Crysis 2 is a major disappointment.....

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#51 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
Or, if we take a look at it logically, it means that people actually liked Oblivion...shocking. Maybe it didn't live up to Morrowind but it was a very addicting game.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
13 hours long is the SP campaign if the gamereactor reveiw is anything to go by.. 9/10
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 GeneralShowzer
So people on forums = everyone? Faulty logic + offensive. Best combination, best contribution.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]So people on forums = everyone? Faulty logic + offensive. Best combination, best contribution.ShimmerMan
Why are you taking the word "everyone" in a literal sense. You know people do not use the word "everyone" to mean Every single person on the planet. It can be used to mean "everyone" in a "certain group". For example there's a group of people in the cinema watching a movie, and most of the people there begin to laugh at a certain part of the movie. You can then say "everyone is laughing". And that is obviously how I intended the usage of the word in my post. I did not mean everyone who played the game was disappointed, obviously I meant everyone who is generally vocal about a game these forums. Troll less.

Right and i proved to you that most of the people wether critics or users rated this game high.

Those who thought it was just a benchmark were a minority obviously.

So it would be ok for me to say, Everyone loved the game.

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#57 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

[QUOTE="ShimmerMan"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]So people on forums = everyone? Faulty logic + offensive. Best combination, best contribution.GeneralShowzer

Why are you taking the word "everyone" in a literal sense. You know people do not use the word "everyone" to mean Every single person on the planet. It can be used to mean "everyone" in a "certain group". For example there's a group of people in the cinema watching a movie, and most of the people there begin to laugh at a certain part of the movie. You can then say "everyone is laughing". And that is obviously how I intended the usage of the word in my post. I did not mean everyone who played the game was disappointed, obviously I meant everyone who is generally vocal about a game these forums. Troll less.

Right and i proved to you that most of the people wether critics or users rated this game high.

Those who thinked it was just a benchmark were a minority obviously.

So everyone loved Oblivion then as that game scored 9.3 user raiting? Yes??? if you think user raiting means anything you're misguided. All it means is more people put the slider to the 10 mark. Instead of the 1 mark. It doesn't actually give a accurate statistic on what peoples thoughts and views were on the game. Numbers mean nothing, words mean more.

And you're still taking the word "everyone" out of context. This is a forum post, with some people saying Crysis 2 will be dissappointing. For me to use the word "everyone complained about Crysis when it was released" in this thread, it was in context to what was happening in the thread. Ie I was talking about people on forums in threads complaining about Crysis when it was released. And I used the word everyone because I'm in the same scenario, I'm in a forum, in a thread with some peopel complaining about Crysis 2. It was all in context..

You can not use the word Everyone in regards to raitings in this thread, without being specific about the fact that you're relating on a different demographic. You're now talking about user raitings which is a different group to forums posts. So you could say

"everyone who rated the game in user scores loved the game"

But you cannot say

"everyone loved the game"

If you really want ot get anal about things. I could of said "everyone on forums complained about the Crysis when it was released".. But I honestly thought no one was stupid enough to take the word "everyone" so literally and try to make it out that I was actually talking about "everyone". You're either very dim or just plain trolling.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="ShimmerMan"]

Everyone was **** about Crysis 1 saying it's all eye candy and no gameplay. So I guess people complaining about Crysis 2 is nothing new either. So in that way it's not a dissappointment.

ShimmerMan

Metascore 91 GS user score (19.000 votes) 8.9 Yes....EVERYONE

Maybe you weren't around here at that time (I don't know). But your reply is naive, bringing up meta score and user scores like that actually means anything? Raitings and user reception are two seperate worlds.

