $30 for this and there's so much more that will be added, "potential" that's to come. Worst case scenario, I had a good 10 hours of fun on it and that's $30 well spent.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By KHAndAnime

Hey DayZ SA Players, you totally need to read this if you haven't read it already. It explains the medical aspects of the game.

Out of weapons? Sneak up on your opponent and inject him with the wrong blood type! Or force feed your enemies to death!

Nutrition

Your character has energy. Energy is recovered by ingesting the nutrients, proteins and vitamins needed according your life style, weight, age, etcetera. You waste off a lot of energy by moving around in chernarus when it comes about jogging, running, jumping, etcetera.

You start off dry. You are near to dehydratation and starvation. (Let's say you spawn with 20% water and 35% hunger)

Tips on nutrition

As soon as you spawn you should head to a water source. So far we can assume with a high certanety that the water from well ponds is completely clean. There for your first objective should be drinking about 20x of this source until you get a message that affirms that you're full. You have then satisfied completely your thirst as you begin around a 20% level of thirst.

So far everyone that drank from the wells did not get water intoxicated. Most of the people who drinks from water ponds (including the swamps, lakes, rivers, etcetera) are intoxicated.

Food is another matter. As of now i have not received ever the message "I AM FULL" after eating four cans. You should keep eating as much as you can while always having a reserve in case of emergency. Do not over eat as that might cause you food poisoning. Use common sense. Hunger is not a problem if you wait until it starts warning you about hunger and you eat two cans of anything then. I have yet to see if cooking works as intended. Currently I believe you can cook rice with the cooking elements which greatly reduces your hunger like 3x more than a can.

Athletes tend to need more calories: While there are no vehicles, every survivor is an athlete. This means sprinting, running, jogging and walking consume energy. You will get hungry and thirsty faster if you spend your complete time sprinting (full speed running). You will get tired more often and your accuracy will be extremly affected by the tiredness. If you don't like eating every five minutes then avoid sprinting more than short lapses of time. Use sprinting only when really needed or you see it fit as the situation over goes. If you sprint from the coast to zelenogorsk to meet your friend without drinking you will most likely die before getting there. If you fill your stomach with water you might make it, yet the energy gained from that water will be heavily consumed and you will find yourself thirsty again at half of the way, most of the times.

Following these tips it is garantized that you will not receive those annoying messages unless you waste your energy incredibly fast by sprinting for over 1km non stop. Many people believe the hunger and thirsty consumes really fast but It doesn't.

What to avoid

- Over eating.

- Eating rotten stuff.

- Drinking from ponds without purifying.

- Eating stuff in bad state - I believe this has no effect YET.

- Dehydratation: You will go unconcious if you reach critical states. You should have around a few minutes when the red messages start popping in.

- Starvation: Same as above.

Health System

Health, just like the mod is measured by the amount of blood on your body. It is currently unknown the exact amount of blood we have, and how exactly it increases or decreases over time. Rather than that we have lots of visual indicators.

How to measure your state

When you spawn, you have full blood regenerated on you. You'll notice your health is degraded when your screen colors begin to desaturate and you will see less and less colors until you reach black and white. You can measure how bad by the amount of colors you perceive. It is highly noticable but hard to explain on text.

Different Health States

There are different health states that will affect your character's blood, and these are hunger, thirst, blood loss, sickness & instant. There are other stats which will not affect your blood and may happen while all or any of the mentioned states are in effect, these are: unconciousness, shock, pain, broken legs.

How to lose blood

Any negative state will most likely affect your blood levels and make them go down. Hunger, thirst, blood loss & sickness periodically decrease your blood and CAN BE STOPPED. Instant is just an instant loss of blood, like getting hit, shot, bit, etctera. If you are shot in the head you will lose all your blood instantly. If you get shot in the chest you might lose different amounts of blood depending your gear and weapon.

How to gain blood

Three ways that I discovered so far: Nutrition & Medicines. Your blood naturally regenerates if you are well fed and hydratated. Otherwise there are two medicinal ways to recover blood and both requiere another person to administer them to you: Blood and Saline. Both are intravenous, there for need someone else to administer them. Blood will instantly recover your blood on high levels, so will saline but on lower levels. Differences explained later on.

Hunger and thirst were covered in nutrition. Now I will cover the other medical part: Blood loss & sickness.

MEDICAL SUPPLIES

In your trips you might find different medical supplies, these are:

Antibiotics These cover most of bacterial infections and are of moderate effect.

Injection Vial These have inyectable antibiotics most of the times. Effect should be fast.

Syringe These are used to collect blood samples OR inyect antibiotics from the vial.

Bandages Both the green one and the ones in first aid kids are sterile.

Rags Rags are non sterile improvised bandages made with shirts.

Painkillers Used to aliviate the pain in a moderate-low effect.

Charcoal Tabs Used to absorb poisonous substances in your stomach.

Saline Saline is used to boost your current blood level. Often works with unconciousness.

Morphine Used to aliviate great amounts of pain. Instantly.

Epipherine Increases hearth beats, should work for most of unconciousness cases.

IV Kit Used to create an intravenous kit along with saline.

Blood Test Kit Used to know your current blood type.

Blood Bag It is always empty unless filled with your own or somebody's else blood.

Splints Used to heal broken bones. Made with wooden sticks and a bandage.

