Crysis 2 to be set in NYC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

demortez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 demortez
Member since 2008 • 112 Posts

Yes, you read that right. Crysis 2 will move away from the jungle into an alien invaded NYC.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Yes, you read that right. Crysis 2 will move away from the jungle into an alien invaded NYC.

demortez
Are you really just now figuring that out? LOL This is old news around here.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Today some dude scanned the entire PSM over at, uh, The Site We Can't Mention For Some Reason (But Everybody Know What I'm Talking About Anyway).

It's a pretty interesting article. Crytek refuses to say if Jake, Psycho and the others return, they just have something "interesting". You're not supposed to have the nanosuit, so CryNet soldiers are enemies. One of the missions involves reaching an alien spaceship that crashed right through a skyscraper, punching a giant hole through it.

And a quote that should shut up haters:

The city's ruins create vistas, strategic points where you can perform reconnaissance and gather intelligence. "The world is living without you", the game's executive producer Nathan Camarillo says. "You can look at the city and see its plot elements. You have to build a story in the alloted space".

isaacyassar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 isaacyassar
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts
No more beautiful jungle and sea then..
dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts

Today some dude scanned the entire PSM over at, uh, The Site We Can't Mention For Some Reason (But Everybody Know What I'm Talking About Anyway).

It's a pretty interesting article. Crytek refuses to say if Jake, Psycho and the others return, they just have something "interesting". You're not supposed to have the nanosuit, so CryNet soldiers are enemies. One of the missions involves reaching an alien spaceship that crashed right through a skyscraper, punching a giant hole through it.

The city's ruins create vistas, strategic points where you can perform reconnaissance and gather intelligence. "The world is living without you", the game's executive producer Nathan Camarillo says. "You can look at the city and see its plot elements. You have to build a story in the alloted space".

Baranga

Hmmm. No nano suit? Might be interesting, but I do hope you are able to get one later in the game, perhaps upgrading it over time. And it's good to hear that the world will not be in enclosed spaces. At least not entirely.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 millerlight89
Hmmm, Crysis is not my favorite game, but from what Baranga provided has be quite interested in Crysis 2. I just hope they have learned how to do indoor environments better this time around.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Baranga

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

dos4gw82

Hmmm. No nano suit? Might be interesting, but I do hope you are able to get one later in the game, perhaps upgrading it over time. And it's good to hear that the world will not be in enclosed spaces. At least not entirely.

No, you have the nanosuit and you do upgrade it, but you're not supposed to have it. You stole it or something. Like in a Will Smith movie!

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#8 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

I'm not going to spoil anybody, but i don't see how the game is set in NYC after the ending of the first.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 millerlight89

I'm not going to spoil anybody, but i don't see how the game is set in NYC after the ending of the first.

RealKilla_789
I heard it is 3 years past.
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#10 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts
[QUOTE="RealKilla_789"]

millerlight89
I heard it is 3 years past.

well the way the ending was set up it seemed like in crysis 2, the game would start of immediately after the ending of the first. i thought we're supposed to see what happens when you try to save you know who. but i guess from a creative and gameplay stand point, that would be pretty bad.
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

The news are old. Main character, main location, year in which starts the game, changes in the world, changes in the gameplay... even a whole level described. All these information is available in sites as incrysis.con for at least a week ago. If you don't worry about spoilers, you can take tons of info here:

http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=847&Itemid=1

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=29962&p=17

Most of the info, resumed, was in a thread I post here in PC & Mac Games forum few days ago.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Yeah its a pretty impressive change,crytek really changed the way they make games, i am saying that like its a good thing, there was nothing wrong with how they made crysis and far cry but the new ideas they are gonna show us in crysis 2 are just plain epic!![QUOTE="Baranga"]

Impressive, impressive, city ruins and spaceships crashed on skyscrapers are impressive indeed!! But what is that site we cannot mention? PM me about it if you want!
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#13 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
What the devil?! How dare they! :(
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

No more rail shooter sequences please.

Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
You mean like the 50 billion CODs? Yeah.
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#16 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
Crysis 1 only looked impressive in the jungle, the buildings and their interiors were good but not spectacular. I wonder how it will turn out graphically!
dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts
You stole it or something. Like in a Will Smith movie!Baranga
"Aww hell no!"
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jun_aka_pekto

You mean like the 50 billion CODs? Yeah.ocstew

I mean literally. :D

I did smile when I saw it really was a rail shooter sequence. Ha Ha. Psycho on top of a moving choo choo.

No more stuff like this, please. But combat inside a subway train ala Predator 2. I guess that would be okay being in NYC and all.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jun_aka_pekto

After my previous post, I have to wonder of Crytek is actually following the trend with the Predator movies........ The first Predator was in the jungle. The sequel was in Los Angeles........ Hmmmm.

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

After my previous post, I have to wonder of Crytek is actually following the trend with the Predator movies........ The first Predator was in the jungle. The sequel was in Los Angeles........ Hmmmm.

jun_aka_pekto
how about the trend of the first one being crap and the sequel being awesome does crysis follow this as well
NLahren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#21 NLahren
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts
it is the 4 thread about it, maybe we can reach 5
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Baranga

[QUOTE="ocstew"]You mean like the 50 billion CODs? Yeah.jun_aka_pekto

I mean literally. :D

I did smile when I saw it really was a rail shooter sequence. Ha Ha. Psycho on top of a moving choo choo.

No more stuff like this, please. But combat inside a subway train ala Predator 2. I guess that would be okay being in NYC and all.

You know you can jump off the train and do whatever you like, right? You'll catch up with it later in the level...

Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts

if the game looks like the environment of i am legend new york city, then this game is going to be graphically intense. i was thinking maybe there trying to go for the best render of new york city, since many has tried and none have succeeded. being i live in new york city, i should feel at home with the game..lol

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
I think it will be great idea if we get the kind of scope that was in the first but within a Urban environment.
alvaro_pg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 alvaro_pg
Member since 2003 • 330 Posts
I really hope Crytek doesn't let us down with this one. Since it is coming to PS3 and Xbox360 I'd hate to see them tune down the graphics quality just so console gamers can get decent performance :S
Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#26 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts

Thats fine my me I like games set in a city since the last was all jungle another jungle would just kind of be dull :P

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
I really hope Crytek doesn't let us down with this one. Since it is coming to PS3 and Xbox360 I'd hate to see them tune down the graphics quality just so console gamers can get decent performance :Salvaro_pg
I am more worried about the fact it comes out before 2011 and they have not showed anything about the pc! Somehow i am starting to believe that they wont have enough time to develop the pc version seperately and make it a bit diffirent from the console version and just like all multiplatform games nowadays, the pc version will have many similaries to the console version, and we all know that from what we have seen so far the console footage looks nothing like the first crysis, not only in graphics, but in FOV, and control mechanics! It looks like a console fps! Anyway that one of the things that puzzles me about releasing the game before 2011 when you have to make a game of such a scale with seperate focus in the design of the console and pc version!
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jun_aka_pekto

You know you can jump off the train and do whatever you like, right? You'll catch up with it later in the level...Baranga

Actually, no.

I want to get off before any shooting starts. It'd be better if Psycho can walk all the way. I'll take my chances.

Cool. Lemme try Warhead again.

siddarthshetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 siddarthshetty
Member since 2008 • 9463 Posts

Will be intresting to see how it turns out

ekultus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ekultus
Member since 2010 • 1013 Posts

i might have to upgrade my pewt pewt for this one

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts

[QUOTE="dos4gw82"]

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

Baranga

No, you have the nanosuit and you do upgrade it, but you're not supposed to have it. You stole it or something. Like in a Will Smith movie!

I can already see myself playing the game again with a full upgraded suit...
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jun_aka_pekto

I still think the creators of Crysis are avid fans of the Predator movies. The first Predator with Arnie S was set in the jungles of Central America. The sequel with Danny Glover was set in Los Angeles.

Hopefully with the city settings, there'll be a lot of indoors action. My pc was barely able to handle (sometimes dropping as low as 25 fps) Crysis and Warhead at High to Very High settings in the outdoor urban settings when cloaked. But the indoor scenes were quite fluid.

the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

No more beautiful jungle and sea then..isaacyassar

Good riddance.

Hopefully they kept the color pallet though... would be a shame if this game went grey and brown like all the other FPS games out there.