Look at Oblivion. Many many users were dissapointed and very vocal about it on the forums when the game was released. And what are the raitings, 9.3, and also 9.3 user. That essentially proved your post is full of ___.

yeah, a few users who barely number in the hundreds on gamespot are much more reliable.

being vocal on the forums and user reception are two different worlds. ratings on popular sites like gamespot is the closest idea we can get of what people think about the game, and certainly not tom and jesse who post in the PC gaming forum on gamespot bashing Oblivion in every thread.

pcgamer_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 pcgamer_07
Member since 2007 • 1164 Posts
Too bad the game has been getting 9/10 from reviewers so far.Crypt_mx
Do those early reviews mean anything when the rest have an embargo. If it still get those scores afterwards you can make your point better.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

No PC review code for Crysis 2, so our review will be delayed. Apparently Crytek didn't supply PC code because it might be leaked. Um.

Rickylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Rickylee
Member since 2002 • 1342 Posts

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

[QUOTE="ShimmerMan"] Why are you taking the word "everyone" in a literal sense. You know people do not use the word "everyone" to mean Every single person on the planet. It can be used to mean "everyone" in a "certain group". For example there's a group of people in the cinema watching a movie, and most of the people there begin to laugh at a certain part of the movie. You can then say "everyone is laughing". And that is obviously how I intended the usage of the word in my post. I did not mean everyone who played the game was disappointed, obviously I meant everyone who is generally vocal about a game these forums. Troll less.ShimmerMan

So everyone loved Oblivion then as that game scored 9.3 user raiting? Yes??? if you think user raiting means anything you're misguided. All it means is more people put the slider to the 10 mark. Instead of the 1 mark. It doesn't actually give a accurate statistic on what peoples thoughts and views were on the game. Numbers mean nothing, words mean more.

And you're still taking the word "everyone" out of context. This is a forum post, with some people saying Crysis 2 will be dissappointing. For me to use the word "everyone complained about Crysis when it was released" in this thread, it was in context to what was happening in the thread. Ie I was talking about people on forums in threads complaining about Crysis when it was released. And I used the word everyone because I'm in the same scenario, I'm in a forum, in a thread with some peopel complaining about Crysis 2. It was all in context..

You can not use the word Everyone in regards to raitings in this thread, without being specific about the fact that you're relating on a different demographic. You're now talking about user raitings which is a different group to forums posts. So you could say

But you cannot say

If you really want ot get anal about things. I could of said "everyone on forums complained about the Crysis when it was released".. But I honestly thought no one was stupid enough to take the word "everyone" so literally and try to make it out that I was actually talking about "everyone". You're either very dim or just plain trolling.

First paragraph; you state numbers mean nothing words mean everything. I think the numbers are a better determination in that more people would use them to express their opinion on the game cause it's easy and doesn't take allot of time. Words on the other hand are more thought out and usually the resault of someones dissatisfaction then pleasure in a game. Most people don't go out of their way to compliment something but will certianly do so to complain.

The rest of this post you dedicate to how anyone that doesn't understand you use of "everyone" is stupid and a troll. Words mean things and it's alright if you want to use them in your own fashion but you shouldn't be angry with some of us that don't agree. Your right it is all about context and shouldn't assume that we all know what you mean without that context. Remember where're dim and don't always read peoples minds. Just sayin'. (Flame shield up)

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#62 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts
Crysis 1 = Good only because the graphics required something ridiculous to run and people convinced the game was GOOD because they blew so much money on it. Crysis 2 = Another run of the mil average shooter #454535654656
TruedUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TruedUp
Member since 2002 • 691 Posts

The MP demo left such a bad taste in my mouth that I am holding off for now. I HOPE it turns out good (the game), but I may wait for a price drop.

pcgamer_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 pcgamer_07
Member since 2007 • 1164 Posts

No PC review code for Crysis 2, so our review will be delayed. Apparently Crytek didn't supply PC code because it might be leaked. Um.

Baranga

lol they are on a roll, even though despite console versions have also been leaked. Gives me the feeling everything they have done that has run up to the pc version has all been intentional. The PR bs, holding out showing the pc version till the very end, the internal beta leak, the demo fiasco, three locked presets with little difference. They have been obsessed with piracy ever since crysis sales didn't meet their egos and they have already geared up to use the same excuse. They know what they are doing with pc version and if enough people still buy it beyond their expectations that'll be good enough for them.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

pcgamer_07

lol they are on a roll, even though despite console versions have also been leaked. Gives me the feeling everything they have done that has run up to the pc version has all been intentional. The PR bs, holding out showing the pc version till the very end, the internal beta leak, the demo fiasco, three locked presets with little difference. They have been obsessed with piracy ever since crysis sales didn't meet their egos and they have already geared up to use the same excuse. They know what they are doing with pc version and if enough people still buy it beyond their expectations that'll be good enough for them.

