Crysis 3 worth $20?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

Its on sale for 20 bucks on Origin store. Is it worth it at that price?

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
I just bought it for 20 bucks because I enjoyed the other Crysis games. The majority of people here are going to tell you no though. :P
pawq4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pawq4
Member since 2013 • 448 Posts

No it is not. The gameplay is uninspired and the story is really generic and poorly written. The only good thing about it is the graphics.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I'd wait and get it for lower. It is a 5 hour mediocre campaign.

jcknapier711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jcknapier711
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts
If you really really like Crysis 2 then you probably should get it. I didn't like 2, but I might pick up the original at some point...
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Nope,awful consolised and just like Crysis 2

Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts

CUDGEdave
What does that even mean? Every PC shooter from the 90s was extremely linear. It has nothing to do with consoles.
jcknapier711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jcknapier711
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts
[QUOTE="CUDGEdave"]

Brean24
What does that even mean? Every PC shooter from the 90s was extremely linear. It has nothing to do with consoles.

Naah... They have to rework the sighting mechanism to account for control pads. Control pads simply cannot aim as precisely as mice do. So, they have to nerf the controls to give a handicap to game pad users.
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Depends on how much you make.

Personally: no.  For you, why not?

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

[QUOTE="CUDGEdave"]

Brean24

Awful games and nowhere near the god like quality Crysis and Crysis Warhead are.

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

[QUOTE="CUDGEdave"]

Brean24

"Consolised" doesn't mean "linear".

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JangoWuzHere

[QUOTE="Brean24"][QUOTE="CUDGEdave"]

broken_bass_bin

When talking about Crysis? Linear is the only thing to rant about.

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

not unless you have some crazy PC rig and need to test its graphics.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#14 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Of course, it's like 5 hours to beat.

ZionismFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZionismFTW
Member since 2013 • 316 Posts

I was gonna buy it, but I have a lot of games I haven't played through yet despite buying awhile ago.  I bought Dead Space 3, instead, and I loved the first two.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts

not unless you have some crazy PC rig and need to test its graphics.

ShimmerMan
This is one of the reasons I bought it.. :P Wanted to see dat gtx670 in action.
gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts
Crysis 2 and 3 aren't even worth 5$ to me. Hell I wouldn't get it if they were free due to how crappy they are compared to 1 and warhead.
Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
I ended up getting the game off Ebay for 8 bucks... I enjoyed it a lot, but its hard to take the story serious even though it really wants to be an emotional ride.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
$10 max.
Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

No it is not. The gameplay is uninspired and the story is really generic and poorly written. The only good thing about it is the graphics.

pawq4

this

I would say it's worth something like $5 at best.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

[QUOTE="Brean24"][QUOTE="CUDGEdave"]

CUDGEdave

Awful games and nowhere near the god like quality Crysis and Crysis Warhead are.

I highly disagree that Crysis 1 and Warhead were "godlike." As a matter of fact, they're not much better than Crysis 2 was. Lame story, no personality in the characters, and the gameplay was pretty mediocre as well. Yeah, it was open world (for the most parts, some of the game was not) but there was never anything off the beaten path anyways.
ZionismFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ZionismFTW
Member since 2013 • 316 Posts
[QUOTE="CUDGEdave"]

[QUOTE="Brean24"] What does that even mean? Every PC shooter from the 90s was extremely linear. It has nothing to do with consoles.Toxic-Seahorse

I highly disagree that Crysis 1 and Warhead were "godlike." As a matter of fact, they're not much better than Crysis 2 was. Lame story, no personality in the characters, and the gameplay was pretty mediocre as well. Yeah, it was open world (for the most parts, some of the game was not) but there was never anything off the beaten path anyways.

I just don't get why some of the GameSpot gamers take these absurd positions. Whether it's Xbox/PS3 fanboyism, or hating on game from being "console ports" (some truth to it, on occasion), or acting as if the first Crysis had a more advanced engine than its sequels.... I'll never understand. Crysis 2 was far more graphically sophisticated than its predecessor, as far as the story goes... I dunno, I haven't finished Crysis 2, yet (I find it slightly boring).
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="broken_bass_bin"]

[QUOTE="Brean24"] What does that even mean? Every PC shooter from the 90s was extremely linear. It has nothing to do with consoles.JangoWuzHere

How about gimped controls and removal of half the suit powers?
gogoplexiorayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#24 gogoplexiorayo
Member since 2005 • 114 Posts

i bought it full price when it was released. It is a good game but not as good as the first and second. The game is way to easy and i dont like that they tried to make the game more serious. I was dissapointed in the game, but maybe you will like it.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts

nope. if you're any kind of crysis fan it's just not worth the disappointment. even c2 is vastly superior

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JangoWuzHere
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

[QUOTE="broken_bass_bin"]

kraken2109

How was it gimped? They simplified the controls so that you don't have to use the stupid radial menu. All of the suit powers from Crysis 1 are in Crysis 2 and 3.
MasterNinja49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MasterNinja49
Member since 2008 • 461 Posts

It's a good tech demo, not a good game. the only parts I had fun playing was the high grass stalking areas. I say it's worth $10.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"] When talking about Crysis? Linear is the only thing to rant about.JangoWuzHere

How was it gimped? They simplified the controls so that you don't have to use the stupid radial menu. All of the suit powers from Crysis 1 are in Crysis 2 and 3.

No lean, no prone. You can't actually switch to speed or strength. For example in Crysis you could use speed to walk and crawl faster and strength to lower recoil when sniping which you can't do in C2 or 3.

The radial menu actually meant you were in control of your powers rather than the game deciding what you want. In C2 and 3 you can't even run without using suit energy which is completely stupid.

This is all down to them trying to make it gamepad friendly and it just made it another COD clone.

sedhic23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sedhic23
Member since 2011 • 126 Posts

don't waste your money on that game. instead save more money, since steam summer sale is 2 weeks away.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JangoWuzHere

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"][QUOTE="kraken2109"] How about gimped controls and removal of half the suit powers?kraken2109

No lean, no prone. You can't actually switch to speed or strength. For example in Crysis you could use speed to walk and crawl faster and strength to lower recoil when sniping which you can't do in C2 or 3.

The radial menu actually meant you were in control of your powers rather than the game deciding what you want. In C2 and 3 you can't even run without using suit energy which is completely stupid.

This is all down to them trying to make it gamepad friendly and it just made it another COD clone.

"No lean, no prone. You can't actually switch to speed or strength. For example in Crysis you could use speed to walk and crawl faster and strength to lower recoil when sniping which you can't do in C2 or 3."

leaning and prone are really minor points. They got rid of the leaning because they wanted to implement a cover system. Going prone isn't that big of a loss. You are always running at a decent speed in Crysis 2, so implementing those minor speed boosts wouldn't be necessary. You were always extremely slow in Crysis 1, and you needed to be in speed mode to get anywhere. You can reduce recoil by aiming down sights and holding a specific key. All the powers of the suit are in the game. They didn't take any out as far as I am concerned.

"The radial menu actually meant you were in control of your powers rather than the game deciding what you want. In C2 and 3 you can't even run without using suit energy which is completely stupid."

Speed mode is now on a hot key. I think that's a lot smarter then having to use the radial menu. All the powers are on hot keys, so it makes the gameplay faster without having to switch using the radial menu. In Crysis 3, energy doesn't reduce when you start sprinting.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

yeah id say no the SP is way to short + just not good in general and the MP wont hold your attention very long at all.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

No. not even for free.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#33 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
$20 for visuals maybe, I thought mp was ok but it's similar to 2 so if you played that you won't get much more from it $10 is the price for it imo, it's a visual treat.