Crysis Warhead=Games for Windows LIVE ='(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PATH0G3N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PATH0G3N
Member since 2007 • 428 Posts
Go search for crysis warhead, then click on the box art and read the top : Games For Windows...Live.
Why Crytek?!? Why?!!
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78b683675c5
deactivated-5d78b683675c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5d78b683675c5
Member since 2007 • 3161 Posts

My copy of Crysis says that, so what?

Ah, never mind, I only noticed the Live part now.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Whats that mean?

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

Whats that mean?

gregbmil

It means it will use Windows LIVE in some way. Most likely, you will need a silver LIVE account to play online games.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gregbmil

Ok, thanks. Good thing I got a 360

Does that mean it will have acheiviments that will show up on my 360 gamer tag?

1carus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 1carus
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts
Terrible news. Not that I really care for Crytek after their whole "We're never developing games for PC again" rant. I'll stick to the true PC Developers, well.... until they decide there's too much piracy on the PC too.
Kez1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Kez1984
Member since 2007 • 4548 Posts
[QUOTE="gregbmil"]

Whats that mean?

JP_Russell

It means it will use Windows LIVE in some way. Most likely, you will need a silver LIVE account to play online games.

If that means we are having to pay to play online, then they are giong to get alot of flack.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
[QUOTE="JP_Russell"][QUOTE="gregbmil"]

Whats that mean?

Kez1984

If that means we are having to pay to play online, then they are giong to get alot of flack.

It's free.

Kez1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Kez1984
Member since 2007 • 4548 Posts
Then why are people whining?
gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gregbmil
[QUOTE="JP_Russell"][QUOTE="gregbmil"]

Whats that mean?

Kez1984

If you only need a silver account, then thats free. But if it turns out you need a gold account then it's $50 a year, $20 for 3 months, or $10 per month!!

Do you have to pay to play Gears of War online for the PC? (never tried a Games for Windows game yet)

If that means we are having to pay to play online, then they are giong to get alot of flack

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts
man think about it, we have to pay for a MICRO$oft OS then pay for the game, then pay for internet service, then pay to play the game online. sooner or later only millionares will be the only ones playing online videogames even on PC. They should include windows live free with every windows OS because they have it overpriced $100-$150 over from what its really worth anyway.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78b683675c5
deactivated-5d78b683675c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5d78b683675c5
Member since 2007 • 3161 Posts

Then why are people whining?Kez1984

Silver is free, but a gold account you have to pay for, it'll most likely have more features.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
[QUOTE="gregbmil"]

Whats that mean?

JP_Russell

Well I have a 360 online account so I shouldn't have no problem playing the game, sucks if you don't have one though.

bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts

From the official statement on Crytek's official mod site it says

The pack shot below is not the final version and just a teaser how it might look like.
Do not pay too much attention to the logos such as the "LIVE" logo, since they have been placed for a placeholder purpose and nothing else.

So since the first one didn't use live, I would bet money that it wont start with warhead

Source

uzaku1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 uzaku1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
awwww. that just ruined it.
1carus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 1carus
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts

Then why are people whining?Kez1984

Because it's a terrible system run by Microsoft which is just another step to making Windows the only platform to run real games. It also makes PC Games act more like consoles instead of working in the open format that we're used to. It's just a very shaky program that, if all goes to plan, Microsoft will be in control of how we play games over the internet too, which I'd much rather Microsoft never has control over.

If Games For Windows Live does pick up, I could see Microsoft whacking a large "you have to pay now" price onto your account in the near future, which by then, it'll probably be too late to go back to regular internet gaming.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JP_Russell

Terrible news. Not that I really care for Crytek after their whole "We're never developing games for PC again" rant. I'll stick to the true PC Developers, well.... until they decide there's too much piracy on the PC too.1carus

They didn't say they weren't developing for PC anymore, they said they're not developing exclusively for PC anymore. I don't like it either, but it's possible they'll be smart and develop each game for the PC first and change it as needed for the consoles.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I like GFW:Live. Used to have a 360, so I can use my old tag. Silver account = free also... and achievements :D
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JP_Russell

The pack shot below is not the final version and just a teaser how it might look like.
Do not pay too much attention to the logos such as the "LIVE" logo, since they have been placed for a placeholder purpose and nothing else.