First Aid Kit Contains all the elements to provide first aid: two bandages, syringe, IV kit, empty blood bag.

Defribilator Used to wake up someone from unconciousness. Not tested. Can't be used to revive.

Some could be missing.

Sickness

This is a great addition to the Standalone which implements a great amount of ways to get sick, rather than the old infected-antibiotics part of the mod.

Nobody is completely certain of how it works yet so the following chunk is mostly assumptions and experiments... but sound logical.

So far people has gotten sick from: Eating bad stuff, drinking bad stuff, getting fed or drink bad stuff, getting hit, etcetera.. This can be translated to the different diseases: Water Intoxication, Food Intoxication, Poisoning, Bacterial infection.

Other effects, cures and diseases might exist, the following were tested by experience.

Water intoxication

Origin: Intoxicated Water (Sea Water, Ponds, Lakes, Rivers, dirty containers)

Effect: Vomiting when the disease begins. Great loss of blood while it's in effect. Increased Hunger. Dizziness.

Cure: It goes away by itself if you keep well fed and hydratated with clean water. Vitamins help to get rid of it faster.

How to Avoid: Drink from wells, or purify the water you're going to take if you don't know it's origin.

Food Intoxication

Origin: Bad state food, rotten fruits.

Effect: Vomiting when the disease begins. Great loss of blood while it's in effect. Increased thirst. Dizziness.

Cure: It goes away by itself if you eat sane food and keep well hydratated when it demands for water. Vitamins help to get rid of it faster.

How to Avoid: Don't eat food in bad state. Get Charcoal Tabs before you get into sickness status.

Poisoning

Origin: Eating anything not edible normally. Drinking anything not drinkable normally.

Effect: Vomiting. Nausea. Dizziness. Funny or weird tastes in your mouth. At last periodic loss of blood.

Cure: It might seem strange but antibiotics help on this one. Don't know if it goes away by itself.

How to Avoid: Eat charcoal tabs immediatelly after eating or drinking the unknown substance. Don't drink such substances.

Bacterial Infection

Origin: Dirty wounds.

Effect: Great periodic loss of blood. Pain status.

Cure: Antibiotics.

How to Avoid: Clean wounds with alcohol or use sterelized bandages when bandaging your wounds.

Other States

Bleeding

Origin: Penetration of damage. (Ballistic/Impact).

Effect: Blood dripping off your clothes.

Cure: Bandage

How to Avoid: Being well clothed reduces chance of bleeding on zombie attacks. Ballistic penetration can be stopped by vests and helmets. You can't avoid this from sharp stuff such axes, knives, etcetera.

Unconciousness

Origin: Dehydratation, Starvation, High amounts of damage.

Effect: You go unconcious. Unable to move or see.

Cure: You can be hit with an epi-pen. You can be fed and be given water. You can be administrated with saline.

How to Avoid: Don't go into critical levels of hunger or thirst. Don't get shot (Sounds easy, eh?). You can use ballistic vests and helmets to prevent incoming bullet damage. Impact damage might not be stopped so easily.

Shock

Origin: Highs amounts of damage. (Impact/Ballistic)

Effect: Blurry screen. Different levels of blurryness depending amount of damage taken.

Cure: Morphine (?); Waiting.

How to avoid: You can't, really, given most of the times by an axe swing. Might happen if shot but not killed.

Pain

Origin: Any amount of damage.

Effect: Character screams constantly.

Cure: Several painkillers. Morphine (Instant). Cleaning wounds with alcohol.

How to avoid: It seems to be random on the damage. If your clothes stop any bullet it will give you pain but not bleeding or blood loss.

Broken Legs

Origin: Being shot in the legs (Not happening now); falling from high places.

Effect: Unable to move legs. There for unable to stand or walk.

Cure: Morphine (?). Splints.

How to avoid: Don't fall off that cliff.

General Information

- There is no instant cure for sickness status. Most of the diseases will go away an interval after taking it's correct cure. Applying the wrong cure might get you even sickier.

- Clean your wounds AND the bandages if they are not sterelized.

- Do not eat or drink anything stupid. I almost died for drinking the alcohol.

- Purify water with the tablets if you don't know where it came from.

- Always purify pond water. Do not drink directly from it.

- Wells are a safe source of water.

- Always have extra. If you get sick, the disease might ask for more food or water than usual.

- Don't use anyone's blood unless you're sure of their types and yours and if you're compatible.

- You can be force fed with anything if you're not moving. You can be killed by anyone who feds you the wrong things.

- Your blood can be stolen if you're not moving. You might also get blood injected in hopes that you're not compatible.

- Taking blood from yourself or somebody else when their levels are low can kill them.

- Clothes do affect the rate of bleeding and they actually stop bullets if the correct things.

- You have a short lapse of time on which the charcoal tabs will heal you instead of killing you.

- You can desinfect almost anything with a desinfectant liquid. You shouldn't desinfect food.

- If you're complaining, refeer to the painkillers or morphine.

- Saline heals you. So does blood but is way more dangerous.

- You're not a tank if fully geared either. The ballistic gear might stop one bullet or two. It will defenitely NOT stop an axe either.

@blangenakker said:
@KHAndAnime said:

@blangenakker said:

When I played it when it was just a mod, I could never get away from the zombies because once they were a metre or two behind you they will chase you forever

Sounds like you played in the really early stages of the mod. The mod has changed vastly and almost completely since then. Probably has been over a year since it the change. Ever since they changed it, it's been far too easy to lose zombies.

