deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

The Counter Strike series is one of the biggest MP PC franchises of all time just curious what's your history with the games and what are your favorite maps?

For me I got into Counter Strike with the Source version around 2007 played for a few years off and on got decent at it for awhile. My favorite maps are Office, Dust 2 and Inferno I also played some CS: GO but not nearly as much.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3398 Posts

Played 1.6 and Source... a lot.

I really like Dust, the most fun map imo.

Love Assault as a CT, really hard challenge but rewarding. But as T it just isn't that fun, too easy.

Italy, Aztec, Office, Inferno, Train, Dust 2, are all great.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

My college roommate and I played the crap out of Counter Strike when it first came out, before it was known as 1.6.

VOIP wasn't a big thing back then and most people didn't have the knowledge or ability to set it up, so being able to communicate with your teammate in real time was what made my roommate and unbelievable good at the game since we were in the same room calling everything out. We got kicked and banned from so many servers because people thought we were cheating.

We used to go into open clan servers because these clans would want to see what others out there could do. The servers would be open for "recruiting". We didn't want to get recruited, we just wanted to kick the crap out of others. We'd join the servers and the sides would usually be awfully lopsided in favor of the clan members. There would be 7 or 8 clan members playing as terrorists and my friend and I would be on a the CTs side with maybe 1 or 2 random other people that joined. My roommate and I would go through and demolish the clan team. After a dozen rounds we'd usually have 40+ kills, but only died maybe 5 times. We'd have one of two things happen:

1) The clan members would accusing us of cheating (wall hacks or aim bot) and ban us from their server OR

2) They instantly wanted us to join them so we could play tournaments together. We'd decline and kick the crap out of them a few more rounds and then move on.

Once CS: Source launched I was kind of played out for Counter Strike and I didn't play it much. A few years down the road I tried getting back into Counter Strike so I gave Source a try and enjoyed it, but having not played for a handful of years I really sucked at the game. I got my ass kicked all the time, I'd be lucky if I got any kills some games. I'd have to say that one of my favorite gameplay modes was Gungame. I excelled with pistols. I would fly through the first set of guns (all the pistols), but as soon as I got to the first weapon after pistols I sucked.

I played CS:S off and on for a year or so, but that was years ago. I'd venture to guess that I haven't played the game for maybe 15+ years or more now.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

Counterstrike 1.6 is what I played the most (we play LAN a lot at school then). Even got chance to play 16 vs 16 many times which I usually gets destroyed cause I don't actually know how to play.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2133 Posts

Used to play 1.6 on the local ISP servers, Source is still my most played game on Steam with 251h and GO is nr.6 at 81h.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3218 Posts

I love the Counter-Strike games. Source is my favorite in the series but I play a lot of Global Offensive as well. Office and Dust 2 are my favorite maps. I also like the map Agency in Global Offensive.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3398 Posts

@neatfeatguy: I tried to get back to it a few months ago and that was depressing af. 😄

At my peak I was consistently dominant. I remember back then one match I was 45:3 and even my teammates were calling me a cheater. But damn, I get completely trashed now. Super embarrassing I must say.

Gungame was a great mode.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

I've never even tried it. It just didn't and doesn't look fun to me.

Avatar image for masterkiller103
Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9 Masterkiller103
Member since 2022 • 468 Posts

I used to play counter strike 1.6, and source like crazy when i was in college i was so got-tier at it *** at the time, which made mee enjoy it even more, though i can never play them today they are just horrible. i also played some cs go right when it releasedd in 2012, but didnt like it much qnd i did not play any other game of the series.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

Since 1.6.

aaronwed1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 aaronwed1
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts

Source Was the first counter strike game i played.. i really Enjoyed it for a number of years.. but then team fortress 2 came out and i kind of never went back.. no i mostly do MMO's