Too focused on pirates and thieves, "potential customers" while not even delivering about their promises on the PC version and totally screwing over their fanbase.

Way out of touch with reality.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="fanaticsm"]

well.....lets wait and see what the experts have to say......

GeneralShowzer
Just watch it not live up to the original :P

Did i call it or what ?
kate_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67 kate_jones
Member since 2007 • 3221 Posts

IGN just gave the console version 9/10, PC version has to be alright

ATLReppa770

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ATLReppa770
Member since 2005 • 4208 Posts

IGN just gave the console version 9/10, PC version has to be alright

kate_jones
lmao .. that's definitely a paid review. there's NO WAY the console version received a 9/10, honorably. The frame rate was completely out of whack for the PS3, 360's even dipped below 30 f/s at times BUT this is the PC forums, so we'll wait for the PC review.
TruedUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TruedUp
Member since 2002 • 691 Posts

Ugh all these good reviews are making it hard for me not to buy the game...

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#70 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

[QUOTE="ShimmerMan"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

Rickylee

But you cannot say

First paragraph; you state numbers mean nothing words mean everything. I think the numbers are a better determination in that more people would use them to express their opinion on the game cause it's easy and doesn't take allot of time. Words on the other hand are more thought out and usually the resault of someones dissatisfaction then pleasure in a game. Most people don't go out of their way to compliment something but will certianly do so to complain.

The rest of this post you dedicate to how anyone that doesn't understand you use of "everyone" is stupid and a troll. Words mean things and it's alright if you want to use them in your own fashion but you shouldn't be angry with some of us that don't agree. Your right it is all about context and shouldn't assume that we all know what you mean without that context. Remember where're dim and don't always read peoples minds. Just sayin'. (Flame shield up)

Right so you think pulling a slider from left to right on a website (which takes not even three seconds). Is a better indication of peoples opinion. Than people who take the time to post on forums. you know this makes no sense, I hope you know that...

I was a avid supporter of Crysis 1, and I spent many hours defending the game from people who accused it of being just a lightweight shooter with flashy graphics. So I don't agree that "Most people don't go out of their way to compliment".. When people complain about a product there's generally always people also defending said product if thye enjoyed it.

And yes it's stupid to take the word "everyone" out of context and try to use it in a literal sense. Because no one uses the word everyone to mean all demographics. It's usually always used to mean a "group" of people instead of "all" people. And when people want to talk about enntire demographics, they will generally use terms such as "ALL PEOPLE", "ALL GAMERS", "EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD".This is just common sense.

I said "everyone was complaining about Crysis 1".. All I meant was that there was a lot of criticism thrown at the game. Common sense would tell you I was talking about forums because that's generally where all criticism goes down. THATS ALL. I did not mean it literally as in EVERY SINGLE PERSON, stop trolling and stop making yourself look like you have no basic bottom line common sense. Get off the computer more and go outside.

fanaticsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 fanaticsm
Member since 2010 • 90 Posts

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand as predicted......gamespot gave the console version an 8.5 and in the 'Bad' section points out the buggy AI........

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="SkyWard20"] Honestly crysis ai can bugged up quite often. I never seen that i a game, not in stalker which is famous for buggy ai. Yet i never had one in either of the 3 games.

[QUOTE="dakan45"]Well if you think about it the choppers in the las game were annoying. Either fire all the rockets or get chased by them forever. Well you could shoot some idividual parts but it took forever.SF_KiLLaMaN

I wasn't the only person who hated that? :P

Many do but they refuse to admit it because its covered by may other things that are good in the game.