Zombies are still ****ed up. But there are much closer to being workable than they have in the past. Their animations and chasing tactics are far less annoying. They won't hit you anymore if you pass them for only a milisecond. One of the main problems with zombies have been fixed - their presence in the past would indicate another player is nearby, and now that's not the case at all.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#157  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@Elann2008 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@vfibsux said:

I'm done with you because you accuse me of trolling when I offered an opinion that called no one or any particular game out in any rude manner at all. You have been completely irrational and I have no desire to continue this conversation with you.

I'm just asking for an elaboration dude. The first time I asked, you replied to me with lies and misinformation. How is that not trolling? Let's go back to your first elaboration

Show me where it said "50% off if you help us test the game." I missed that one. You really think this is going to sell for $60 on release? You paid them to test their game, something traditionally done for free. You can sugarcoat it however you like, they got your money AND your alpha testing services.

Why not just be honest? You say we're paying money to test a game and we're not saving any money on it. The truth is that nobody has to test the game. The fact is, people are merely pre-ordering the game for up to half off so they can save money. So, care to elaborate again?

I'm not taking sides! I swear.. but I agree with KHAndAnime on this one.. we are pre-ordering a game and we have an option to test it if we want. The way I see it, I'm only paying $30 for this and there's so much more that will be added, "potential" that's to come. Worst case scenario, I had a good 10 hours of fun on it and that's $30 well spent.

No problem with that man, I can see the logic there. If you have interest in a game and were going to pre-order anyway....AND you get early access, well hell...why not?

Like I said I did it with Arma 3, it was said up front buy now and get it 33% off. I just didn't see that with DayZ anywhere on Steam and I was not about to go hunt it down because I'm not sold on the game. I just can't see a game that was a mod being a $60 release, sounds shady to me...like used cars salesman shit. Back in the day you could get in on alphas and betas for free. I just see this trend now with "early release" games for sale on Steam and it doesn't sit well with me. Why that makes me a troll and makes some dude nerdrage I have no clue.

Good talk bro.

KHAndAnime....see how easy it is to have a conversation with someone who has differing views? Try it next time.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By KHAndAnime

@vfibsux said:

@Elann2008 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@vfibsux said:

No problem with that man, I can see the logic there. If you have interest in a game and were going to pre-order anyway....AND you get early access, well hell...why not?

Like I said I did it with Arma 3, it was said up front buy now and get it 33% off. I just didn't see that with DayZ anywhere on Steam and I was not about to go hunt it down because I'm not sold on the game. I just can't see a game that was a mod being a $60 release, sounds shady to me...like used cars salesman shit. Back in the day you could get in on alphas and betas for free. I just see this trend now with "early release" games for sale on Steam and it doesn't sit well with me. Why that makes me a troll and makes some dude nerdrage I have no clue.

Good talk bro.

KHAndAnime....see how easy it is to have a conversation with someone who has differing views? Try it next time.

It is easy, especially if you don't get hung up on getting called a troll and actually attempt to make a point. ;)

I'm not sure why you think I'm angry. Do you think everyone who tries to have a conversation is angry at you? You're the one flinging insults, and that's typically what "mad" people do. No need to be mad, bud. These are just words on a page.

Anyways, what do you mean "back in the day"? DayZ Alpha was already free. It has been free forever, in mod form. It's still free. If you wanted a chance to alpha test for free, they have already given everyone that chance. They've moved on from that point and don't need the public's opinion, only preorders. This is an extremely common practice and has been done dozens of times. So there's no need to be paranoid. This development process guarantees that the customers who would like to participate are able to do so at their leisure. Furthermore, when the developer is working directly with the community to develop the game, putting all of his cards on the table (development strategy, time table, progress) - it's pretty much the exact opposite of being shady.

Tons of mods have been made into full games and are priced typically from $30-40. Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Red Orchestra, etc. Like in previous circumstances, the modding team has been integrated with a trusted developer (Bohemia Interactive). This is nothing new.

Do you know what is shady? Games that are released at $60 that don't have early access. They release and nobody know what state the game is in. Take BF4 for example. How did that get released in the state it was in? And you think DayZ's development is shady?

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

@blangenakker: Yes but have to run for awhile then they stop following you. Just hit the W key twice to run extra fast.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Hey DayZ SA Players, you totally need to read this if you haven't read it already. It explains the medical aspects of the game.

Out of weapons? Sneak up on your opponent and inject him with the wrong blood type! Or force feed your enemies to death!

Nutrition

Your character has energy. Energy is recovered by ingesting the nutrients, proteins and vitamins needed according your life style, weight, age, etcetera. You waste off a lot of energy by moving around in chernarus when it comes about jogging, running, jumping, etcetera.

You start off dry. You are near to dehydratation and starvation. (Let's say you spawn with 20% water and 35% hunger)

Tips on nutrition

As soon as you spawn you should head to a water source. So far we can assume with a high certanety that the water from well ponds is completely clean. There for your first objective should be drinking about 20x of this source until you get a message that affirms that you're full. You have then satisfied completely your thirst as you begin around a 20% level of thirst.

So far everyone that drank from the wells did not get water intoxicated. Most of the people who drinks from water ponds (including the swamps, lakes, rivers, etcetera) are intoxicated.

