Crysis 2 is a major disappointment.....

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fanaticsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 fanaticsm
Member since 2010 • 90 Posts

playing this game.....and all i can say, compared to the original, this one is a MAJOR disappointment.....the AI is buggy...the soldiers get stuck behind obstacles, keep walking in the same place and arent half as smart as the AI in the original......the choppers are super easy to take down and unlike the super menace the choppers were in the original.....its quite easy even on the hard setting and maximum speed is no longer an ability u can activate.....the suit now only has 2 powers......cloak and maximum armor.....speed is there but u just have to press the LS to activate it.....i guess Crytek was so busy making this game look pretty and sound super cool that they totally forgot about gameplay.....

i will be suprised if this game gets a score higher than 8.0 or 8.5 MAX

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
The game isn't out yet?
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

playing this game.....and all i can say, compared to the original, this one is a MAJOR disappointment.....the AI is buggy...the soldiers get stuck behind obstacles, keep walking in the same place and arent half as smart as the AI in the original......the choppers are super easy to take down and unlike the super menace the choppers were in the original.....its quite easy even on the hard setting and maximum speed is no longer an ability u can activate.....the suit now only has 2 powers......cloak and maximum armor.....speed is there but u just have to press the LS to activate it.....i guess Crytek was so busy making this game look pretty and sound super cool that they totally forgot about gameplay.....

i will be suprised if this game gets a score higher than 8.0 or 8.5 MAX

fanaticsm

I agree with you 100%

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
The game isn't out yet?darkfox101
Some retailers release it early.
darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
Which version did you play or are you just trolling TC? You copied and pasted this topic on PC and 360 forums.
fanaticsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fanaticsm

yup....the game is out......i played the console version, but i dont think the gameplay will be different in either of the versions and neither the bugs will be any different......

mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

I know this is just bs talk because the AI in Crysis was terrible. They improved on the AI in Crysis 2 ive seen videos and it looks much better. It sounds to me your talking from the BETA.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Sounds like you didn't really put a lot of thought into your analysis.
Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

Too bad the game has been getting 9/10 from reviewers so far.

Also, I believe you are making your opinion based off of the leaked beta. Because I had AI problems like you mention in the beta as well, but reviewers have stated that the AI constantly challenges you and is very good.

If you play the game on the hardest difficulty it is very difficuly, I found myself dying several times on the second hardest difficulty.

You say there is only 2 suit powers when there is really 4. Strength and speed activate differently rather than turning the suit mode on. Strength can be used by holding spacebar when you jump or holding mouse 1 when holding an object, speed can be used by pressing shift or by pressing C while sprinting to slide.

Play the full game before you hate. Id call you the T word, but i keep getting modded for it. Stop T'ing.

ATLReppa770

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ATLReppa770
Member since 2005 • 4208 Posts

yup....the game is out......i played the console version, but i dont think the gameplay will be different in either of the versions and neither the bugs will be any different......

fanaticsm
...... I could understand if you believed the 360 and _PS3_ version would be equivalent but don't compare the 360 version to the PC by assuming it'd be the same. ~30 vs. 60+ f/s is a big difference during gameplay.
aijou_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 aijou_
Member since 2006 • 334 Posts

First of all I this sounds like a troll to me. Second of all How could 8.5 be a major dissapointment? Third, If you just played the 360 version , you shouldn't post in the PC forum.

BTW I really liked the Demo for PC.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Well if you think about it the choppers in the las game were annoying. Either fire all the rockets or get chased by them forever. Well you could shoot some idividual parts but it took forever.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dakan45

fanaticsm
Jeez, cut him some slack, check out most games, the pc and x360 version are hardly that diffirent. After all we seen i doubt crysis 2 will be diffirent. Crytek did talk about better ai on pc, but they also "talked" about other things ;)....sooo, if the game is like that on a console, i dont expect a big improvement on the pc considering all the focus they put on the console version.
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

yeah the AI was never buggy in the original.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

Well if you think about it the choppers in the las game were annoying. Either fire all the rockets or get chased by them forever. Well you could shoot some idividual parts but it took forever.dakan45
I wasn't the only person who hated that? :P

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dakan45

yeah the AI was never buggy in the original.

SkyWard20
Honestly crysis ai can bugged up quite often. I never seen that i a game, not in stalker which is famous for buggy ai. Yet i never had one in either of the 3 games.

[QUOTE="dakan45"]Well if you think about it the choppers in the las game were annoying. Either fire all the rockets or get chased by them forever. Well you could shoot some idividual parts but it took forever.SF_KiLLaMaN

Many do but they refuse to admit it because its covered by may other things that are good in the game.
kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

Yeah I played the demo on 360, I hated it.

I tried to like it, but I just couldn't.

fanaticsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fanaticsm

well.....lets wait and see what the experts have to say......

fanaticsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fanaticsm
and no....its not the leaked beta.....
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GeneralShowzer

well.....lets wait and see what the experts have to say......

fanaticsm
Just watch it not live up to the original :P
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="SkyWard20"] Honestly crysis ai can bugged up quite often. I never seen that i a game, not in stalker which is famous for buggy ai. Yet i never had one in either of the 3 games.