You could just get into a vehicle and shoot them down...
Rickylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Rickylee
Member since 2002 • 1342 Posts

[QUOTE="Rickylee"]

[QUOTE="ShimmerMan"] So everyone loved Oblivion then as that game scored 9.3 user raiting? Yes??? if you think user raiting means anything you're misguided. All it means is more people put the slider to the 10 mark. Instead of the 1 mark. It doesn't actually give a accurate statistic on what peoples thoughts and views were on the game. Numbers mean nothing, words mean more.

But you cannot say

ShimmerMan

First paragraph; you state numbers mean nothing words mean everything. I think the numbers are a better determination in that more people would use them to express their opinion on the game cause it's easy and doesn't take allot of time. Words on the other hand are more thought out and usually the result of someones dissatisfaction then pleasure in a game. Most people don't go out of their way to compliment something but will certainly do so to complain.

Right so you think pulling a slider from left to right on a website (which takes not even three seconds). Is a better indication of peoples opinion. Than people who take the time to post on forums. you know this makes no sense, I hope you know that...

I was a avid supporter of Crysis 1, and I spent many hours defending the game from people who accused it of being just a lightweight shooter with flashy graphics. So I don't agree that "Most people don't go out of their way to compliment".. When people complain about a product there's generally always people also defending said product if thye enjoyed it.

And yes it's stupid to take the word "everyone" out of context and try to use it in a literal sense. Because no one uses the word everyone to mean all demographics. It's usually always used to mean a "group" of people instead of "all" people. And when people want to talk about enntire demographics, they will generally use terms such as "ALL PEOPLE", "ALL GAMERS", "EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD".This is just common sense.

I said "everyone was complaining about Crysis 1".. All I meant was that there was a lot of criticism thrown at the game. Common sense would tell you I was talking about forums because that's generally where all criticism goes down. THATS ALL. I did not mean it literally as in EVERY SINGLE PERSON, stop trolling and stop making yourself look like you have no basic bottom line common sense. Get off the computer more and go outside.

Wow you sure put me in my place. Simply repeating your already obtuse circular argument. I won't try again it is hopeless.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#74 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Well you could take out the chopper with a machinegun but not as effectively as you put it. Truth is that the mg was gonna overheat a couple of bazzilion times till the chopper goes down and you cant look all the way up with the turret when the choppers tend to go right above you all the time.

[QUOTE="pcgamer_07"]

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

GeneralShowzer

Too focused on pirates and thieves, "potential customers" while not even delivering about their promises on the PC version and totally screwing over their fanbase.

Way out of touch with reality.

This too, and as psn said, no one wants the game to suck, its what they do that pulls out that reaction, it is dissrespectfull considering crytek was a pc only developer and now they feel like console sellouts that ignore the facts to establish the game on consoles when its pc game.

Haroon_Masroor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Haroon_Masroor
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i played the game i really enjoyed it......and it got 9.1 score at gametrailers....only one thing was disappointing that at the end there was no boos fights,and that thing made the game a little bore for me
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Crysis 1 = Good only because the graphics required something ridiculous to run and people convinced the game was GOOD because they blew so much money on it.

Crysis 2 = Another run of the mil average shooter #454535654656Vexx88

First Crysis was awesome. I still think it's quite possibly the very best single-player shooter released this generation. Gamespot gave it a 9.5, tying it with a few other games for being 2nd highest rated PC game. The game really awards the imaginative, and of course also rewards those with the PCs that can run it on high setings.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I liked the first two Crysis games. I also like Crysis 2. But, I don't consider Crysis 2 to be a true sequel. It certainly doesn't feel like a true sequel to me. But, it's good enough for me to waste some time with.

PRowcester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PRowcester
Member since 2011 • 153 Posts
Relax guys, its really not as bad as you people make it out to be!
Sentinel112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Sentinel112
Member since 2006 • 571 Posts

Crysis 1 = Good only because the graphics required something ridiculous to run and people convinced the game was GOOD because they blew so much money on it. Crysis 2 = Another run of the mil average shooter #454535654656Vexx88

THIS