Food is another matter. As of now i have not received ever the message "I AM FULL" after eating four cans. You should keep eating as much as you can while always having a reserve in case of emergency. Do not over eat as that might cause you food poisoning. Use common sense. Hunger is not a problem if you wait until it starts warning you about hunger and you eat two cans of anything then. I have yet to see if cooking works as intended. Currently I believe you can cook rice with the cooking elements which greatly reduces your hunger like 3x more than a can.

Athletes tend to need more calories: While there are no vehicles, every survivor is an athlete. This means sprinting, running, jogging and walking consume energy. You will get hungry and thirsty faster if you spend your complete time sprinting (full speed running). You will get tired more often and your accuracy will be extremly affected by the tiredness. If you don't like eating every five minutes then avoid sprinting more than short lapses of time. Use sprinting only when really needed or you see it fit as the situation over goes. If you sprint from the coast to zelenogorsk to meet your friend without drinking you will most likely die before getting there. If you fill your stomach with water you might make it, yet the energy gained from that water will be heavily consumed and you will find yourself thirsty again at half of the way, most of the times.

Following these tips it is garantized that you will not receive those annoying messages unless you waste your energy incredibly fast by sprinting for over 1km non stop. Many people believe the hunger and thirsty consumes really fast but It doesn't.

What to avoid

- Over eating.

- Eating rotten stuff.

- Drinking from ponds without purifying.

- Eating stuff in bad state - I believe this has no effect YET.

- Dehydratation: You will go unconcious if you reach critical states. You should have around a few minutes when the red messages start popping in.

- Starvation: Same as above.

Health System

Health, just like the mod is measured by the amount of blood on your body. It is currently unknown the exact amount of blood we have, and how exactly it increases or decreases over time. Rather than that we have lots of visual indicators.

How to measure your state

When you spawn, you have full blood regenerated on you. You'll notice your health is degraded when your screen colors begin to desaturate and you will see less and less colors until you reach black and white. You can measure how bad by the amount of colors you perceive. It is highly noticable but hard to explain on text.

Different Health States

There are different health states that will affect your character's blood, and these are hunger, thirst, blood loss, sickness & instant. There are other stats which will not affect your blood and may happen while all or any of the mentioned states are in effect, these are: unconciousness, shock, pain, broken legs.

How to lose blood

Any negative state will most likely affect your blood levels and make them go down. Hunger, thirst, blood loss & sickness periodically decrease your blood and CAN BE STOPPED. Instant is just an instant loss of blood, like getting hit, shot, bit, etctera. If you are shot in the head you will lose all your blood instantly. If you get shot in the chest you might lose different amounts of blood depending your gear and weapon.

How to gain blood

Three ways that I discovered so far: Nutrition & Medicines. Your blood naturally regenerates if you are well fed and hydratated. Otherwise there are two medicinal ways to recover blood and both requiere another person to administer them to you: Blood and Saline. Both are intravenous, there for need someone else to administer them. Blood will instantly recover your blood on high levels, so will saline but on lower levels. Differences explained later on.

Hunger and thirst were covered in nutrition. Now I will cover the other medical part: Blood loss & sickness.

MEDICAL SUPPLIES

In your trips you might find different medical supplies, these are:

Antibiotics These cover most of bacterial infections and are of moderate effect.

Injection Vial These have inyectable antibiotics most of the times. Effect should be fast.

Syringe These are used to collect blood samples OR inyect antibiotics from the vial.

Bandages Both the green one and the ones in first aid kids are sterile.

Rags Rags are non sterile improvised bandages made with shirts.

Painkillers Used to aliviate the pain in a moderate-low effect.

Charcoal Tabs Used to absorb poisonous substances in your stomach.

Saline Saline is used to boost your current blood level. Often works with unconciousness.

Morphine Used to aliviate great amounts of pain. Instantly.

Epipherine Increases hearth beats, should work for most of unconciousness cases.

IV Kit Used to create an intravenous kit along with saline.

Blood Test Kit Used to know your current blood type.

Blood Bag It is always empty unless filled with your own or somebody's else blood.

Splints Used to heal broken bones. Made with wooden sticks and a bandage.

First Aid Kit Contains all the elements to provide first aid: two bandages, syringe, IV kit, empty blood bag.

Defribilator Used to wake up someone from unconciousness. Not tested. Can't be used to revive.

Some could be missing.

Sickness

This is a great addition to the Standalone which implements a great amount of ways to get sick, rather than the old infected-antibiotics part of the mod.

Nobody is completely certain of how it works yet so the following chunk is mostly assumptions and experiments... but sound logical.

So far people has gotten sick from: Eating bad stuff, drinking bad stuff, getting fed or drink bad stuff, getting hit, etcetera.. This can be translated to the different diseases: Water Intoxication, Food Intoxication, Poisoning, Bacterial infection.

Other effects, cures and diseases might exist, the following were tested by experience.

Water intoxication

Origin: Intoxicated Water (Sea Water, Ponds, Lakes, Rivers, dirty containers)

Effect: Vomiting when the disease begins. Great loss of blood while it's in effect. Increased Hunger. Dizziness.

Cure: It goes away by itself if you keep well fed and hydratated with clean water. Vitamins help to get rid of it faster.

