Counter Strike On Vista

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts

Since I'm a big fan of FPS games, I was thinking about getting Counter Strike. However I am worried about compatibility issues. My Rig is : Windows Vista, 8800GT 512MB, 3GB RAM, 320 GB hardrive. Have there been any issues with counter strike source on vista or any of those computer parts? thanks

Also, would Gogamer be a good place to buy CSS?

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

it will be fine really CSS is my favorite game probaly of all time right now

Just download it off of steam its much easier

(if you dont have steam go to steampowered.com)

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Nope, no problems, it works just fine.(Q6600, 4gb RAM, 8800GT, Vista HP)

And why buy it from there and not steam?

FremenSquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 FremenSquid
Member since 2006 • 477 Posts

Yes, will definitely run perfectly.

grim1813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 grim1813
Member since 2005 • 431 Posts
It'll run great. It was the first game that I got for Vista. I'd recommend buying the CSS/Garry's Mod bundle off of Steam for $25. I'm not sure on this, but you might be able to get Day of Defeat with CSS when you buy it retail, so you might want to consider that as well.
TheBigBadGRIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TheBigBadGRIM
Member since 2005 • 1159 Posts
Just buy it from Steam, you wont regret it. If you have broadband it only takes 2 hours to buy/download/install/update the game. And if you REALLY want the game on CDs or DVDs, you can burn the most updated version of the game into 4CDs or 1 DVD after you download it. Just click "Back-up Game Content". Real easy.
FremenSquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 FremenSquid
Member since 2006 • 477 Posts

It'll run great. It was the first game that I got for Vista. I'd recommend buying the CSS/Garry's Mod bundle off of Steam for $25. I'm not sure on this, but you might be able to get Day of Defeat with CSS when you buy it retail, so you might want to consider that as well.grim1813

Yeah, retail I got it with DoD:S and HL2: DM for only $20.

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamerguy845
I actually already ordered it from gogamer w/ day of defeat and Hl2 DM, for $20, would that be ok?
The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts

I actually already ordered it from gogamer w/ day of defeat and Hl2 DM, for $20, would that be ok?gamerguy845

Yeah, you will just have to add your CD keys to your Steam account. After that you can feel free to toss the disks :P

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamerguy845

[QUOTE="gamerguy845"]I actually already ordered it from gogamer w/ day of defeat and Hl2 DM, for $20, would that be ok?The_PC_Gamer

Yeah, you will just have to add your CD keys to your Steam account. After that you can feel free to toss the disks :P

do I really have to have steam to play this game? Cause I really don't like Steam

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
[QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"]

[QUOTE="gamerguy845"]I actually already ordered it from gogamer w/ day of defeat and Hl2 DM, for $20, would that be ok?gamerguy845

do I really have to have steam to play this game? Cause I really don't like Steam

Yep, you absolutely can't play them without Steam. Well you can when Valve is out of the picuture (not too soon) because they said they will release patches for every game to make them standalone.

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamerguy845
[QUOTE="gamerguy845"][QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"]

[QUOTE="gamerguy845"]I actually already ordered it from gogamer w/ day of defeat and Hl2 DM, for $20, would that be ok?DanielDust

Yep, you absolutely can't play them without Steam. Well you can when Valve is out of the picuture (not too soon) because they said they will release patches for every game to make them standalone.

Wow, So I actually need to reinstall steam onto my computer just to play counter strike?

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gamerguy845
also I wanted to mention that me buying it from gogamer.com will have no effect on how I play the game with steam, correct? and will steam automatically patch counter strike source for me?
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="gamerguy845"][QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"]

[QUOTE="gamerguy845"]I actually already ordered it from gogamer w/ day of defeat and Hl2 DM, for $20, would that be ok?gamerguy845

Wow, So I actually need to reinstall steam onto my computer just to play counter strike?

Counter-Strike should come with Steam. Unless you're talking about 1.0 from who-knows how long ago. In which case you download Steam and enter the CD-Key located on your case.

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamerguy845
[QUOTE="gamerguy845"][QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="gamerguy845"][QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"]

[QUOTE="gamerguy845"]I actually already ordered it from gogamer w/ day of defeat and Hl2 DM, for $20, would that be ok?GodLovesDead

Counter-Strike should come with Steam. Unless you're talking about 1.0 from who-knows how long ago. In which case you download Steam and enter the CD-Key located on your case.

what do you mean "it comes with steam" I am buying Counter Strike Source from gogamer.com, like I perviously asked, will this effect me because of steam?

dieasgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dieasgrey
Member since 2005 • 676 Posts
Steam is required to play CSS. I dont see the big deal. Just install it. Steam is Free.
gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gamerguy845

Steam is required to play CSS. I dont see the big deal. Just install it. Steam is Free.dieasgrey

ok so I have steam installed on my computer with my account. Now when I get my copy from gogamer, I'm all set, correct?

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
CSS works fine for me.
gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamerguy845

[QUOTE="dieasgrey"]Steam is required to play CSS. I dont see the big deal. Just install it. Steam is Free.gamerguy845

ok so I have steam installed on my computer with my account. Now when I get my copy from gogamer, I'm all set, correct?

dieasgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dieasgrey
Member since 2005 • 676 Posts
Yup just install CSS. You just enter your serial number into steam and youre all set. By doing that you own the game in steam forever. If you uninstall and lose the cd you an redownload it and it will already be registered.