[QUOTE="dakan45"]Well if you think about it the choppers in the las game were annoying. Either fire all the rockets or get chased by them forever. Well you could shoot some idividual parts but it took forever.SF_KiLLaMaN

Many do but they refuse to admit it because its covered by may other things that are good in the game.

His post had something called sarcasm.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
The choppers were extremely easy in Crysis original. I don't see the difference there.. It's not cool to walk into the PC forum and post your impression from playing a a console version, or mind you, even beta leak. Can't trust you there.
tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

Whats dissapointing is how everyone is so adamantly against Crsis 2 without having seen reviews, played the game, or at least watched videos of the release version before making any judgement. For what reason do people here make it a point to flame every crysis 2 topic trying to ruin what other would find a fun game? people here hold the mentality that waht they think should apply to everyone else, go troll some other board

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Crypt_mx

Yea, since all games that get 9/10 deserve it.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#25 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Whats dissapointing is how everyone is so adamantly against Crsis 2 without having seen reviews, played the game, or at least watched videos of the release version before making any judgement. For what reason do people here make it a point to flame every crysis 2 topic trying to ruin what other would find a fun game? people here hold the mentality that waht they think should apply to everyone else, go troll some other board

tutt3r

Yeah I agree 100%. Love these forums and alot of the people posting but this has bothered me to.

Never seen a website were people are so judgemental of things before they even come out or they have experienced it first hand.

I am worried about the game myself, but to completely trash the game when you have not played it? Very silly imo.

When I was younger I use to do the same thing, glad I grew up and relized that you should not judge a book by its cover.

If you hate the game thats perfectly fine, but at least give the game a chance.....

Many games I thought would be terrible turned out good and many games I thought would be great turned out horrible, another reason why I try games before trashing or praising them.

I dont really know the reason why people do this bud, but my guess is that it makes them feel godo about themselves so they can say " I TOLD YOU SO!!!".

I remember when ARMA2 came out certain members of this site were like "THIS GAME SUCKS! NEW OPERATION FLASHPOINT IS WAY BETTER! EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NOT PLAYED IT YET", then 3-4 months later when they finally tried it they were like "THIS IS ACTUALLY GOOD! I WAS WRONG!". Like I said before, I dont mind if someone hates a game that I like, as long as they have tried the game.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Elann2008

tutt3r
Agreed. The game comes out tomorrow and people still can't hold it in. Some of us had to endure the rants, the complaining, the whining, for months. /sigh
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KHAndAnime

tutt3r
It's not hard to figure out that you're going to be disappointed by a game based on information given pre-release. Unless you're unable to create informed predictions based on a beta leak, gameplay videos, a demo, and related news.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="tutt3r"]

Elann2008

Agreed. The game comes out tomorrow and people still can't hold it in. Some of us had to endure the rants, the complaining, the whining, for months. /sigh

Exactly, once a game is out and people have played it I enjoy reading impressions from those who like it and those who hate it, but it always makes me laugh when I see people completely trash a game before its out.

Sure alot of the things Crytek has done with this game I dont like the idea of, but you know what? I have been wrong many many many times before when it coems to things like this so Ill make up my mind how the game is when I am playing it or after I am done.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dakan45

Many do but they refuse to admit it because its covered by may other things that are good in the game.JigglyWiggly_
His post had something called sarcasm.

Sarcasm? What for?

Whats dissapointing is how everyone is so adamantly against Crsis 2 without having seen reviews tutt3r

Far cry 2? Moh? gta iv?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="tutt3r"]

KHAndAnime

It's not hard to figure out that you're going to be disappointed by a game based on information given pre-release. Unless you're unable to create informed predictions based on a beta leak, gameplay videos, a demo, and related news.

You have NEVER been wrong with a videogame, movie or album that you saw previews/trailers for? Come on now. Your saying you are 100% when it comes to guessing about how good games will be or by looking at a year old beta? :roll:

dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts

I know this is just bs talk because the AI in Crysis was terrible.mattuk69

It was actually really good.

Cue the posting of Youtube videos showing the AI flukes that happen in pretty much every game...

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="tutt3r"]

kozzy1234

Exactly, once a game is out and people have played it I enjoy reading impressions from those who like it and those who hate it, but it always makes me laugh when I see people completely trash a game before its out.

Sure alot of the things Crytek has done with this game I dont like the idea of, but you know what? I have been wrong many many many times before when it coems to things like this so Ill make up my mind how the game is when I am playing it or after I am done.