So since the first one didn't use live, I would bet money that it wont start with warhead

Source

bignice12

Okay, that's good.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
No more GFW Live games please.
Vilot_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vilot_Hero
Member since 2008 • 4522 Posts
GFW Live is pretty sweet(I have no problems technical wise).
36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 36O
Member since 2006 • 823 Posts
no big deal, it means just for windows, I use vista I so it doesn't effect me. And if it means you need Live for the PC, I don't mind getting that either because having a 360, I know its a good system of use.
elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 elbow2k
Member since 2007 • 1645 Posts

I hope this isn't the case, I loved Crysis, but my experience with Games for Windows: Live has been nothing short of a disaster. Having to deal with Gears of War and all of it's problems associated with Live, was an absolute nightmare, at one point it stopped recording my achievements, for some unknown reason. All of the times it disconnected, or simply just wouldn't connect at all compounded the frustration, as other programs that required internet connections worked fine, but no this crap.

I love Steam, I consider it to be a fantastic service, and if Microsoft can't meet the bar set by Valve, the stop wasting our time as gamers and focus on putting more anti-piracy software on your next Windows, or your Xbox, leave PC gaming to those who KNOW how to get things done right.

Stevendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Stevendawg
Member since 2006 • 500 Posts

Source

bignice12
eddy96_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 eddy96_1
Member since 2003 • 1388 Posts
i dont mind it aswell and i dont have a 360... i like the achivement part of it and yea it would b more appealing if there wasnt a fee for the gold account. im not payin it cause the only GFW:Live game i have is gears of war
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

Source

bignice12

ah ! good news, i hope they are smart and don't use GFW live

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#27 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Is this a sequel or what?
Stevendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Stevendawg

Is this a sequel or what? biggest_loser
Did you play the original?

Either way.

Two guys are together, at the end they get reunited. In this you're playing through the eyes of the other guy. That's what I get out of it.

Stevendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Stevendawg

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]Is this a sequel or what? Stevendawg

Either way.

Two guys are together, at the end they get reunited. In this you're playing through the eyes of the other guy. That's what I get out of it.

Ehh.. forgot to say that they get seperated.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 biggest_loser

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]Is this a sequel or what? Stevendawg

Either way.

I know you play as Psycho but i wasn't sure if this was an expansion pack or a full sequel. It seems quite early for the latter!!

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JP_Russell
[QUOTE="Stevendawg"]

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]Is this a sequel or what? biggest_loser

Either way.

I know you play as Psycho but i wasn't sure if this was an expansion pack or a full sequel. It seems quite early for the latter!!

Well, all the sources that announced Warhead referred to it as Crysis's sequel, but I think they all just assumed that's what it was. I never saw a quote from Crytek specifically calling it a sequel. The setting (playing as an alternate character during the same timeline to get an alternate perspective) sounds like material for an expansion, not a sequel, and like you said, it's awfully early for a full-fledged sequel already.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 biggest_loser
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"][QUOTE="Stevendawg"]

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]Is this a sequel or what? JP_Russell

Either way.

Well, all the sources that announced Warhead referred to it as Crysis's sequel, but I think they all just assumed that's what it was. I never saw a quote from Crytek specifically calling it a sequel. The setting (playing as an alternate character during the same timeline to get an alternate perspective) sounds like material for an expansion, not a sequel, and like you said, it's awfully early for a full-fledged sequel already.

I remember making a post about wanting to play as Psycho's son...i guess this will have to do for now!!

moshakirby18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 moshakirby18
Member since 2006 • 1665 Posts
Similair to gears of war PC if you played it.
More anti-piracy.
lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts
There is also a possibility this means PCvs360 if Warhead is being developed for 360 as lets face it, thats a pretty well known fact they are developing it, the whole we are never going PC exclusive again gave it away.
WDT-BlackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WDT-BlackKat
Member since 2008 • 1779 Posts

There are two online matching/browser services which ruin the multiplayer portion of games they're put into.

One is Games for Windows Live.

[the other is the EA Sports online component]

ShadowJake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ShadowJake
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts

I don't see why everyone is complaining - this only makes me want it more. Achievements are awesome and addicting. I hope they make more Windows Live games.

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#37 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts

I don't see why everyone is complaining - this only makes me want it more. Achievements are awesome and addicting. I hope they make more Windows Live games.

ShadowJake
Why did you bump this OLD topic?