Counterstrike: GO questions and confusion. :\

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

So after all of these years of PC gaming I've finally decided to try CounterStrike.. First of all, I love it.. Dont know why I waited this long to play it. Secondly, comes the confusion. So here are my questions:

The multiplayer... Is there only one basic type of match, just bomb planting and hostage rescuing? Is there not a regular team death match, or something of the latter even on competitve mode? So far I've only done casual as I'm attempting to learn.

Secondly, the maps, lol.. So I bought the game 2 days ago for 15 bucks on steam and it would appear that I already have Operation Hydra, and in playing on casual it would appear that I only have the maps associated with Operation Hydra, at least that's all I've been able to play anyway. Is that the case? Do I only have those maps? And do I have to keep buying new operations as they come out in order to play competitively or casually for that matter? I assumed there would be a constant selection of maps whether or not you bought into the DLC. But from what I gather at this point is that you have to buy the new operations in order to play the game? ????

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

You don't have to buy any operations. Just play enough casual until you can play competitive. Most often played maps are: dust2, cache, mirage, italy, cobblestone, overpass, and I'm likely forgetting a few. The only game mode that's played in competitive are the bomb plant modes, although you can queue for hostage rescue but it is not played much. You can play deathmatch in casual, just select it and queue for whatever maps you want to play.

You don't buy maps in cs:go.

RoleplayGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By RoleplayGaming
Member since 2016 • 52 Posts

Dont forget to browse the custom servers for deathmatch games and other fun minigames like zombies

mastro_kian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 mastro_kian
Member since 2017 • 8 Posts

Csgo is all about competitive, that is where the fun and frustration is