How to Avoid: Drink from wells, or purify the water you're going to take if you don't know it's origin.

Food Intoxication

Origin: Bad state food, rotten fruits.

Effect: Vomiting when the disease begins. Great loss of blood while it's in effect. Increased thirst. Dizziness.

Cure: It goes away by itself if you eat sane food and keep well hydratated when it demands for water. Vitamins help to get rid of it faster.

How to Avoid: Don't eat food in bad state. Get Charcoal Tabs before you get into sickness status.

Poisoning

Origin: Eating anything not edible normally. Drinking anything not drinkable normally.

Effect: Vomiting. Nausea. Dizziness. Funny or weird tastes in your mouth. At last periodic loss of blood.

Cure: It might seem strange but antibiotics help on this one. Don't know if it goes away by itself.

How to Avoid: Eat charcoal tabs immediatelly after eating or drinking the unknown substance. Don't drink such substances.

Bacterial Infection

Origin: Dirty wounds.

Effect: Great periodic loss of blood. Pain status.

Cure: Antibiotics.

How to Avoid: Clean wounds with alcohol or use sterelized bandages when bandaging your wounds.

Other States

Bleeding

Origin: Penetration of damage. (Ballistic/Impact).

Effect: Blood dripping off your clothes.

Cure: Bandage

How to Avoid: Being well clothed reduces chance of bleeding on zombie attacks. Ballistic penetration can be stopped by vests and helmets. You can't avoid this from sharp stuff such axes, knives, etcetera.

Unconciousness

Origin: Dehydratation, Starvation, High amounts of damage.

Effect: You go unconcious. Unable to move or see.

Cure: You can be hit with an epi-pen. You can be fed and be given water. You can be administrated with saline.

How to Avoid: Don't go into critical levels of hunger or thirst. Don't get shot (Sounds easy, eh?). You can use ballistic vests and helmets to prevent incoming bullet damage. Impact damage might not be stopped so easily.

Shock

Origin: Highs amounts of damage. (Impact/Ballistic)

Effect: Blurry screen. Different levels of blurryness depending amount of damage taken.

Cure: Morphine (?); Waiting.

How to avoid: You can't, really, given most of the times by an axe swing. Might happen if shot but not killed.

Pain

Origin: Any amount of damage.

Effect: Character screams constantly.

Cure: Several painkillers. Morphine (Instant). Cleaning wounds with alcohol.

How to avoid: It seems to be random on the damage. If your clothes stop any bullet it will give you pain but not bleeding or blood loss.

Broken Legs

Origin: Being shot in the legs (Not happening now); falling from high places.

Effect: Unable to move legs. There for unable to stand or walk.

Cure: Morphine (?). Splints.

How to avoid: Don't fall off that cliff.

General Information

- There is no instant cure for sickness status. Most of the diseases will go away an interval after taking it's correct cure. Applying the wrong cure might get you even sickier.

- Clean your wounds AND the bandages if they are not sterelized.

- Do not eat or drink anything stupid. I almost died for drinking the alcohol.

- Purify water with the tablets if you don't know where it came from.

- Always purify pond water. Do not drink directly from it.

- Wells are a safe source of water.

- Always have extra. If you get sick, the disease might ask for more food or water than usual.

- Don't use anyone's blood unless you're sure of their types and yours and if you're compatible.

- You can be force fed with anything if you're not moving. You can be killed by anyone who feds you the wrong things.

- Your blood can be stolen if you're not moving. You might also get blood injected in hopes that you're not compatible.

- Taking blood from yourself or somebody else when their levels are low can kill them.

- Clothes do affect the rate of bleeding and they actually stop bullets if the correct things.

- You have a short lapse of time on which the charcoal tabs will heal you instead of killing you.

- You can desinfect almost anything with a desinfectant liquid. You shouldn't desinfect food.

- If you're complaining, refeer to the painkillers or morphine.

- Saline heals you. So does blood but is way more dangerous.

- You're not a tank if fully geared either. The ballistic gear might stop one bullet or two. It will defenitely NOT stop an axe either.

Great, thanks. Source?

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@blangenakker said:

yea they pretty much give up now after about 100 m if you unequip your weapon and haul ass

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Holy Hell with the medical stuff game is sounding pretty crazy!

Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@vfibsux said:

How can an opinion be a lie? Please explain......this time with less tears please.

I really think you need to go back and reread my first post here and see how absolutely irrational you have been.

I already broke it down for you, twice. Need me to do it again? Your opinion is that you're tired of this crowdfunding trend, because developers are forcing gamers to test their games, and that they have to pay to test it. You say testers used to get paid to do this very same thing. Want to back any of this up with evidence? I'm pretty sure that not a single video game tester has ever been paid a dollar to play an incomplete game at his own leisure. Video game testers do absolutely nothing of the sort - what they do is actual work.

You're essentially complaining that people have the ability to buy their games at a reduced price for preordering it. There is no reason to complain. You haven't once, after all these posts, elaborated why it's worth complaining about being able to preorder a game at a reduced price. All you're capable of is circular arguments, where I have to repeat myself endlessly. Yet you think you're not trolling because....? You do realize this game couldn't have been made without this trend that you're growing tired of, right?

