Customizing pc wires.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for bluesunmerc
#1 Edited by bluesunmerc (275 posts) -

I'm and painting my pc case mass effect colors red, white, and black. I'm wanting to color my wires those colors and I'm not sure how to achieve this or what to buy any ideas.

Avatar image for FelipeInside
#2 Edited by FelipeInside (28482 posts) -

@bluesunmerc said:

I'm and painting my pc case mass effect colors red, white, and black. I'm wanting to color my wires those colors and I'm not sure how to achieve this or what to buy any ideas.

*I am painting

or

*I'm painting

You can't just paint wires, but you can get "sleeved" wires in different colours.

Avatar image for bluesunmerc
#3 Posted by bluesunmerc (275 posts) -

I am. I just can't find any place to buy sleeves

Avatar image for FelipeInside
#4 Posted by FelipeInside (28482 posts) -

@bluesunmerc said:

I am. I just can't find any place to buy sleeves

Can't help you there unless you're in Australia.

Online computer shops mostly.

Avatar image for zanelli
#5 Edited by zanelli (1063 posts) -

mdpc-x and FurryLetters ship to most places in the world. They both offer a large range of heatshrink and braided cable sleeves.

If this is your first time sleeving cables, I would get some extra to practice with. It's not really that hard to do, but it can be a little fiddly to get it looking perfect.

Avatar image for soolkiki
#6 Posted by soolkiki (1783 posts) -

@zanelli said:

mdpc-x and FurryLetters ship to most places in the world. They both offer a large range of heatshrink and braided cable sleeves.

If this is your first time sleeving cables, I would get some extra to practice with. It's not really that hard to do, but it can be a little fiddly to get it looking perfect.

^ This.

Not that I'm an expert, but I've seen some people who have done less than stellar jobs on their sleeving.

Avatar image for PredatorRules
#7 Edited by PredatorRules (11940 posts) -

@bluesunmerc said:

I am. I just can't find any place to buy sleeves

Ebay: look for wire sleeves or braided sleeves.

For example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PREMIUM-BRAIDED-EXPANDABLE-FLEX-SLEEVE-WIRING-HARNESS-LOOM-FLEXABLE-WIRE-COVER-/171057027072?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item27d3cb1800

Avatar image for BattleSpectre
#8 Edited by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

I wouldn't risk doing this haha, I never was an A+ student in Art lol. This is one of those things that can either look incredibly awesome or pathetically ugly.

Avatar image for bluesunmerc
#9 Posted by bluesunmerc (275 posts) -

@BattleSpectre: I have come to terms with this lol. No art student here just a determination for my rig to look cool

Avatar image for BattleSpectre
#10 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

@bluesunmerc said:

@BattleSpectre: I have come to terms with this lol. No art student here just a determination for my rig to look cool

Want it to look awesome? Slap a GTX Titan Z inside when it's released heheh.

Avatar image for soolkiki
#11 Posted by soolkiki (1783 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

@bluesunmerc said:

@BattleSpectre: I have come to terms with this lol. No art student here just a determination for my rig to look cool

Want it to look awesome? Slap a GTX Titan Z inside when it's released heheh.

I think mine would look good like that too. However, I think I would just end up putting three $1000 wads on top of my current GPU and let it sit there. It would achieve exactly the same end. :)

Avatar image for BattleSpectre
#12 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

@soolkiki said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@bluesunmerc said:

@BattleSpectre: I have come to terms with this lol. No art student here just a determination for my rig to look cool

Want it to look awesome? Slap a GTX Titan Z inside when it's released heheh.

I think mine would look good like that too. However, I think I would just end up putting three $1000 wads on top of my current GPU and let it sit there. It would achieve exactly the same end. :)

You don't want something to catch on fire now, make sure to watch those temps.

Avatar image for soolkiki
#13 Posted by soolkiki (1783 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

@soolkiki said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@bluesunmerc said:

@BattleSpectre: I have come to terms with this lol. No art student here just a determination for my rig to look cool

Want it to look awesome? Slap a GTX Titan Z inside when it's released heheh.

I think mine would look good like that too. However, I think I would just end up putting three $1000 wads on top of my current GPU and let it sit there. It would achieve exactly the same end. :)

You don't want something to catch on fire now, make sure to watch those temps.

mm...true. Maybe if I watercool it, it'll be okay?

Avatar image for BattleSpectre
#14 Edited by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

@soolkiki said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@soolkiki said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@bluesunmerc said:

@BattleSpectre: I have come to terms with this lol. No art student here just a determination for my rig to look cool

Want it to look awesome? Slap a GTX Titan Z inside when it's released heheh.

I think mine would look good like that too. However, I think I would just end up putting three $1000 wads on top of my current GPU and let it sit there. It would achieve exactly the same end. :)

You don't want something to catch on fire now, make sure to watch those temps.

mm...true. Maybe if I watercool it, it'll be okay?

As long as you can still use the 3k in the future, most definitely.

Avatar image for darksusperia
#15 Posted by darksusperia (6945 posts) -

Sleeving is a pita. I did my front panel connectors and I couldnt imagine the patience to do a whole PSU. so I ordered mine from http://www.moddiy.com/

Good service, very quick. Would buy from again.

Avatar image for joseph_mach
#16 Edited by joseph_mach (3891 posts) -

http://www.frozencpu.com is a great place for pc mods of all sorts. Check out their cable section and look under the multi-sleeved, braids, etc. I've never had a problem with them and feel comfortable recommending them.