I couldn't agree more. I could never understand the reasoning/intentions behind bashing a game before it's out. I think, no matter what, I'm going to enjoy Crysis 2 despite anything. I've learned who to listen to and trust on GS, so some people's comments go in one ear and right out the other. And also, I've been listening to the Crysis 2 OST on youtube. Great soundtrack.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#33 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="tutt3r"]

kozzy1234

Amen to the planetary existence to you three. Will be honest and start taking details only when I get my hands on the game.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="tutt3r"]

kozzy1234

You have NEVER been wrong with a videogame, movie or album that you saw previews/trailers for? Come on now. Your saying you are 100% when it comes to guessing about how good games will be or by looking at a year old beta? :roll:

Yes, I can't think of one instance I've ever been surprised by a game that I thought was going to be bad before hand. This is because I've been gaming most of my life and I know what I like in a game. It's pretty easy to tell if you might like a game or not with less than a demo, and we've been given more than that.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Elann2008

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] It's not hard to figure out that you're going to be disappointed by a game based on information given pre-release. Unless you're unable to create informed predictions based on a beta leak, gameplay videos, a demo, and related news.KHAndAnime

Yes, I can't think of one instance I've ever been surprised by a game that I thought was going to be bad before hand. This is because I've been gaming most of my life and I know what I like in a game. It's pretty easy to tell if you might like a game or not with less than a demo, and we've been given more than that.

Touche (in yellow font). With that said, how could I absolutely, positively, be disappointed in Crysis 2? ;)

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Elann2008

Touche (in yellow font). With that said, how could I absolutely, positively, be disappointed in Crysis 2? ;)

For all I know, you might be indifferent to the likely possibility of having no advanced graphical settings and an encrypted user configuration file. You might not be let down that the Crysis 2 doesn't attempt to push the envelope in graphics technology and shooting gameplay. You probably don't mind the singleplayer being focused around the same gameplay elements that made Call of Duty a success (as if we don't have enough games trying to mimic Hollywood). To me, all these things are disappointing. I'm sure there is much more I'm going to be disappointed by in this game, but a few positive experiences as well. All I know is that I know I wouldn't be disappointed if I spent that money on Shogun 2. :( We're not claiming that the game is guaranteed to suck - it's just annoying how Crytek's words haven't been matching what they're delivering.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

KHAndAnime

For all I know, you might be indifferent to the likely possibility of having no advanced graphical settings and an encrypted user configuration file. You might not be let down that the Crysis 2 doesn't attempt to push the envelope in graphics technology and shooting gameplay. You probably don't mind the singleplayer being focused around the same gameplay elements that made Call of Duty a success (as if we don't have enough games trying to mimic Hollywood). To me, all these things are disappointing. I'm sure there is much more I'm going to be disappointed by in this game, but a few positive experiences as well. All I know is that I know I wouldn't be disappointed if I spent that money on Shogun 2. :( We're not claiming that the game is guaranteed to suck - it's just annoying how Crytek's words haven't been matching what they're delivering.

Fair enough. I'll tell you what. Once I have my hands on the game some time this week (hopefully tomorrow :P ), I'll let my voice be known if Crysis 2 truly sucks or it's great. :) I'm fully aware of the graphical settings limitation, encrypted ini file. Those don't sit well with me at the moment. Is the encrypted ini file confirmed?
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GeneralShowzer
It's unbelivable how many people are telling everyone "Try it, try it" Games aren't free, and i can't afford to buy every game just to try it... I have no doubt that it will be a great game, however Crytek completely screwed over PC gamers.. I'm not really going to support it, never. I would rather buy another copy of Shogun II.
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#39 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Yea, I also wouldn't really want to buy Crysis 2 "just to try it". At least there's one user review up so far, let's see how many would agree or disagree.

But I admit, I liked the 'Story Trailer', it made me consider about it's single-player. If it's got a good length to it, then I'll probably consider it but if it's going to be 5 hours like most FPS games, piss off.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

Yea, I also wouldn't really want to buy Crysis 2 "just to try it". At least there's one user review up so far, let's see how many would agree or disagree.

But I admit, I liked the 'Story Trailer', it made me consider about it's single-player. If it's got a good length to it, then I'll probably consider it but if it's going to be 5 hours like most FPS games, piss off.

mhofever
It is supposedly 10-15 hours.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Well, i think i am going to like this game even more now. Usually when a game is ragged on this much from the "elite" players, it means it will be great. I cant wait till tomorrow night.

arnaudking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 arnaudking
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
the game seems fine, but i have to admit the AI is really bugged, they shoot walls and in the air when an enemy is not in reach
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

We're not claiming that the game is guaranteed to suck - it's just annoying how Crytek's words haven't been matching what they're delivering.KHAndAnime

Exactly! It's not like anyone wants this game to suck. :P

THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

Crypt_mx

Wow. Really. Is that all you've got? Yeah, 9/10 means so much from reviewers when even games like Black Ops that have been slammed by so many users also receive those same scores.

commander1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 commander1122
Member since 2005 • 1165 Posts

lucky that EA pay for the review early :D...maximum money....

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#48 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

Everyone was **** about Crysis 1 saying it's all eye candy and no gameplay. So I guess people complaining about Crysis 2 is nothing new either. So in that way it's not a dissappointment.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GeneralShowzer

Everyone was **** about Crysis 1 saying it's all eye candy and no gameplay. So I guess people complaining about Crysis 2 is nothing new either. So in that way it's not a dissappointment.

ShimmerMan
Metascore 91 GS user score (19.000 votes) 8.9 Yes....EVERYONE