Your just trying to justify paying 30$ for a half ass mod. I can tell as defensive you are, your pissed off inside. It's harsh but it's the truth i'm not being a troll for the fact that i have played the mod countless hours, and playing this is like a big WTF all this time has passed and what do we have? A mod. It's a step up from WarZ but not by much.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Just got it, there are a few obvious improvements but as it's in alpha, there's bugs as usual. Despite that, had a good 4 hour session, looking forward to future updates.

Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Travis_Odell

I'm going to leave on this note, by the time the game get's "finished" which i'm sure will be a basket case, everyone will already be tired of the Formula. Money well spent beta testing while you should have been getting paid.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I've been playing it all day.

• Melee weapons make gun shot sounds.
  • Zombies chase me for 1/2 mile.
  • Poor performance even with my setup 40-60FPS with everything on low to medium.
  • Sometimes I can't pick up a item.
  • Zombies walk through walls.

So many other things have come up. Honestly its not a great experience so far.

Well its a survival zombie game and if you can't pick up thing's that you need to survive and the things you are running away from walk through walls then in all honesty its a broken experience.

That all being said I can't seem to stop playing it.

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

Does anyone have an idea of how an i7 @ 2600k and 3.4 gHz with a Radeon 6850 would run this game? I know the "recommended" specs on Steam suggest a Radeon 7750, but this game looks interesting to me. I just don't want to bother with it if it will be chugging along at 20 fps.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

I've been playing it all day.

• Melee weapons make gun shot sounds.
  • Zombies chase me for 1/2 mile.
  • Poor performance even with my setup 40-60FPS with everything on low to medium.
  • Sometimes I can't pick up a item.
  • Zombies walk through walls.

So many other things have come up. Honestly its not a great experience so far.

Well its a survival zombie game and if you can't pick up thing's that you need to survive and the things you are running away from walk through walls then in all honesty its a broken experience.

That all being said I can't seem to stop playing it.

Most zombies give up chasing me after a few hundred feet. Not sure how they could chase you for 1/2 a mile if you are sprinting away.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Walking around...

Spot a building in the distance and decide to head towards it...

Once there I spot some guys in the distance...

They spot me then chase me and handcuff me...

Then they force feed me rotten fruit and leave me to die...

FML.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 KHAndAnime

@SilentSoprano said:

Does anyone have an idea of how an i7 @ 2600k and 3.4 gHz with a Radeon 6850 would run this game? I know the "recommended" specs on Steam suggest a Radeon 7750, but this game looks interesting to me. I just don't want to bother with it if it will be chugging along at 20 fps.

My 5850, Dual core 2.8 ghz setup runs ~40 fps average (25 in cities) at high settings at 1080P. You should be fine.

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

@KHAndAnime: Thanks for the info! Sounds good to me.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#175  Edited By Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

Has anyone tried the "George Romero slow moving zombie" mod from Nexus?

Any thoughts on it?

I just hate zombies that run like Usain Bolt on speed.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Nick3306

@Zelda187 said:

Has anyone tried the "George Romero slow moving zombie" mod from Nexus?

Any thoughts on it?

I just hate zombies that run like Usain Bolt on speed.

I haven't encountered any of these in the standalone. It's not like the mod.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 KHAndAnime

Can't. Stop. Playing.

Already have 21 hours in.

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts

Anyone want to team up? Just got the game and want to devote some hours to it while I still have the free time.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By vfibsux

@Travis_Odell said:

I'm going to leave on this note, by the time the game get's "finished" which i'm sure will be a basket case, everyone will already be tired of the Formula. Money well spent beta testing while you should have been getting paid.

This is my main concern as well. The people who really want to play this game already are playing it. By the time it releases in a finished state it already came and went. Could be wrong but a valid concern nonetheless. Part of me wants to get in on it now, as this may be the best time period the game ever sees community-wise, which is pretty sad since it is alpha.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By KHAndAnime

@vfibsux said:

@Travis_Odell said:

This is my main concern as well. The people who really want to play this game already are playing it. By the time it releases in a finished state it already came and went. Could be wrong but a valid concern nonetheless. Part of me wants to get in on it now, as this may be the best time period the game ever sees community-wise, which is pretty sad since it is alpha.

I've been playing this game in alpha state for what...almost 2 years now? It doesn't really get boring. They keep adding more, people keep coming back to test the new changes. It's fun to play. I feel sorry for the people missing out, really. Nothing compares to what this game offers. Not a single thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 deactivated-579f651eab962

Not seen any photos from you guys, so I thought I'd throw some up.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By KHAndAnime
@acanofcoke said:

Not seen any photos from you guys, so I thought I'd throw some up.

Are you rocking that ambient occlusion? It looks like it. Game looks beautiful compared to the old DayZ with the graphics turned up. I just wish I didn't have to turn on Ambient Occlusion every time I started up DayZ. Also, is North Chernarus different than the past? I still haven't bothered leaving any coastal cities yet.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Flubbbs

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#184 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Q: if I already own Arma 2 + Arrowhead and the game has been released as a stand alone; does it mean I'm fine to play it?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#185 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

Q: if I already own Arma 2 + Arrowhead and the game has been released as a stand alone; does it mean I'm fine to play it?

