Crysis 2 announced, coming to consoles

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

[QUOTE="DeltoidRecon"]

[QUOTE="Macutchi"]

they said crysis wasnt possible on console hardware but somehow the sequel (which you would expect to be more demanding considering its coming 2-3 years after the first) is possible on console hardware. so its not unreasonable to presume that sacrifices to the pc game will have to be made

Macutchi

Well dude ever heard of "progress" or "scalability"? At the time of the first Crysis game that statement was true, but as time goes on they have learned to improve on the CryEngine as they have shown with Warhead.

yes but warhead wasnt released on consoles either. maybe theyve come up with a way to scale down those huge open environments to run on console hardware. it'll be interesting to see

They did. They improved the streaming technology, and the physics and the AI are a lot more scalable. It took them 18 months to make the physics viable on PC, I think I read it right here on Gamespot. Now imagine how much they improved their technology with so much extra developement time.

Today they said the PS3 is used at its full capacity.

And Cevat also said it will look much, much better on PC. Of course it will.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Crytek does not look at gaming forums..... HAHHAHAHAAHHAAHHA... HAHAHAHAHAH... HAHAA..... HA

Are you kidding me? Why would ANY company pass up on FREE comparitively INSANELY ACCURATE marketing research? To even think that a company does not care to what people are saying about their product on forums is just..... I dont know bro. Dont get a job in marketing lets say that.Jermone123

Yeah it's called "if you're smart go to their own forums" but it's clearly not the case here, so you can forget about that ;).

I'm pretty sure I'd do a hell of a lot better than you would at a marketing job ;) because between the two of us it seems I'm not the one that's easily influenced/manipulated and I'm pretty confident I can convince easily influenced people, to buy anything with ease, quite confident about that actually, all you need is some pretty adds and pictures.

If you think a respected company looks on random forums for random ideas, think again, they have their own forums they have their own means of communicating with the community. Indie developers are pretty much the only ones that care enough to read the major headlines (not the forums) on random gaming sites, but think what you want.

Jermone123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 Jermone123
Member since 2006 • 803 Posts

[QUOTE="Jermone123"]Crytek does not look at gaming forums..... HAHHAHAHAAHHAAHHA... HAHAHAHAHAH... HAHAA..... HA

Are you kidding me? Why would ANY company pass up on FREE comparitively INSANELY ACCURATE marketing research? To even think that a company does not care to what people are saying about their product on forums is just..... I dont know bro. Dont get a job in marketing lets say that.DanielDust

Yeah it's called "if you're smart go to their own forums" but it's clearly not the case here, so you can forget about that ;).

I'm pretty sure I'd do a hell of a lot better than you would at a marketing job ;) because between the two of us it seems I'm not the one that's easily influenced/manipulated and I'm pretty confident I can convince easily influenced people, to buy anything with ease, quite confident about that actually, all you need is some pretty adds and pictures.

If you think a respected company looks on random forums for random ideas, think again, they have their own forums they have their own means of communicating with the community. Indie developers are pretty much the only ones that care enough to read the major headlines (not the forums) on random gaming sites, but think what you want.

Again HAHAHAHHAHA.... AAHAHAHAHAHHA.... HAHAHAHAH

Where do you get that I am easly influenced/manipulated? You could get me to buy anything at ease huh? Well, you are sure doing a poor job of selling me your idea, cuz I do not agree with you at all. If you think marketing is about influencing and manipulating people... than you have no idea what marketing is. In fact, you have no idea what selling is, kinda funny since you claim to be such a great salesperson. Marketing is not even close to being just about pretty adds and pictures. Also, looking at forums on a site such as gamespot is far from random ideas. So your saying that yours and everone else's opinion on here does not matter? Sorry, but I think mine does and yours does too. Crytek would benefit from looking at forums other than their own site. Getting information from a complete 3rd person source is extremely valuable information. Also, the more information the better.

You have your own opinion about crysis 2 and I do as well, which is fine. Please dont give misinformation though about what marketing is since you obviously dont know anything about it. :D

blade55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 blade55555
Member since 2005 • 1116 Posts

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="Jermone123"]Crytek does not look at gaming forums..... HAHHAHAHAAHHAAHHA... HAHAHAHAHAH... HAHAA..... HA

Are you kidding me? Why would ANY company pass up on FREE comparitively INSANELY ACCURATE marketing research? To even think that a company does not care to what people are saying about their product on forums is just..... I dont know bro. Dont get a job in marketing lets say that.Jermone123

Again HAHAHAHHAHA.... AAHAHAHAHAHHA.... HAHAHAHAH

Where do you get that I am easly influenced/manipulated? You could get me to buy anything at ease huh? Well, you are sure doing a poor job of selling me your idea, cuz I do not agree with you at all. If you think marketing is about influencing and manipulating people... than you have no idea what marketing is. In fact, you have no idea what selling is, kinda funny since you claim to be such a great salesperson. Marketing is not even close to being just about pretty adds and pictures. Also, looking at forums on a site such as gamespot is far from random ideas. So your saying that yours and everone else's opinion on here does not matter? Sorry, but I think mine does and yours does too. Crytek would benefit from looking at forums other than their own site. Getting information from a complete 3rd person source is extremely valuable information. Also, the more information the better.

You have your own opinion about crysis 2 and I do as well, which is fine. Please dont give misinformation though about what marketing is since you obviously dont know anything about it. :D

I recommend the same to you sir :D
Jermone123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 Jermone123
Member since 2006 • 803 Posts

Please, enlighten me...

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#107 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Our opinions are important, of course, but developers don't really care about the majority, and they're doing a good thing, because millions are expecting that game, and they can't make everyone happy, that's why they beta test and "sometimes" ask the community about the game, what they think it lacks or needs more work, not even Valve listens to the community as much as you'd think, if they would, they would ruin their games, because not everyone has a good idea.

Marketing is about pretty pictures and adds, the work done in the background, all it takes to make those pictures, adds, to organize the events, all the planning, etc that is all irrelevant to the one you're trying to "influence". Don't tell me marketing is not about influencing people ;) marketing is ALL ABOUT convincing/influencing people to buy a certain product, through any means. A used shoe for example, if you have a good plan, interesting adds, interviews, how it changed our lives, you're bound to fool at least one person, the world is full of people that would buy anything and I mean anything.

About what's important to this thread, Crysis 2, you should have an opinion about it and you should complain about something you don't like, but unless I'm missing something here, there isn't any Crysis 2 PC footage, or anything related to Crysis, we don't know if those CE 3 levels were from Crysis, maybe they just included some nanosuits anyway that's irrelevant since it wasn't PC footage, and the teaser shows nothing, only the nanosuit is noticeable and nothing from it is in game.

You can't make an opinion on something you don't know about or you haven't seen a thing from it, no matter how awesome you are.

Oh and about me not being able to "sell" you my opinion, well that's because I'm not, that's just my opinion and I like to think that it's pretty objective. I too have some doubts about the quality of Crysis 2 but until I actually have a reason to complain, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it being multiplatform, Crytek is all about graphics and they know that and they assured us many times already that if they go multiplat with their next games (the announced Crysis 2) they will always continue to develop and support the PC and that they'll always set new boundaries in the evolution of PC graphics.