Darksiders II for $16.99, Season Pass for $6.79 on Amazon (Steamworks)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RasAlgethi28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RasAlgethi28
Member since 2009 • 112 Posts

Darksiders II for $16.99, Season Pass for $6.79 on Amazon (Steamworks)

Darksiders II:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007FGUFX4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007FGUFX4&linkCode=as2&tag=122603776232-20

Season Pass:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009AYQQTG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B009AYQQTG&linkCode=as2&tag=122603776232-20

It's our turn to help THQ!

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

Damn. That's a good deal. But pay check isn't till friday. Hopefully, it'll still be around by then. If not, I guess I'll just wait for the Steam sales in December.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19589 Posts
For those of you in the rest of the world, pick it up for the same price on Gamersgate.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

If it's the same price on gamersgate, I would def pick it up there especially since it's a steamworks game. Both places you get to install via steam, the difference is gamersgate gives you "blue coins" back as part of your purchase. You can use these coins to buy other games on their site. I've gotten many free games from gamersgate this way. You also get points for ratings, writing reviews, and other stuff...it adds up fast.

Anyways either place you get it it's a fantastic deal for a really good game. For those wondering about the "port issues" those have been pretty much all resolved. They added a few graphical options, fixed the v-sync issue, and overall the game run very smooth and looks good.

LuminousNoises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LuminousNoises
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Just picked it up myself this morning from GamersGate. It was also the "preorder" version so I recieved Argul's Tomb as well which was nice.

I would also second that those who are interested, pick it up at GamersGate. It's a wonderful website that is not only client free, but runs daily deals, midweek specials, and weekend specials that often match current Steam specials. They also have a nice library of DRM free and Indie titles as well.

There's also a trick when using GamersGate. Normally, when you download from the website, it downloads the install files (in a file called "temporary files" in where ever you download files from the internet) and runs the installation. However, once installation is complete, the install files become unusable. However, if you go to the files during the installation, they are in their usable state and can be copied and placed in a different file. You now have install files as if they were straight from a disc and can be run at any time, burned to a disc, etc. GamersGate doesn't inform inplicitely about this loophole, but I believe it's a selling point and well known in the GamersGate community.

Also, GetGamesGo are selling the first Darksiders title as well for $7.49 that is for Steam. They also have quite a few other steam titles for sale such as Metro: 2033, Saints Row: The Third, and Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine for less that $10 each, They also have Hitman: Absolution for $35.99 which is the lowest I've seen for any site.

tobes1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tobes1993
Member since 2011 • 227 Posts

Just picked it up myself this morning from GamersGate. It was also the "preorder" version so I recieved Argul's Tomb as well which was nice.

I would also second that those who are interested, pick it up at GamersGate. It's a wonderful website that is not only client free, but runs daily deals, midweek specials, and weekend specials that often match current Steam specials. They also have a nice library of DRM free and Indie titles as well.

There's also a trick when using GamersGate. Normally, when you download from the website, it downloads the install files (in a file called "temporary files" in where ever you download files from the internet) and runs the installation. However, once installation is complete, the install files become unusable. However, if you go to the files during the installation, they are in their usable state and can be copied and placed in a different file. You now have install files as if they were straight from a disc and can be run at any time, burned to a disc, etc. GamersGate doesn't inform inplicitely about this loophole, but I believe it's a selling point and well known in the GamersGate community.

Also, GetGamesGo are selling the first Darksiders title as well for $7.49 that is for Steam. They also have quite a few other steam titles for sale such as Metro: 2033, Saints Row: The Third, and Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine for less that $10 each, They also have Hitman: Absolution for $35.99 which is the lowest I've seen for any site.

LuminousNoises

Did you get it from gamersgate then? so i know which one get's you argul's tomb..

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Are you guys sure Gamersgate gets you Arguls tomb? It makes no mention of this on the DS2 page.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
GreenManGaming has had this all for cheaper. At least they had the Season Pass for cheaper ($5). I cant justify buying it for any more than that.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19589 Posts

Are you guys sure Gamersgate gets you Arguls tomb? It makes no mention of this on the DS2 page.

jer_1

When I activated it, it said "Darksiders II - Preorder". So...possibly? I can't really check, since I bought the DLC Pass alongside it.

Meanwhile, this game actually seems to be criminally overlooked. I'm enjoying the heck out of the first hour, and I really didn't think much of Darksiders 1.
Definitely worth a look for any fans of Soul Reaver, Prince of Persia, Zelda or Metroidvania games.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Thanks for the heads up, I took the plunge and am downloading it now! I just hope that the tomb is included because I scoured the info and it definitely doesn't say on there...

mAArdman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mAArdman
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts

You can get it on steam for the same price (17 bucks), although the season pass and DLC are not on sale.
Also if you think the game looks a bit bland, use that sweetfx thingy. You can make it look quite better with some tweaking.

LuminousNoises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LuminousNoises

jer_1

When I purchased it and was reedeeming the code on Steam, it stated it was "pre-order" version of the game. I also purchased the Season Pass as well, but that pass doesn't include Argul's tomb. I booted up the game about an hour ago and there it was; Argul's tomb was availiable to play.

So yes, I can verify. I don't believe Gamersgate has it listed because they may only have so many codes of the pre-order version avaliable.

LuminousNoises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LuminousNoises

[QUOTE="jer_1"]

Planeforger

When I activated it, it said "Darksiders II - Preorder". So...possibly? I can't really check, since I bought the DLC Pass alongside it.

Meanwhile, this game actually seems to be criminally overlooked. I'm enjoying the heck out of the first hour, and I really didn't think much of Darksiders 1.
Definitely worth a look for any fans of Soul Reaver, Prince of Persia, Zelda or Metroidvania games.

Season Pass doesn't include Argul's Tomb, so if you have it listed as one of the campaigns you can play under "DLC" on the menu, than it did work out.