You have to pay for the stand alone

Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Travis_Odell

Damn boy you love your DayZ don't you? Can you tell me why i should waste my money? Cool it's hard to survive you have to eat, shit, and sleep. But i have to do that in real life. And the Zombies? what them N64 animation we seen in the facility. Arma is a good game DAyZ is a joke. And in the end it's going to cost bohemia interactive out the ass in embarrassment.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Travis_Odell said:

@KHAndAnime said:

.Damn boy you love your DayZ don't you? Can you tell me why i should waste my money? Cool it's hard to survive you have to eat, shit, and sleep. But i have to do that in real life. And the Zombies? what them N64 animation we seen in the facility. Arma is a good game DAyZ is a joke.

ArmA is pretty boring for me but DayZ is excellent. I don't really care to convince you to buy it. I can briefly explain its appeal. Some people like the idea of being dropped into an apocalyptic world where they have to scrounge and survive, with the capability of inflicting perma-death upon other characters. I can't think of many other games where you can handcuff other players, humiliate them, and feed them rotten fruit until they die. It's fun doing things in DayZ because you aren't being hand-held like in virtually every other game. Minor accomplishments like killing another player with an axe could take the normal player 6+ hours. It's fun actually earning your victories though, or even just torturing random players who pass you by.

It's really not for everyone though. This game is the epitome of polarizing. It's some people's dream game, and other people's nightmare.

Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Travis_Odell

@KHAndAnime:

Feed people rotten fruit and hand cuffed until they die? Why not pull the trigger before that fetish fantasy happened? This game got old after the mod and will die off before launch if there's one. Keep dreaming that this is the next minecraft it's the next Bondage simulator.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 KHAndAnime

@Travis_Odell said:

@KHAndAnime:

Feed people rotten fruit and hand cuffed until they die? Why not pull the trigger before that fetish fantasy happened? This game got old after the mod and will die off before launch if there's one. Keep dreaming that this is the next minecraft it's the next Bondage simulator.

Because people like to have fun when they play games. We don't all want to play CoD, like you. The game already has 600k sales...at this rate it's going to be one of the highest selling PC games of all time. Nice try tho.

Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Travis_Odell
@KHAndAnime said:

@Travis_Odell said:

@KHAndAnime:

Because people like to have fun when they play games. We don't all want to play CoD, like you. The game already has 600k sales...at this rate it's going to be one of the highest selling PC games of all time. Nice try tho.

You think i play Cod? LOL you know nothing about me, I put down your favorite game and you start assuming shit. classic. And DayZ won't hit a million before the word passes how bare bones this shit is. But wait i forgot that alot of people was waiting for this type of game so it might be that underground hit. speaking of underground where the **** is it? Didn't that guy talk about under ground tunnels? Shouldn't you be beta testing those instead?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By deactivated-579f651eab962

@KHAndAnime said:

@Travis_Odell said:

@KHAndAnime said:

.Damn boy you love your DayZ don't you? Can you tell me why i should waste my money? Cool it's hard to survive you have to eat, shit, and sleep. But i have to do that in real life. And the Zombies? what them N64 animation we seen in the facility. Arma is a good game DAyZ is a joke.

ArmA is pretty boring for me but DayZ is excellent. I don't really care to convince you to buy it. I can briefly explain its appeal. Some people like the idea of being dropped into an apocalyptic world where they have to scrounge and survive, with the capability of inflicting perma-death upon other characters. I can't think of many other games where you can handcuff other players, humiliate them, and feed them rotten fruit until they die. It's fun doing things in DayZ because you aren't being hand-held like in virtually every other game. Minor accomplishments like killing another player with an axe could take the normal player 6+ hours. It's fun actually earning your victories though, or even just torturing random players who pass you by.

It's really not for everyone though. This game is the epitome of polarizing. It's some people's dream game, and other people's nightmare.

^This

The game and engine together have sooooo much potential. Could end up being one of the greatest game's ever made.

Or they might just balls it all up.

I would of preferred they had gone with Real Virtuality 4 instead of 3 although they have modded 3.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 vfibsux

@Travis_Odell said:
@KHAndAnime said:

@Travis_Odell said:

@KHAndAnime:

You think i play Cod? LOL you know nothing about me, I put down your favorite game and you start assuming shit. classic. And DayZ won't hit a million before the word passes how bare bones this shit is. But wait i forgot that alot of people was waiting for this type of game so it might be that underground hit. speaking of underground where the **** is it? Didn't that guy talk about under ground tunnels? Shouldn't you be beta testing those instead?

Ironic I just called some dude out for being insulting about your opinion of LFD2, and here you are pissing in someone's cornflakes for liking a game. Don't get me wrong, I think dude is way too defensive over any criticism of Dayz, but you are beyond criticizing the game at this point.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Flubbbs

@Travis_Odell said:

Damn boy you love your DayZ don't you? Can you tell me why i should waste my money? Cool it's hard to survive you have to eat, shit, and sleep. But i have to do that in real life. And the Zombies? what them N64 animation we seen in the facility. Arma is a good game DAyZ is a joke. And in the end it's going to cost bohemia interactive out the ass in embarrassment.

lol DayZ isnt going anywhere.. already over 600k in sales and its still the #1 best selling game on steam even with a winter sale going on.. sorry to disappoint you :(

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

@chrisrooR said:

@wis3boi said:

@acanofcoke said:

It's still in Alpha?.........What have they been doing?

how dare they take their time to get it right

"We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage. All features and plans listed here are subject to change, we may add or remove features as seen fit during development process. "

I understand taking their time, but 30 dollars for 'early access' to a game that won't be complete for AT LEAST a year? Yea, no thanks. I'm sitting tight until I get some impressions. If the alpha is reeeeeaally fucking good, I may THINK about paying that. But not until I hear some positives.

this

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@Travis_Odell said:

@KHAndAnime:

I don't know whats worse... a broken alpha of a game we and many already bought as a mod selling 600k, or your sig's advertisement....

a year a way from beta.... pathetic.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By KHAndAnime

@MBirdy88 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Travis_Odell said:

@KHAndAnime:

I don't know whats worse... a broken alpha of a game we and many already bought as a mod selling 600k, or your sig's advertisement....

