Dante's inferno for pc!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by NOMAD_78 (489 posts) -

Visceral games said that it wouldnt be released for pc

but wut about this site http://www.shopto.net/PC/GAMES/PCDA10-Dante%27s%20Inferno.html

they date dante's inferno for pc a month later than the console version and the most strange thing is that there is a pre-order

this is an english site.....any english persons can call them and ask them who the hell told them that???????

#2 Posted by JangoWuzHere (19032 posts) -

It would be cool if it did come to PC but these kinds of games are suited to the controller.

#3 Posted by fudgeblood (3165 posts) -

but these kinds of games are suited to the controller.

JangoWuzHere
That's why they made it so you can plug your controller into your PC. :/
#4 Posted by NOMAD_78 (489 posts) -

yeah....but thats not the problem....also there is alot of pc gamers have gamepads or xbox360 controller

and for games like dante's inferno even if i dont have a controller i will buy one jjust to play it

#5 Posted by JangoWuzHere (19032 posts) -
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

fudgeblood

Ya and every PC game has a gamepad right:roll:
#6 Posted by fudgeblood (3165 posts) -
What is this 'Dante's Inferno' anyway? Another generic hack 'n' slash?
#7 Posted by NOMAD_78 (489 posts) -

[QUOTE="fudgeblood"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

JangoWuzHere

Ya and every PC game has a gamepad right:roll:

NO :D:D i have logitech dual action and i can play all the games i have even strategy games

even if the game doesnt support gamepads u can use a 3rd party app to map the keyboard and the mouse to the gamepad

#8 Posted by Pintbitter (1022 posts) -

The setting sounds interesting, but the game mechanics look really generic. Just the same old hack'n'slash. I think I'll give this one a miss until something more unique in terms of gameplaycomes out.

Avatar image for Captain__Tripps
#9 Posted by Captain__Tripps (4522 posts) -

yeah....but thats not the problem....also there is alot of pc gamers have gamepads or xbox360 controller

and for games like dante's inferno even if i dont have a controller i will buy one jjust to play it

NOMAD_78
Thats not the problem? What are you talking about?
#10 Posted by biggest_loser (24258 posts) -
What is this 'Dante's Inferno' anyway? Another generic hack 'n' slash?fudgeblood
I think its meant to be a lot like God of War. Isn't it based on a poem?! Expect lots of QTE!
#11 Posted by NOMAD_78 (489 posts) -

[QUOTE="NOMAD_78"]

Captain__Tripps

pc gamers can manage anything i ve finished assassins creed and DMC4 with the keyboard and mouse :D that was nearly impossible

i mean that even if its is not well optimized for keyboard and mouse....buying a gamepad to play this game is worth it

#12 Posted by Mograine (3666 posts) -

What is this 'Dante's Inferno' anyway? Another generic hack 'n' slash?fudgeblood

Considering how the console players hype it, probably. The only thing it shares with Dante's Inferno is the name.

In the book, Dante faints...rather *often*. I'd love to see how can he now turn out to be wielding a crescent :roll:

Also, it's somewhat strange about the release. The english, spanish and russian wikipedias say it's only on PS3,PSP and X360, while the italian one also says PC, and also I find a lot of results from a "Dante's Inferno PC" google search.

Well, we'll see when it's released.

#13 Posted by nutcrackr (13029 posts) -
I thought they said it wasn't coming to PC? http://www.amazon.com/Dantes-Inferno-Playstation-3/dp/B001NX6GBK Amazon doesn't list it, nor does the box art match. I think the chances are slim.
#14 Posted by JangoWuzHere (19032 posts) -

[QUOTE="Captain__Tripps"][QUOTE="NOMAD_78"]

NOMAD_78

pc gamers can manage anything i ve finished assassins creed and DMC4 with the keyboard and mouse :D that was nearly impossible

i mean that even if its is not well optimized for keyboard and mouse....buying a gamepad to play this game is worth it

Ooooo you finished Assassins Creed with the mouse and keyboard I bet it was so hard:roll: And I would rather throw my DMC4 PC out the window then play it with the keyboard..
#15 Posted by Mograine (3666 posts) -

Ooooo you finished Assassins Creed with the mouse and keyboard I bet it was so hard:roll: And I would rather throw my DMC4 PC out the window then play it with the keyboard..JangoWuzHere

Indeed, those games are almost unplayable without a controller.

Not that they're great with a controller, either :roll:

#16 Posted by JangoWuzHere (19032 posts) -

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"] Ooooo you finished Assassins Creed with the mouse and keyboard I bet it was so hard:roll: And I would rather throw my DMC4 PC out the window then play it with the keyboard..Mograine

"AHem" Assassins Creed controls very well with mouse and keyboard. DMC4 controls like crap with keyborad....
#17 Posted by NOMAD_78 (489 posts) -

DMC was really fun!!!!

#18 Posted by NOMAD_78 (489 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mograine"]

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"] Ooooo you finished Assassins Creed with the mouse and keyboard I bet it was so hard:roll: And I would rather throw my DMC4 PC out the window then play it with the keyboard..JangoWuzHere

"AHem" Assassins Creed controls very well with mouse and keyboard. DMC4 controls like crap with keyborad....

once u get used to it..u will find it more difficult to play with a gamepad...that wut happened to me

#19 Posted by madrocketeer (4866 posts) -
Interesting. I've been looking at this one for a while. I was both fascinated by the weird setting and repelled by the generic hack'n'slash nature of the game. I'm still sceptical about it landing on the PC, but if it's true, I probably buy it if I have some spare change and time. Not a high-priority buy by any means, but might be a nice side purchase.
#20 Posted by denter21 (1283 posts) -
The only reason games like that play better on a controller is because nobody takes the time to redesign the controls properly for PC. There's nothing you can do with a controller that couldn't be done BETTER with a kb/mouse. It's a more accurate control device with more buttons.. it's just that nobody bothers to program their games properly.