CS:Go vs BF4 vs CoD:Ghosts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Been busy playing Secret World but right now I have an FPS itch, online and campaign, competative, maybe even co-op.

So I'm looking at 3 choices

CS:Go - I played the original CS and tbh I'm not really looking forward to the same thing, I need something different, it's just too twitchy for my taste, I need something slightly less jerky.

CoD - I'm probably the last guy on earth that has never played any CoD. Afaik it's like the old Quake Arena but optimized for consoles. The reason I'm considering it is I hear the cod series has really good campaigns, as well as co-op modes. That's what I need right now, a big beefy FPS with a bunch of different modes and tons of content.

BF4 - Played BF2 and loved it, is it about the same thing? I'm strongly considering getting this because I love BIG games (ie, 64 players, etc.) Not sure if it has co-op. Some said the capaign sucks. I don't know what the "premium membership" is for, I guess for new maps, is that really necessary?

Anyway, please give me the scoop. I need answers, I'm looking to buy and download tonight and get playing if possile.

Thank you.

gunslinger024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#2 gunslinger024
Member since 2012 • 252 Posts

Battlefield 4

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@ZombieKiller7 said:

CoD -Afaik it's like the old Quake Arena but optimized for consoles. The reason I'm considering it is I hear the cod series has really good campaigns, as well as co-op modes. That's what I need right now, a big beefy FPS with a bunch of different modes and tons of content.

You're pretty much wrong on all points there, about COD. Hahaha. That might be a bit like how it used to be, but certainly not the recent ones. Also, the newest one, Ghosts, is crazy unoptimized for PC, and downright broken in many ways.

I play CSGO pretty much every day, and it does feel quite a bit different than the original CS and Source, but similar enough that you still probably wouldn't like it if you don't want the twitch.

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts

CS:GO is the best one, it's pretty fun if you play with friends. BF4 is good if you plan to play by yourself and CoD just isn't good.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I could recommend on CS GO, but you said you don't want the same experience.

I wouldn't recommend on CoD nore on BF games.

Titanfall is going to be another CoD ripoff so that's a no no for me.

I'm currently playing Warframe and it's free so I can recommend on that.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

all are quite bad

bf4 has 10 tickrate and the game has worse artstyle than bf3, worse shooting, and a lot blurrier and more brown

cod ghosts has a good sp, but the mp is just a large step down from mw2, changing fov gets you banend

cs go requires no aiming, blurry, the competitive mode people have 400ms reactions+, camping to the max

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

If you find some friends to play with, or get into a proper squad, you can enjoy some teamworking in bf4, but it's all about fancy effects and things exploding close to you.

GO is just bad, it's like tf2 simulating cod weapon camos and with a lot of clueless players influenced by heavy advertising saying that pro players play cs go.

And just avoid ghosts lol, you could get Black Ops 2 instead but it's almost empty.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

BF4

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#9 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Lol..fancy effects and things exploding close to you. You mean Michael Bayism.

brodelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By brodelin
Member since 2005 • 583 Posts

I'd reccomend Bf4, it is nowhere as bad of a game as many people claim it to be. Sure the game was broken on release (patched up and works fine now), some minor issues are still there.