My sig's advertisement has paid for this game a dozen times over. Probably explains why I'm not so afraid to spend chump change towards mind-blowing games. How does it feel to be so afraid of pitching $30 towards something?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By KHAndAnime
@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

@chrisrooR said:

@wis3boi said:

@acanofcoke said:

It's still in Alpha?.........What have they been doing?

how dare they take their time to get it right

"We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage. All features and plans listed here are subject to change, we may add or remove features as seen fit during development process. "

I understand taking their time, but 30 dollars for 'early access' to a game that won't be complete for AT LEAST a year? Yea, no thanks. I'm sitting tight until I get some impressions. If the alpha is reeeeeaally fucking good, I may THINK about paying that. But not until I hear some positives.

this

Shit tons of positives are being posted by people all around, some people just have their fingers in their ears. It's been considered very highly for its public alpha launch. That's why 600k people have bought it already. Word of mouth.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By vfibsux

@KHAndAnime said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Travis_Odell said:

@KHAndAnime:

My sig's advertisement has paid for this game a dozen times over. Probably explains why I'm not so afraid to spend chump change towards mind-blowing games. How does it feel to be so afraid of pitching $30 towards something?

That's some cheap shit man. So now people who are against this practice are "afraid" to spend the money? lol. Seriously? I have about $170 more in projects I may never see finished than you do in this Steam game. All mine were kickstarters from small devs who could not afford to turn their vision into reality without my help, so let's not pretend you went out on a limb here Captain Courageous.

The problem people have I think is this is a big dev with tons more money than anyone posting here has, it is pretty sad they are charging $30 for an alpha that used to be a free mod.

How about you just get over the fact that there are people who don't agree with this an go enjoy your game? I would have told everyone to **** off by now lol. Who cares what others think if you are glad you spent the money?

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Nick3306

@vfibsux said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Travis_Odell said:

@KHAndAnime:

That's some cheap shit man. So now people who are against this practice are "afraid" to spend the money? lol. Seriously? I have about $170 more in projects I may never see finished than you do in this Steam game. All mine were kickstarters from small devs who could not afford to turn their vision into reality without my help, so let's not pretend you went out on a limb here Captain Courageous.

The problem people have I think is this is a big dev with tons more money than anyone posting here has, it is pretty sad they are charging $30 for an alpha that used to be a free mod.

How about you just get over the fact that there are people who don't agree with this an go enjoy your game? I would have told everyone to **** off by now lol. Who cares what others think if you are glad you spent the money?

While I agree with this, it's extremely annoying that the only dayz thread we have is getting filled by idiots who are just bashing our decision to buy the game. I just want to talk about the game and its features, not defend my decision to buy it.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By KHAndAnime

@vfibsux said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Travis_Odell said:

@KHAndAnime:

http://www.oassf.com/en/media/images/facepalm-card.jpg

You really are clueless about game production. They obviously don't have the money to completely self-publish this. BI isn't a huge developer. They make niche simulator games. They could only publish ArmA 3 through crowdfunding...do you not remember that? Did you think that game wasn't going to see the light of day? But it did release...lol.

I don't care if you don't want to buy the game dude. Nobody here cares. At all. I'm just here to point out how dumb your train of thought is - because all you're stating is "it's a bad idea! it's my opinion!". You have no reasons to back up any of your complaints, so really you're nothing more than a blabbering baby. How are we supposed to relate to your paranoia when there's no good reason for it? You couldn't even come up with a single substantial reason after half a dozen posts. It's plain as day that you're just paranoid for no reason.

I also don't care if you pissed away your money on other game investments - it's not relevant to this thread. DayZ is being made by a completely reputable developer. End of story, really. DayZ is already a huge success already - anybody who spent money on it already guaranteed their investments so there's nothing to complain about at this point.

Learn to spend your money with a little more thought and maybe you won't waste it. I've never wasted a dime on a crowdfunded game...can't say the same the same for many games published by big publishers tho. If you pick developers who've actually made games before, you have a pretty hard time funding vaporware. The fact that you've managed to waste so much money on vaporware says something about how much thought you put into these things.

If this game doesn't appeal to you, don't buy it. Revisit the thread when it's completed and then give your feedback. Sitting around, complaining about an unfinished game you've never played is probably one of the dumbest things you could possibly do. Almost as dumb as wasting $170 in projects that you aren't even sure will be completed. Or almost as dumb as complaining about game's publishing method (which happens to be the only way the game could be published). You might as well be sitting here saying "If they don't have the money to make the game, they shouldn't make it!". But when 600k people are willing to buy it within the first couple of weeks, wouldn't they be complete idiots to do it any other way?

Obviously their success is getting at the haters. It's just a testament to how well crowd funding works.